PDA

View Full Version : Worst Restaurants Ever

Hyper_Reality
03-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone! I came up with this thread after spending almost an entire class period discussing different restaurants with my buddy. I want to know everyone's worst experience at a restaurant. You can discuss anything that comes to mind such as the food, staff, scenery, anything! Don't forget to share any hilarious mishaps that happened ;) My worst restaurant experience happened on my mother's birthday. She wanted to go to some fancy, expensive restaurant nobody else has ever heard of before. When we got there, it looked pretty nice! It looked like a tavern in WoW. What killed it was the food. First off, their food came in different meal courses, but you could not mismatch the dishes. For example, I ordered the turkey which came with an appetizer of cold pumpkin soup (which is absolutely disgusting). I wanted to change my appetizer with the salad, but in order to get the salad, your main dish had to be ham. Not only could you not substitute dishes, but there was only three different meal courses to choose from! On the way home, I vomited all over my pants (I believe it was the cold pumpkin soup) and had to remove them at a crowded gas station. To top everything else off, it was the middle of November and the vehicle we were driving did not have a functional heater. To this day, I refuse to return to that restaurant or eat cold pumpkin soup ever again! >:(

paecmaker
03-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Ive had my experience of bad restaurants.

In one the whole restaurant smelled like vomit, it can do wonders with your appetite. :p

In one Pizzeria I waited a LONG time to get my pizza, all my friends had gotten theirs and when mine finally comes its the wrong pizza, I though about telling them but didnt bother cause I didnt want to wait even more and the lessons were about to begin(I were still in school)

Hyper_Reality
03-03-2012, 06:11 AM
That happened to me on my birthday before. My family and I went to this steakhouse called Sagebrush and everyone got their food except for me. I ended up having to eat scraps off of everyone else's plate. Looking back on it today, I find it pretty pathetic that the one order they couldn't bring out was a simple little kid's meal!

thedeparted
03-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Dont ever ever eat at Pizza Hut (im an employee)

Hyper_Reality
03-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Most pizza places are terrible, whether its their food, staff, prices, or sanitary conditions. I get all my pizza from the gas station. You get loads of toppings, layers and layers of cheese, and a medium-sized pizza is roughly around $6-$8.

Synge
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Cold pumpkin soup sounds disgusting.. 0o

Hmm, I had a somewhat bad experience that wasn't so much bad for me as I imagine it was for everyone else in the restaurant. Brought my little cousin to a local place, he has autism and is generally hilarious and lovable/adorable, but if you don't know him his antics might come off as a bit annoying, especially when you're trying to enjoy a meal with your family.

Anyway, we do this thing where we imitate the seagulls in Nemo, ya know, "mineminemineminemine." He decided to play that game with the waitress every time she brought us something. Then he noticed the rainbow from a prism sitting on a counter being cast on the wall beside us, and started singing the Double Rainbow Song. Then he got a little too excited and vomited chocolate milk everywhere.

Dont ever ever eat at Pizza Hut (im an employee)

I worked at Pizza Hut in high school.. I can confirm this..

Trunks
03-03-2012, 04:39 PM
My worst experience in restaurants was when I went to Georgia to visit a buddy that was graduating from Basic Training. We just picked him up from his ceremony so it was early in the morning and we decided to get some breakfast.

We stopped at a denny's that what right beside our hotel. There was maybe 9 or 10 of us because his family was there. Anyway, he sat in three separate booths right beside each other. My friend from the army sits with his wife and parents. I was sitting with his mother in law and another friend that also came down to visit. We both can't stand the mother-in-law, so we were already pretty annoyed. We ordered and everything seemed to be going okay. They brought our drinks for the mother in law and me, but not my friend, they said his was coming shortly. So we proceed to wait for our meals and his drinks. Both the other tables we came with already had their food and were eating. We were expecting ours to come soon since they got theirs.

Well we waited some more and some more.... we asked the waitress where our food was and my friends drink which was an apple juice. She said it would be here soon. Probably 20 or 30 minutes after we ordered, the other two tables were done eating. They laughed said they'd meet us back at the hotel. So we waited some more for our food, very mad, very hungry and very bored. Not to mentioned annoyed by the mother-in-law.

Finally my friends apple juice came, he was very happy that he finally got his drink. He savored it, because he knew their wouldn't be any more coming. I'd say maybe 40 minutes after ordered we finally got the food. Which my order happened to be completely wrong, but just wanting to eat, I didn't complain. Needless to say, no tip was given, we though about not even paying and just walking out..

