PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4

skaterbobby95
01-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Well there are rumors that New Systems are going to be announced this year including the Xbox720(or whatever they plan to call it) and the ps4, i have read the document from japan (that contains info on the ps4) that everyone is talking, apperently they will be using the same CPU or Cell Broadband Engine as the ps3, this has the main PPE(core) that connects to the 7 SPE's, the PPE distributes different workloads onto the SPE's. They plan to put this hardware to its full potential, unlike the PS3 where different developers didn't want to work more hours for one console, so they gave each console the same graphics. Microsoft is going to use blu-ray disks on their new console which should be interesting. The developers may finally be able to give the same amount of graphics to each system, with actual 1080 graphics, instead of giving us below 720 graphics. Also another way you can tell that PS4 is coming out is because NaughtyDog the creator of Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and the Uncharted series, is now only making games for "upcoming systems". instead of having 20,000 polygons they are trying to make them 1,000,000 polygons, which means great graphics. Thanks for your time.

Sunsetforgotten
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Hopefully game quality improves in terms of creativity with the next gens. Getting tired of the same old stuff

thedeparted
02-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I doubt there is much info released this year. I hope what road they choose is easy for programmers to take advantage of the system and also it cost effective. This gen imo has really killed creative nature because of the cost of this gen games. Sure there is PSN/Live But i feel a lot of games are left off the books because they cant get a disc release and a little too much for a dd title

Synge
02-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I doubt there is much info released this year. I hope what road they choose is easy for programmers to take advantage of the system and also it cost effective. This gen imo has really killed creative nature because of the cost of this gen games. Sure there is PSN/Live But i feel a lot of games are left off the books because they cant get a disc release and a little too much for a dd title

I highly doubt games will go down in price. They've always been expensive. Hell, adjusted for inflation, the games this gen are actually quite a bit cheaper than most previous generations.

CraeSC111
02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
1 million polygons. Holy S@#%

thedeparted
02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I highly doubt games will go down in price. They've always been expensive. Hell, adjusted for inflation, the games this gen are actually quite a bit cheaper than most previous generations.

I was referring to the price of development. I know the consumer won't get a break and I guess it won't really go down for studios which is a shame cause niche games will be killed. I think i read awhile ago that average price per game last gen was less than 5 million unless it was super AAA game like San Andreas and this gen was more like 15-20 for lower and the topper games like Halo 3, GT5, GTA 4 costing 50 million or more

Synge
02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Ohh, yeah, completely skipped over the bit about creative nature or I would have caught that.

I agree, the budget for some titles is as large as a blockbuster movie; I believe GTA4 was almost 100 million actually, crazy.

Trunks
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Same CPU for a new a generation console, you'd think going from 20,000 to 1,000,000 polygons would take up more CPU. Yes I know that it involves the graphics cad, but CPU is part of everything.

W1CKEDTW1STED
02-07-2012, 08:00 PM
The Escapist : News : Microsoft: No New Xbox in 2012 (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115564-Microsoft-No-New-Xbox-in-2012)

tonylee93
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I think if they think outside of the box with a "playstation 4" than everything will go over well! And the same thing with the new xbox coming out. If they simply just change some bugs and features and give it a new name, I will be disappointed.

ShaqFulegend
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
No hurry no hurry at all