PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

poopsterspappy
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself and say ello. I'm not exactly a "new gamer" but I am new to the forums. A bit about me. I am a game artist/level designer. I work with Z-Brush,Maya,UDK,PShop ya know the general toolset. I'm from Brooklyn but live in L.A. Just got finished with school and looking forward to working in the industry :D . My favorite games are (in no order) Half Life, Bi Shock, Crysis , Mass Effect, Halo, Batman Arkham City, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty, All the Ghost Recons, Far Cry....I guess I could go on and on. What I'm kinda hoping to do is break out of my FPS mode and get into some a RPG's. Anyhow....Hello

paecmaker
02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Welcome to GF, its always fun to "see" new faces and its even more fun if they work with games also. :D

Stay active and have fun.

Mizel
02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself and say ello. I'm not exactly a "new gamer" but I am new to the forums. A bit about me. I am a game artist/level designer. I work with Z-Brush,Maya,UDK,PShop ya know the general toolset. I'm from Brooklyn but live in L.A. Just got finished with school and looking forward to working in the industry :D . My favorite games are (in no order) Half Life, Bi Shock, Crysis , Mass Effect, Halo, Batman Arkham City, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty, All the Ghost Recons, Far Cry....I guess I could go on and on. What I'm kinda hoping to do is break out of my FPS mode and get into some a RPG's. Anyhow....Hello

‘ello and welcome :) BioShock is also one my all time fav games, so you have passed my test! ;)

Grats on finishing school, that’s awesome. And even more awesome to be able to be working in an industry that involves something you enjoy…. how are enjoying LA? I guess that wasn’t too big of a switch for you, coming from Brooklyn haha

Funny you mention wanting to go for some RPG’s versus the norm FPS. I actually am working the other way right now :P Used to mainly play RPG’s and not long ago started venturing out into the world of FPS’s. Thank god I did because otherwise I would have missed out on some awesomeee games. Any RPGs you have in mind?

poopsterspappy
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey Mizel,
Good to meet ya, Umm..... yeah I just started playing WOWC but I find it to be very easy at this point I must be doing something wrong or I guess I gotta level up. I was thinking about The Witcher 2 or the new Skyrim. Can I just jump in without playing earlier versions? What do you recommend? BTW, Have you played Half Life 2 I know it's a bit old but it's still one of the most epic games I've ever played?

Mizel
02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
What level are you in WoW? It is a looooot easier then it used to be unfortunately, but probably not a bad MMORPG to get started with. Leveling in the beginning goes pretty quickly, but slows down a good bit as you get higher. At least it used to lol I’ve actually never played either of The Witcher’s, but I hear they are really good. Just recently got the first, but haven’t started it yet…. Skyrim may be good for you. I wasn’t a fan, but I’m one of the very few that isn’t :P But for both Skyrim and The Witcher, I believe those are games you can just jump right into without playing the previous games….. You know, Half-Life is one of those games I started and never finished, like so many others haha But I reallyyyyy want to finish the first and play the second cause they are pretty decent games… Oh, Im sure I can recommend a few :) Do you mainly play PC/PS3?

poopsterspappy
03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the input, Man I've been working so hard I haven't played anything this week...buying Skyrim now..I'll let you know what I think.

Mizel
03-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the input, Man I've been working so hard I haven't played anything this week...buying Skyrim now..I'll let you know what I think.

Time for some relaxation! Pop in Skyrim and put your feet up ;)

foof
03-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum. Don't be afraid to post. Read the rules. Make friends. Game. Talk about games. YADYAYDYADYADYADYAYDAYDYADYADYAYDAYD HAVE FUN I LOVE YOU LMSDAFGADSKFS