PDA

View Full Version : Why you want money so much?!

MidNightGaimer
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Ranting at it's best,

I can't tell you how many times I have met someone with the same game as me, but on a different system.

Seriously, PSN requires internet, so does XBL, so does your PC to play online games.

Why not make them "All come together"?!

EX: I have Naruto for XBox Live, friend has it for PSN, we both can still battle each other evem though its on different systems. WHY? Because internet is internet.

I know companies are money hungry, but come on. What could go wrong by doing this BESIDES, the companies losing not even 10% of their money?

Thinking about it, more people would buy systems if it did that.

Seriously.

What are your thoughts on this 'oh so lovely rant'?

Bertrum
03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
It would make gaming less of a pain in the ass if there was only one console available, console exclusive games would go away.. However there'd be a major drawback. If there is only one console being developed, then the developers will be lazy, there would be no competition, thus they wouldn't be as innovative, and we'd end up with a crappy console :(

Just my two cents :x

MidNightGaimer
03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Not just doing one/two console type of thing. I mean anything.

Left for Dead online for the PC, XBox, and PS3. All play together, because internet is internet and not everyone is a PC person, or Xbox person. But we still want to play with out friends, ya know?

Rant rant rant, give the people what we want.

Synge
03-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Valve has integrated cross-platform play (PC and Ps3) with Steam. Not sure how many games currently support it, I know Portal 2 does, and I believe I remember reading that the new Counter-Strike will support it.

I doubt any of the consoles will ever support cross-platform. They don't play well with each other.

paecmaker
03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Not just doing one/two console type of thing. I mean anything.

Left for Dead online for the PC, XBox, and PS3. All play together, because internet is internet and not everyone is a PC person, or Xbox person. But we still want to play with out friends, ya know?

Rant rant rant, give the people what we want.

I think Valve tried to do this with CS go, however the difficulties where a bit to much so the scrapped the ability to play against other consoles and pc.

MidNightGaimer
03-11-2012, 06:59 AM
I think Valve tried to do this with CS go, however the difficulties where a bit to much so the scrapped the ability to play against other consoles and pc.

Well, if they attempted then my rant is invald.

HamadaLFC8
03-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I know they're trying to make the new Counter Strike cross platform as well!!! That's gonna be an interesting war haha

Trunks
03-11-2012, 05:56 PM
PC to console on competitive gaming would be unfair. PC players would normally have more FPS during games, giving them a slight advantage. The biggest problem would be Mouse vs Controller during FPS games. So much faster to aim with a mouse than it is with a controller. I don't care what anyone says, mouse has higher sensitivity and precision than a joystick has. If they gave the option for console players to have mouses, then I'd be more for this, but for now. I rather keep online competitive gaming separate from PC and console.

Exentenzed
03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
PC to console on competitive gaming would be unfair. PC players would normally have more FPS during games, giving them a slight advantage. The biggest problem would be Mouse vs Controller during FPS games. So much faster to aim with a mouse than it is with a controller. I don't care what anyone says, mouse has higher sensitivity and precision than a joystick has. If they gave the option for console players to have mouses, then I'd be more for this, but for now. I rather keep online competitive gaming separate from PC and console.

Im gonna have to agree here, it goes both ways aswell, in racing games you can't drive with the same efficiency on PC due to the better throttle and brake control on console controllers.

Mizel
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Cross platform and also platform exclusive games def suck from time to time, especially when your friends have the same game, only on a different console. While I think that just combining all the companies would be sweet, it sort of defeats the purpose of having a business. That’s like saying, lets take every car dealership and make them into one, or every grocery store and turn them into one. Sucks for the consumers, but business competition is what keeps the economy going.

We can always dream though ;)