PDA

View Full Version : Police Academy remake

thedeparted
01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Zabielski to helm 'Police Academy' redo
Script penned by David Diamond, David Weissman
By JEFF SNEIDER
Longtime "Tosh.0" helmer Scott Zabielski will make his feature directorial debut with New Line's remake of "Police Academy."
Zabielski beat out several more experienced helmers for the coveted comedy gig, which the director is well suited for, having gone through actual police academy training as a reserve officer in West Hollywood.

David Diamond and David Weissman wrote the script, while original "Police Academy" producer Paul Maslansky will return to produce the remake. New Line is expected to start production this year, though they'll have to find a cast first.

The original 1984 "Police Academy" opened atop the box office where it stayed for three weeks before dropping to the second slot. However, it regained the top spot during its fifth and sixth weekends and proved to have legs throughout the summer, grossing more than $81 million domestically despite never playing on more than 1,587 screens.

Zabielski started his career as an editor on "Beauty and the Geek" and "Talkshow with Spike Feresten." He's repped by UTA and Underground Films and Management.

Contact Jeff Sneider at jeff.sneider@variety.com

Just big time fail :(

Exentenzed
01-10-2012, 06:00 PM
How the hell are they even going to get a cast that measures up to the previous? Let classics stay classics god damnit. This is going to end horribly.

thedeparted
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
I was reading in Entertainment magazine that over movie ticket sales were the lowest in 16 years. This is why, everyone can see it but they keep green lighting remakes and sequels. People really rather get new original ideas

audun0905
02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Why do they remake classics? WHYYYY :D

thedeparted
02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
money
lacking the will to fund new projects on perceived risks
knowing the general public will eat most ****e up

Jackabyte
02-28-2012, 09:24 PM
I really can't see a remake of this being even remotely half decent. The films were legendary when released and still are to this day. Big mistake if they go through with it in my opinion.

thedeparted
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I wonder who they'll cast and if the casting will be even remotely like the original cast. I know they won't be able to

Muffincat
03-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Uh jak I think you got lost from your spam thread so I moved a couple of your posts there

Anyway, yeah, I agree with everyone else that this is a dumb idea.

thedeparted
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah i did lol, just delete those 2 posts or move them to the spam thread.