PDA

View Full Version : For all the Racing/driving games fans out there!

Yasdnil
01-11-2012, 03:42 AM
As some of you know, I am a keen gamer. So much so, in fact, I research gaming experiences as part of my academic career! I am currently supervising a project student who is studying motivations for playing driving/racing games, who is looking for people like you to complete a short online survey for her.

If you would be so kind (as lots of you have been previously!), please could you take out about 10mins of your time, to complete the attached survey

Motivations towards playing car racing video games. (http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/753389/Motivations-towards-playing-car-racing-video-games)

She will be very grateful (as I will be also, as always.)

Thank you

Yasdnil

vepanator
01-11-2012, 05:56 AM
\o I took it. It was a nice and simpple little survey. Questions made me think about my own gaming experiences and how does gaming affects my life.

There were few "why on earth are they asking this" questions, but all together it was an eye-opening survey for me.

Trunks
01-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I don't have enough time right now, but I'll take this later today when I get out of class

Yasdnil
01-11-2012, 08:00 AM
\o I took it. It was a nice and simpple little survey. Questions made me think about my own gaming experiences and how does gaming affects my life.

There were few "why on earth are they asking this" questions, but all together it was an eye-opening survey for me.

Thanks very much for your time. Any particular questions which you found to be particularly "why on earth"?!

Yasdnil

vepanator
01-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks very much for your time. Any particular questions which you found to be particularly "why on earth"?!

Yasdnil

Hands up it rly is just me being super... whats the word... I dont even know a word for it but questions after 14th or so started to sound like you were blaming/coming to my face about being a forever-alone-gaming-geek and pushing your survey to my comfort-zone.
I wasnt offended and Im sure this is just me being weird.

Yasdnil
01-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Hands up it rly is just me being super... whats the word... I dont even know a word for it but questions after 14th or so started to sound like you were blaming/coming to my face about being a forever-alone-gaming-geek and pushing your survey to my comfort-zone.
I wasnt offended and Im sure this is just me being weird.

Your feedback is really useful- thank you.

Our research essentially, is looking at different motivations for playing these types of games. For example, social, achievement and immersion-related reasons. That is, how important are the achivement factors for racing games. What about social competition? etc. Sorry if it felt a bit invasive for you. We appreciate your time and effort in helping us with our project.

Yasdnil

Trunks
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I just finished the survey and I can see what vepanator is talking about. A few question I was thinking "get off me" lol, glad I could help though.

Muffincat
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I took it and thought the questions were a lot better than most surveys. :) I actually enjoyed it and am glad that people are asking these questions about games.

Good luck to you and your student.

BangMy Octopuss
01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Simple survey, made me think about my gaming experiences. lol.

HamadaLFC8
01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
All done !!! I love driving games ;D

GamingWeston
01-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Took it. Some questions were almost the same as the previous ones but I think they do this on purpose in surveys.

egg-whites333
01-13-2012, 11:00 PM
uhh i never get to do anything fun i hate my age :(

Yasdnil
01-17-2012, 07:41 AM
I took it and thought the questions were a lot better than most surveys. :) I actually enjoyed it and am glad that people are asking these questions about games.

Good luck to you and your student.

Simple survey, made me think about my gaming experiences. lol.

All done !!! I love driving games ;D

Thank you y'all- you are superstars. I'm glad that you have found our survey ok, and that you are interested in our research

Took it. Some questions were almost the same as the previous ones but I think they do this on purpose in surveys.

You're absolutely right, GamingWeston. Research tends to use more than one question asking a similar thing. It's supposed to make the responses more reliable than relying on one response.

Thanks for your interest!

BigKid
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Completed.

:cheesy:

Yasdnil
01-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Completed.

Thank you BigKid :cheesy:

Yasdnil
02-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks to everyone who has completed this survey. we are still after a few more responses. If you are a keen racing gamer- we would love to here from you!

Motivations towards playing car racing video games. (http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/753389/Motivations-towards-playing-car-racing-video-games)

Thank you.

Yasdnil

Thanks to everyone who has completed this survey. we are still after a few more responses. If you are a keen racing gamer- we would love to here from you!

Thank you.

Yasdnil

Can't spell- I meant "hear from you", not "here from you" Sorry:embarrassed:

HamadaLFC8
02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
For the future, please don't double post. Second time I had to merge your posts. Hit the "Edit" button, bottom right corner of your post buddy

Yasdnil
02-09-2012, 05:06 AM
For the future, please don't double post. Second time I had to merge your posts. Hit the "Edit" button, bottom right corner of your post buddy

Oo I'm sorry- I won't do it again.

smithrock76
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Awsome and nice games .good games...

smithrock76
02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
GamingWeston;310013]Took it. Some questions were almost the same as the previous ones but I think they do this on purpose in surveys.

smithrock76
02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
QUOTE=BigKid;311541]Completed.

:cheesy:[/QUOTE]

Completed.

Yasdnil
02-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Thank you very much for your help people. For those people who were wondering why some of the questions seemed repetitive; in psychological surveys we tend to ask the same kind of question more than once, as it is supposed to make the responses more reliable because you aren't just relying on one answer per factor you're interested in.

Sorry if it gets a bit tiresome and repetitive- we appreciate your persistence with it! :-)

Yasdnil
02-24-2012, 06:30 AM
We have now closed this survey. Thank you once again to your awesome people for your help.
Please let me know if you want to know more about the research!

Yasdnil

Yasdnil
07-23-2012, 05:28 AM
If anyone is still busting to take part in this survey, we have now re-opened it to get some more participants. We are currently at 79 completed responses, but are looking to get a couple of hundred, so have a bit of a way to go! We really appreciate all of you who have already taking time and effort to complete it for us. Please feel free to pass the link onto your driving game friends! Thank you.

Motivations for playing driving video games. (http://tinyurl.com/clvbfkg)

Yasdnil

abfa123
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I also like racing games.

TheGateKeeper
08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Filled out the survey for you bro

Yasdnil
10-11-2012, 03:14 AM
I also like racing games.

Filled out the survey for you bro

Cheers dudes- you're superstars!

Yasdnil
04-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Survey still open for more responses if there is anyone who hasn't yet completed it, who would like to.
All responses greatly appreciated!
Thank you