PDA

View Full Version : Bioware and EA Supporting Piracy?

Odineye
01-22-2012, 01:30 PM
This is my message to EA & Bioware after discovering that I could not play Mass Effect 1 on Windows 7 without the Bring Down the Sky DLC (it's Free). The unfortunate part is that the website used to get the DLC product key no longer exists.

The webpage used is no longer available. I find that these anti-piracy steps are getting absurd and if you are no longer supporting the methods you want us (consumers) to use then you are supporting piracy. I am a HUGE fan of the games Bioware and EA made together and I feel personally hurt that you are no longer supporting us as we have supported you.

I find this to be blatant disrespect of the customers. I am tired of being screwed by the companies fighting pirates. There is no reason I should be a victim of their war. There is no reason to be a victim yourself.

You wanna know what I REALLY don't understand, why movie companies spend millions on making a movie and are able to sell it for $20 when games cost at least $60. The only reason I can imagine is that we will pay it, and in this grand age of piracy, we pay because we love the developers and want them to continue creating beautiful things. However, they are fools if they forget that WE are the power of the world, the companies are not!

I have no intention of supporting piracy but I definitely do not support abusing the trust I put into you by agreeing to the EULA.

P.S. Has anyone ever read that thing? If not, try and find the part where they give 5 US dollars for damages. That thing needs a revision I think.

Odineye
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I openly stated I downloaded a pirated version of Mass Effect and installed it because Bioware was not being helpful at this point. The perma-banned me for that. I already bought there game though so, to knowledge, I did nothing wrong. They made the game I bought inaccessible to me. To me they are the ones who have done wrong.

Sunsetforgotten
01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't blame companies for supporting piracy because they are losing money in their investment due to straight up theft. However the cost of games,consoles, and extras increases while the economy continues to take a dive. There is no fluctuation in their pricing, they just continue to raise costs because they claim it takes more labor. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh son

CraeSC111
01-26-2012, 02:04 AM
With advanced programs and especially in games that reuse previous engines the labor is probably less than before...

Odineye
01-28-2012, 12:02 PM
They perma banned me from the Bioware forums for stating my discomfort with having to get Mass Effect from a pirate even though I bought the game. I HAD to because Bioware was NOT giving out the product key for the FREE BDTS DLC.

Mass Effect will NOT work on Win 7 without the FREE bdts dlc!

thedeparted
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
We don't support piracy here, regardless of your claims of buying it first.

LemonRising
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Usually support doesn't REALLY read your email, if they see "I pirated your game." they're porbably just gonna ban you lol and I think that proves that they don't support piracy.

You should email again, it might take awhile to get an actual response from a human who will read your whole email, but explain what happened and why you felt you had to pirate the game and ask for a solution as to where to find the dlc.

CraeSC111
01-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Its called spamming. Enjoy :D