That is just one of the horrible experiences that my friend and I had in Georgia. It really is a awful state, or at least the town. We had problems with almost everything. The McDonald's was a bad experience as well, their was this community college we walked too, smallest college I've ever seen in my life literally like 4 class rooms. Hmmm, no side walks in this town, or crosswalks. You had to run across the 6 lanes interstate if you wanted to go across the street. Absolutely nothing to do, me and my friend went to every store. Was just awful, never going back lol.

egg-whites333
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh god do I want to know???

norid
03-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Hands down on the East coast for Mexican food. I am talking New York and New Hampshire. For those who live there I do not know what you like but from the joints I have eaten at (I lived there for a while and visit every so often) are blehhhhh

Hyper_Reality
03-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I agree with norid. I've been to NY only once and during my visit, I tried several restaurants. Any foreign restaurants were absolutely horrible and disgusting. On the other hand, the fast food and pizza their are pretty delicious compared to what we have in NC.

Mizel
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Thinking back on it, I can't think of any restaurant experiences so horrible that I can remember them or that weren't the typical "food wasn’t what I ordered" stories.... last time I was disappointed in a restaurant I remember was going to Little Italy in Mahattan, NY around Christmas. We were deciding between 2 restaturants... the one when we walked by, this Italian guy was outside trying to get customers to come in. He was really cool and the place looked really nice, but for some reason we decided to go to the place across the street because it looked nicer and fancier. When we walked in there was no one in there. First bad sign. Waiter sucked (which was clear before he even got us drinks). Bad sign #2. The menu was nothing special and very small. Only a few items and the typical "Italian" things you'd see, like lasagna and alfredo. Bad sign #3. At this point, none of us were feeling it and should have honestly just paid for the drinks and left. Stayed for whatever reason. Ordered, and when we got the food it tasted like straight up chef Boyardee. My friend's was so gross she didn't even eat it. We had waited alllll day for good Italian food and ended up at this joint. Sucked -___-

paecmaker
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I remember a restaurant in greece. Well at first we looked at the signs, and we were surprised to see that there was a menu in swedish, however I cant really call that swedish anyway, For example Swedish is "Svenska" on swedish yet it stood "Cvenscka", lol.
I know that you cant really expect them too know perfect swedish but why did they have the menu on swedish anyway???

But we still went in there and was going to eat something. So I picked Mousaka(greek lasagna in short term) and when I got it after a long time it was partly cold, it had been microwaved and sucked, not even any salad was on it....

Hyper_Reality
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Thinking back on it, I can't think of any restaurant experiences so horrible that I can remember them or that weren't the typical "food wasn’t what I ordered" stories.... last time I was disappointed in a restaurant I remember was going to Little Italy in Mahattan, NY around Christmas. We were deciding between 2 restaturants... the one when we walked by, this Italian guy was outside trying to get customers to come in. He was really cool and the place looked really nice, but for some reason we decided to go to the place across the street because it looked nicer and fancier. When we walked in there was no one in there. First bad sign. Waiter sucked (which was clear before he even got us drinks). Bad sign #2. The menu was nothing special and very small. Only a few items and the typical "Italian" things you'd see, like lasagna and alfredo. Bad sign #3. At this point, none of us were feeling it and should have honestly just paid for the drinks and left. Stayed for whatever reason. Ordered, and when we got the food it tasted like straight up chef Boyardee. My friend's was so gross she didn't even eat it. We had waited alllll day for good Italian food and ended up at this joint. Sucked -___-

:laugh1: I basically live off of Chef Boyardee

Mizel
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I fkn loves me some Chef Boyardee lol Just not for $25.00 a bowl xD

Hyper_Reality
03-06-2012, 04:50 AM
XD Well then you've just never had a craving for Chef Boyardee like I have had before. Sometimes I would do anything for a bowl of their ravioli!

Mizel
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Dammit... now I *REALLY* want some!! lol D: Wonder what the hubby would say if he came home to a dinner of it.... *pictures in head* lifts silver platter lid off of dish to reveal..... Chef Boyardee xD

CraeSC111
03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I myself dislike chef boyardee. Worst thing I've experienced is getting kicked out of a restaurant because my friend was "sexually harassing" the waitress and distracting her from work. They were flirting. :p

Hyper_Reality
03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Dammit... now I *REALLY* want some!! lol D: Wonder what the hubby would say if he came home to a dinner of it.... *pictures in head* lifts silver platter lid off of dish to reveal..... Chef Boyardee xD

XD If my girl offered to make me dinner and just ended up microwaving some Chef Boyardee, I would be crazy about her

Mizel
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I myself dislike chef boyardee. Worst thing I've experienced is getting kicked out of a restaurant because my friend was "sexually harassing" the waitress and distracting her from work. They were flirting. :p

You, sir, are just plain mad :P Also, that ridonk lol

XD If my girl offered to make me dinner and just ended up microwaving some Chef Boyardee, I would be crazy about her

Lulz I wish most men were that easy to please xD

Braeden
10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Steak'n'Shake is the worst restaurant ever..

