PDA

View Full Version : Best Arcades in your town

imoto
01-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Anyone anyone?

Does anyone still go to arcades??

I miss those days... and from my research on the interwebs, arcades are still HUGE in other countries... in the US we keep getting progressively lazy...
Remember the good ol days of standing next to your friend as your kicking ass? Beats a headset man...

List your favorite arcades here so I can go check them out!

thedeparted
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Well it a lot more fulfilling and cheaper buying a game that has online vs. placing hundreds of quarters. There needs to be experiences that greatly different then home consoles or handheld and need to be more fulfilling

imoto
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I definitely agree. What about the social aspect of it? How would we convince people that interacting in public and social environments can be more satisfying than staying at home and interacting online? Or instead of going to bars to meet people, everyone went to arcades instead?

thedeparted
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Although I'm more leaning towards home console/handheld. I do wish there was bigger presence arcade wise. I think if the niche could be built up enough that we could get some really nice creative experiences.

ShadowMantis
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
arcades?? they still exist O.o lol

Mizel
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I dont think you can convince people really. I mean, people know about arcades. They know they exist. I think if they want that social interaction it's their choice.

The problem isnt people not wanting to go, the problem is they dont really make arcade games anymore. And it sucks! :( Honestly, I dont see the trend ever picking back up again either.... but we can hope! ;)

SoopaZombie
02-05-2012, 07:52 PM
They actually opened a HUGH arcade here by me, maybe like 5 months ago called GALLOPING GHOST ARCADE and honestly it has been doing really well. Im sure it has a lot to do with being one of the only arcades around.