PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls

Jackabyte
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Have seen this sort of thread on some other forums I have been on. Generally for those of us working the "graveyard shift" or just for those that are basically nocturnal.

Within my job I only have to do nights when it rolls around to my turn on the rota but other than that I'm usually up until the early hours of the morning anyway.

What about everybody else?

AmbaLaBamba
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm nocturnal, I sleep mostly during the day and I'm up all hours of the night and in to the early hours of the morning. That's bad...

I just have issues sleeping..

Synge
02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm a night owl at heart, but I try to go to sleep at least 7 hours before I need wake up. If I need to be up at 9 I'll make sure I'm asleep by 2, but if it's the weekend or I don't have to be anywhere, I'll stay up til 4, 5, 6 AM. Generally not good to screw with your sleep schedule like that, but, meh.

Suffered from insomnia (legit insomnia, that word is used too loosely these days, coupled with anxiety) throughout my senior year in high school, that sucked. Managed to balance a 3.2 GPA, part time job and other random activities on 2 or less hours of sleep a night. Doc put me on meds eventually, which sorted me out, thankfully.

paecmaker
02-29-2012, 03:04 AM
I prefer staying up at night, sadly no one else in my surroundings like that. :(

It is better in the winter cause then it goes dark early, and I love just being out walking in the dark.

Mizel
03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
If I didn't have to work a normal 8-5 job everyday, I'd be up until 2 or 3 am and then sleep in until 11ish.

paecmaker
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
If I didn't have to work a normal 8-5 job everyday, I'd be up until 2 or 3 am and then sleep in until 11ish.

There is nothin than I love more than having a LAN party all night, the feeling when you first look at the clock and its midnight and then you watch again and its like 5 am ;)

Mizel
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
There is nothin than I love more than having a LAN party all night, the feeling when you first look at the clock and its midnight and then you watch again and its like 5 am ;)

Story of my life..... or at least weekends!! :P

Muffincat
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
In the past several months, I've noticed that it feels so much better to wake up early in the morning rather than sleep in until noon (which I used to pretty much do exclusively). Unfortunately I have a lot of trouble falling asleep so I end up staying up for hours and then eventually sleeping in :(

CraeSC111
03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I've suffered from insomnia since before I can remember (so at least yesterday). Actually around 5th grade or so I believe. Although I don't post much at night usually

Jackabyte
03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Night shift 5 of 7. Got to love an about 80ish hour working week of nights...

Exentenzed
03-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Used to have a problem sleeping due to beeing awake way into the night as a kid, my brain stopped producing enough of the hormone that makes you sleepy in the evenings. The problem persists, even though it has improoved tremendously after spending some weeks at a sleep center.

But yea, i am nocturnal by heart. Somehow the dark makes me feel safer, and watching the night sky, when there are no clouds is amazing. :)

paecmaker
03-03-2012, 03:07 AM
But yea, i am nocturnal by heart. Somehow the dark makes me feel safer, and watching the night sky, when there are no clouds is amazing. :)

I love being out when its clear, you see all the stars and its even better if the moon is out, I love the white, almost ghostly light when its full moon.

Roger_Klotz
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm a night owl too. Getting off work at 10 p.m. most of the time kind of forces you to be.