This is pretty nifty if you haven't seen it before:

http://static.flabber.net/files/scale-of-the-universe-2.swf

Apparently the Minecraft world is approximately the size of Neptune o.o

thedeparted
02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah it is nifty indeed and wow at minecraft world being as big as neptune

LiNuX
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Nice, they actually go down to Plank Length.

And Minecraft is actually bigger than Neptune. 64,000 km vs. 49,000 km. Unless I'm missing something.

This site is awesome.

+rep for sharing.

Muffincat
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Nice, they actually go down to Plank Length.

And Minecraft is actually bigger than Neptune. 64,000 km vs. 49,000 km. Unless I'm missing something.

This site is awesome.

+rep for sharing.

Well, pretty close, which is kind of mind boggling - bigger than a planet...

You're welcome :D

Synge
02-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I love stuff like this. To think that there is a star, a single mass, with a diameter longer than half the total distance of our solar system. And that it's still just a speck relative to the size of a 'small' nebula, and that the nebulae are mere specks relative to our Milky Way, which is like half a speck on a speck within the observable universe.. and all of that is still just a fraction of what is estimated to be out there..

We're so insignificant Q.Q

Muffincat
02-13-2012, 08:59 PM
I love stuff like this. To think that there is a star, a single mass, with a diameter longer than half the total distance of our solar system. And that it's still just a speck relative to the size of a 'small' nebula, and that the nebulae are mere specks relative to our Milky Way, which is like half a speck on a speck within the observable universe.. and all of that is still just a fraction of what is estimated to be out there..

We're so insignificant Q.Q

But also the other way, that there are things unfathomably tiny... it's just an amazing universe.

paecmaker
02-14-2012, 03:09 AM
Amasing site, and even if we are pretty small(like really small) I was still surprised that we saw human built things so far up in size.