It was 8am and we were driving to Philadelphia to see family and we stopped at one because I never had been to one before.
The person asked what I wanted to drink and I asked for Milk. They came back and gave me spoiled milk. I then asked for chocolate milk and then the waiter spilled the milk and broke the glass and it went all over me. We order food and it didn't come for an hour so we just left.
PS We didn't pay because they just left us and we didn't eat or actually get to drink anything.

TheGateKeeper
10-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Lol this is pretty funny but I remember eating at a Chinese-style restaurant this one time and the owner was literally arrested right on the spot lol. He was dragged out in handcuffs while everyone was eating lol. Apparently his workers didn't have the correct permit.

thedeparted
10-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Steak'n'Shake is the worst restaurant ever..

It was 8am and we were driving to Philadelphia to see family and we stopped at one because I never had been to one before.
The person asked what I wanted to drink and I asked for Milk. They came back and gave me spoiled milk. I then asked for chocolate milk and then the waiter spilled the milk and broke the glass and it went all over me. We order food and it didn't come for an hour so we just left.
PS We didn't pay because they just left us and we didn't eat or actually get to drink anything.

Steak n Shake is amazing bro you just ran into a bad one. Overall they rip McDonalds/Burger King anus apart

nephilim
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Best pizza....Costco, £7.50 for an 18in pizza with 4 toppings.

Worst pizza....Pizza Hut in the US, the pizza was greasy, toppings were remarkably skimpy. Peppers were sliced so thin and sparsely placed on the pizza, it was hardly worth having, same with the chicken!

Jaykub
01-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I got food poisoning and Taco Bell, also Pizza Hut is terrible.

Mizel
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Pizza Hut used to be amazing. Back when that super delicious thick greasy arse crust pizza. Now it's more like crappy pizza shop pizza.

I have a new favorite restaurant to hate! Chipotle. It's the worst excuse for a hipster burrito place, *ever*. Finally got one in my area.... went in. First of all, all of their meats are "natural" meaning the animals weren't given growth hormones or vaccinations or anitbotics or anything, strike 1. Screw all that hippie crap. Then, instead of having tortilla options and rice options and sauce options.... there were none. Strike 2. Im sorry, but I want substance on my burrito. Not a nasty plain arse burrito filled with nothing but hippie meat and white rice. Strike 3 was the fact that all of their employees looked like they wanted to kill themselves. Hubby and I walked in... stood in line for 10 minutes... and left to go to Neato Burrito. Screw all that noise -__-

Jaykub
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
"natural" meaning the animals weren't given growth hormones or vaccinations or anitbotics or anything,

But.. that makes it healthy ;_;

Mizel
01-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh, NOT being given antibiotics or vaccinations makes it healthier? Funny, I thought it worked the other way around :P

Jaykub
01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Oh, NOT being given antibiotics or vaccinations makes it healthier? Funny, I thought it worked the other way around :P

Antibiotics and Vaccinations can = unhealthy.

Mizel
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Antibiotics and Vaccinations can = unhealthy.

That's okay, I'm not worried ;) Every time I get an email at work where someone is complaining that we use milk from cows with growth hormones or corn syrup or <insert anything that isn't 100% natrual here>, I want to drive to their house and punch them in their annoying, uniformed hippie faces. That or link them the Penn & Teller organic study video haha :D All that Organic only crap is nooooot for me. To each his own, I suppose :P

Sed
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I got food poisoning and Taco Bell, also Pizza Hut is terrible.
It's a shame that Pizza Hut doesn't deliver to me. They say I live too far away, but it's literally about a 5 minute drive to their nearest location from my house. Their stuffed-crust pizzas are just the greatest thing to me.

