PDA

View Full Version : Age and Video games.

tr1cee
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I was playing video games with a friend of mines and we over heard two people arguing. It happens to be a 13 year old and a 19 year old. They're going at it like two 5 years old over a ball. So while this is going on a question came to mind.

How old do you think your going to be when you finally stop playing video games?

Trunks
02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
I probably won't completely stop, but maybe take gaming less seriously and don't spend the majority of my time on or around games. Maybe After college or grad school. Just depends on the time I'll have and how much I still enjoy it.

thedeparted
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I probably wont ever stop but I know im never going to be like how i was when i was a teen. I'm more into movies these days

HamadaLFC8
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Never stop, it'll probably just less time spent playing games cuz of job and other things that will come into your life but I personally am not planning on fully leaving

paecmaker
02-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Probably never, but I probably wont play as much as I do now.

Mizel
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I cant ever see myself not playing games. But at the same time I can’t see myself as a like 90 year old woman playing games either xD I mean my gpa plays Freecell and Solitaire which is technically gaming, and the only type of games I can even imagine old people playing… it’s the old people playing something like CoD or Arkum Asylum and stuff like that I can’t picture :P

http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0/files/2009/11/old-guitar-hero.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyUbNSq-kXvFnPSvl-RXHgeFvYT5Yli9OmPBfK6XrDZEQy_qxK

paecmaker
02-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I cant ever see myself not playing games. But at the same time I can’t see myself as a like 90 year old woman playing games either xD I mean my gpa plays Freecell and Solitaire which is technically gaming, and the only type of games I can even imagine old people playing… it’s the old people playing something like CoD or Arkum Asylum and stuff like that I can’t picture :P

http://www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0/files/2009/11/old-guitar-hero.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyUbNSq-kXvFnPSvl-RXHgeFvYT5Yli9OmPBfK6XrDZEQy_qxK

I just saw at the newspaper that there were a 100 years old that played on her Nintendo DS everyday. So there is no upper age for gaming.

tr1cee
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I see myself still playing video games like call of duty and battlefield. kicking ass.

Mizel
02-08-2012, 11:33 AM
I just saw at the newspaper that there were a 100 years old that played on her Nintendo DS everyday. So there is no upper age for gaming.

Haha I saw that too! But I think that was Memory game, can't remember what it's called. But it's games like that I *can* see old people playing :P

paecmaker
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Haha I saw that too! But I think that was Memory game, can't remember what it's called. But it's games like that I *can* see old people playing :P

Well he is "only" 66 years old but I would love to have a dad like that

Interview with Jaap: the Worlds Oldest Battlefield Player | DeltaGamer (http://deltagamer.com/7065/interview-with-the-worlds-oldest-battlefield-player)

There is also a pretty entertaining video in the link :D

Caro
02-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Lol, can't believe "finally stop playing"... Never... NEVER... NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

I will be a 84 year old woman slashing at air with my sword as I see my MMORPG game in some kind of helmet that lets you see a virtual world. Anyone who tells me I'm too old is welcome to stand in front of me as I try to hit a boss.

Yasdnil
02-16-2012, 04:30 AM
I probably won't stop, but I can imagine the types of games/ consoles I play on might change. Rather than using the 360, I might be more inclined to play handheld-based consoles or the likes of the Wii or Kinect more to keep active.

Mizel
02-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Are you kidding me? Lol, can't believe "finally stop playing"... Never... NEVER... NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

I will be a 84 year old woman slashing at air with my sword as I see my MMORPG game in some kind of helmet that lets you see a virtual world. Anyone who tells me I'm too old is welcome to stand in front of me as I try to hit a boss.

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly. Also, the mental pic of a lil old 84 year old granny, pink flowered moo-moo and cane and all, with a virtual reality helmet waving a fake sword around at people made me lol xD

GamingWeston
02-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Never effin ever. Who said it's childish to play games? Oh, some boring old men I guess. I think you are old when you start acting like that. It's always awesome to see some old granma playing Skyrim, that's so cool and it's good that they don't forget to enjoy life.

LemonRising
02-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Yeah I'll probably never stop playing games.
My uncle has a kid and owns his own resturant, and he still plays lmao (not as much of course). There will always be different kinds of games and I'm sure some will always to appeal to me no matter what age I am.

audun0905
02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Age doesn't mean anything. IF you enjoy playing and live happelly doing it, why not? Stop when you don't find it fun anymore.

ejay16us
02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Haha...I will probably never stop playing, but if I do...I will still enjoy watching my son play!

Mizel
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Haha...I will probably never stop playing, but if I do...I will still enjoy watching my son play!

Haha, until he gets to the age where he's beating you at all of them! :D

paecmaker
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Then we force them to play old dusty games like battlefield 3 or super mario.

Mizel
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
LOL Man, give a kid that's used to the no challenge games of today and force them to play something hard... That's just harsh! :P

ejay16us
02-22-2012, 07:12 PM

haha...I know right! He's so young now that I've got a few years before I have to worry about him even playing games.

CraeSC111
02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
I probably wont stop, just get limited by jobs, family, life.

Minatei
02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Same... I imagine myself playing with my daughter videogames together. XD Probably job is what will limit my time on the games.

Doll
02-22-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll always be playing games. xD
I wonder if my future son would be embarrassed or proud when I barge into his room demanding to play games with him and his friends.

Mizel
02-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Something tells me you should *never* barge into a sons room... it could scar you for life LOL :P

Blaze
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
My age was 16 when i started to play the games and at that time i was just having a PC and i played all the games on that.After that time i play continuously games and now my age is 25 years.

Hyper_Reality
02-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I never intend to stop, though I assume that as I grow older, I will have less time for games. I started gaming when I was 3 and I'm still playing them at 17 years old. They have become an important part to my life which I would never imagine living without.

johnmakerse
02-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Probably never because there is no age of entertainment. we can get entertainment in any age like playing video games....

poopsterspappy
02-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not gonna disclose my age cause you guys might call me gramps or some sh$% but I will never stop gaming. My life revolves around gaming. :)

Mizel
02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm not gonna disclose my age cause you guys might call me gramps or some sh$% but I will never stop gaming. My life revolves around gaming. :)

Awwwww, we wouldnt do that! Besides, you're only as old as you feel ;)

Sunsetforgotten
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I would say after I have kids. I don't want to encourage a ton of video game playing, rather more board games and the like. Or sports so they can get a free scholarship to a big university, go pro, then take care of his/her dad.

Mizel
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I would say after I have kids. I don't want to encourage a ton of video game playing, rather more board games and the like. Or sports so they can get a free scholarship to a big university, go pro, then take care of his/her dad.

Awwww yea, the American dream xD

Sunsetforgotten
02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Awwww yea, the American dream xD

Bahahaha! I've been planning it since I graduated college

egg-whites333
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
i hope i have a long time till i slow down and by the looks of the avregge age i have a good 15-20 years atleast i got my grampa to ply RDR and cod before he did not like cod but he feined RDR for the day lol

Mizel
02-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Bahahaha! I've been planning it since I graduated college

Amen to that ;)

i hope i have a long time till i slow down and by the looks of the avregge age i have a good 15-20 years atleast i got my grampa to ply RDR and cod before he did not like cod but he feined RDR for the day lol

Hahaha, that must have been hilarious :P