PDA

View Full Version : Xbox3/Ps4 may be further along than once thought

thedeparted
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
The DICE summit is currently taking place as awards are being handed out and moments ago Mark Rein took the stage. While talking about Unreal Engine 4 he said that the graphics engine was running on “systems I can’t talk about by name.” This would obviously point to the next generation of consoles being pretty far into development. Let the rumors continue to come out of the woodworks!

UPDATE: The quote was technically “Including systems we can’t name yet.”

Mark Rein: Unreal Engine 4 Running On Systems "I Can't Talk About By Name" | LoudMouthedGamers (http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2012/02/09/mark-rein-unreal-engine-4-running-on-systems-i-cant-talk-about-by-name/)

I think it's possible that I'm reading into this too much, but if it true that nex gen consoles are further a long than I assumed wouldn't be all that shocked. In the January NPD, overall sales dropped a staggering amount and throughout 2012 will likely be a struggle for the home consoles market. Microsoft and Sony may be setting up bets on trying to sneak a late 2012 launch and spring 2013 launch.