Yasdnil
01-17-2013, 05:36 AM
The worst experience for me was many years ago now. My family and I had order four standard meals. Two arrived; one of which looked like it had been sitting out on a hotplate for hours and was all dried up, the other was the wrong dish. Then, having waited a further 20 mins for the other two dishes we were due, two different waiting staff one two different occasions brought out a roast chicken, which none of us had ordered. Finally, after a grand total of 55 minutes, we had all received our correct dishes, although none of these were particularly appetising. Awful. Never been back.

CraeSC111
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I am guessing I have mentioned it before but the outback steakhouse always burns my food. I confirmed it again a few days ago

Ciel
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Not once has Arby's gotten my order correct on the first try and this is after visiting various locations. Of course this is "fast food". I have also had some pretty terrible sushi around here in Chicago. How some of these places get away with it is beyond me.

Mizel
01-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I am guessing I have mentioned it before but the outback steakhouse always burns my food. I confirmed it again a few days ago
Everyone I know that's been to Outback hates it lol I've only been once, but I had an amazing bleu cheese filet. Om nom nom

Not once has Arby's gotten my order correct on the first try and this is after visiting various locations. Of course this is "fast food". I have also had some pretty terrible sushi around here in Chicago. How some of these places get away with it is beyond me.

But Arby's food is amazing, so that's acceptable :D

ROFLBRYCE
01-18-2013, 12:51 PM
That's okay, I'm not worried ;) Every time I get an email at work where someone is complaining that we use milk from cows with growth hormones or corn syrup or <insert anything that isn't 100% natrual here>, I want to drive to their house and punch them in their annoying, uniformed hippie faces. That or link them the Penn & Teller organic study video haha :D All that Organic only crap is nooooot for me. To each his own, I suppose :P
Sometimes healthier is better. My mom and her boyfriend hunt, so we get a decent supply of moose and elk. Which, avoid lots of the filler and chemicals that "farm" animals do in the factory farms. Gotta tell ya, wild red meat is the greatest thing ever.

My grampa also grows his own beef from cows. Hard to eat store-bought after that. I hate when people get all prissy prancy about the chemicals and stuff too, but it really does make a world of difference. Oh, and yeah vaccinations are important. I don't want no diseased steak. D:<

But...but...Bloomin' Onion..

Yours must suck, I've been to 2 or 3 different ones and hooolllllyyyy CRAP. Best meal ever. Even if it is a little pricey.

NOW MY INPUT!

Worst restaurant I've been to has to be the Spaghetti Factory. I've been to the one in the West Edmonton mall on 5 different occasions in the last 7 years. Every single time it's dirty cutlery at the table, takes 25 minutes just to get a drink to the table even if it's half full, and the food gets to the table lukewarm half the time. I keep going because I hope it gets better each time, but...it just doesn't :( I really hope the other ones aren't that bad lol.

CraeSC111
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Hell I went to one where they burned the bloomin onion :p

ROFLBRYCE
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Hell I went to one where they burned the bloomin onion :p

Man, that's a crime against humanity in itself :(

thedeparted
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I wanna eat Moose and Elk meat :(

Mizel
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM
Sometimes healthier is better. My mom and her boyfriend hunt, so we get a decent supply of moose and elk. Which, avoid lots of the filler and chemicals that "farm" animals do in the factory farms. Gotta tell ya, wild red meat is the greatest thing ever.

My grampa also grows his own beef from cows. Hard to eat store-bought after that. I hate when people get all prissy prancy about the chemicals and stuff too, but it really does make a world of difference. Oh, and yeah vaccinations are important. I don't want no diseased steak. D:<

Yours must suck, I've been to 2 or 3 different ones and hooolllllyyyy CRAP. Best meal ever. Even if it is a little pricey.

NOW MY INPUT!

Worst restaurant I've been to has to be the Spaghetti Factory. I've been to the one in the West Edmonton mall on 5 different occasions in the last 7 years. Every single time it's dirty cutlery at the table, takes 25 minutes just to get a drink to the table even if it's half full, and the food gets to the table lukewarm half the time. I keep going because I hope it gets better each time, but...it just doesn't :( I really hope the other ones aren't that bad lol.

Oh, I totally agree... FRESH is always better lol No way to argue with that. But if you were to eat store bought meat (filled with all those fillers and crap) while it was still fresh (as in pre being frozen, shipped hundreds of miles to your store, unfrozen, packaged and laid out on a shelf for a week or so and then sold to you right before it expires) I bet it would still taste the same :P

Also, it makes me sad that such an awesome sounding place is terribe :P

Yasdnil
02-12-2013, 05:55 AM

NOW MY INPUT!

You have good determination there ROFLBRYCE. I think I would have given up after the second time!