PDA

View Full Version : 1999 vs. 2012 gaming rumors

thedeparted
04-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Mega64 Video Game, New Consoles HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/new-consoles-mega64/728877)

It's sad that if the rumors come to life we'll basically go into the dark ages of gaming. Could this be a foregone conclusion of the 2nd game crash. Could this be so, that they built up gaming industry to its highest peak ever only to make a million and 1 mistakes to make it crash to earth. Similar to how Sony built the PS empire only to mess All of it up. I know this seems hyperbolic. But man the writing seems like its on the wall for a disaster if things are changed/things are done that should not be done.

Mizel
04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I feel like we're on the verge of entering a dark age in gaming... no where to go with gaming, and yet companies are still making new consoles and stuff...

thedeparted
04-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I feel there is plenty of ways to go but gaming companies need to wake up. This year game highlights are what. 3rd bioshock, another year of COD, another halo, 5th forza, another resident evil. why cant we get a yearly barrage of new franchise to get excited about. Perhaps nex gen will expand on this, like past gens. But I feel this gen has been quite limited in terms of new IP's

Mizel
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Whoa whoa... dont you talk smack on Bioshock LOL :P

But yea, I see what you're saying. People love having their fav series to put out one after another though. As long as thats what people want, thats what theyre going to do.

Hyper_Reality
04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
That clip actually depressed me :( I also feel like the gaming industry is about to drop pretty hard soon. As for companies reusing franchises, I don't mind it to an extent. I love keeping up with the new Halo and COD games, but its also nice when a new franchise starts. Personally, I would like to see a new major gaming company compete with Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony with a surplus of new franchises.

Mizel
04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
A new company would be PRO. I say Sega or Atari making a comback would be awesomeeee :D

XnewxskinX
04-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh my god best video ever!

Anyways, those are just rumors... And am I the only one who remembers the psp go and how horrible it did because lack of physical content (disks, cards, whatever). I refuse to buy a system where I cannot hold a game in my hands and trade it for another game... I know I am not alone...

But it is not likely that this will happen, as it will be an immediate death of that console. My guess is maybe one company (Sony or Microsoft) was trying to coax the other company into thinking this is the way consoles are going. And in turn the console who puts out a system like this will be one less company to deal with.

CraeSC111
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
We require more valve in our future

Hyper_Reality
04-12-2012, 03:59 PM
According to the most recent GameInformer magazine, the PS4 has a 50% chance of not utilizing a cell processor, is not likely to use motion control, and is likely to retain Blu-ray. Microsoft's next Xbox (codenamed Durango) is likely to have 6 times the processing power of the 360, is not likely to remove the disc drive and refuse to play used games, and has a 50% chance of having Blu-ray, is likely to be bundled with a new version of Kinect, and is not likely to have a touchscreen controller. The Wii U is not likely to support multiple controllers, is likely to be more powerful than the current generation's systems, and has a 50% chance of being renamed.

XnewxskinX
04-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah having a blu-ray player will jack the price up $100 and add another hundred for the new Kinect (that I already have and don't use) and that is $200 for 2 things I will NEVER use...

thedeparted
04-12-2012, 11:49 PM
BluRay will not bring up the price that much. BluRay wont be like what it did to early PS3. The BluRay drive will be cost effective. Also what do you propose using then? DVD again? lol go back to ps1 era where ton games have multiple discs?

Hyper_Reality
04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
And yet, Nintendo has still failed to add DVD capabilities to its systems. >:( They need to get with the program!

thedeparted
04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
And yet, Nintendo has still failed to add DVD capabilities to its systems. >:( They need to get with the program!

Welp you'll have to wait some more, Wii U isn't going to have DVD or Blu-Ray

XnewxskinX
04-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I think something like an SD card would be cool. It would eliminate scratched disks.

thedeparted
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
They going to with an alternate physical median. As for scratches. Blu-Ray does really well in that department. I'd rather have my games on a disc format. SD card, if you your card dies you lose your library and gotta re-dl them

XnewxskinX
04-13-2012, 08:47 AM
I am not saying sd card with multiple games but much like the cards they use for the vita or ds those type of game cards. I don't know what exactly they are called. But they are similar to an sd card. But 1 game per card. I just like the space saving aspect of it. You can fit your whole collection in something that could be wallet size...

Anyways, I am excited to hear what actually makes the cut vs what was just a rumor...

thedeparted
04-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Whatever happens I just hope they make games no so linear next gen, increase physics and make the environment of games more interactive.

Mizel
04-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Oh man, I use the hell outta my PS3 for Blu-Ray and streaming. I just bought a new PS3 from my friend too for $60. He fixes them and resells them. AND its a backwards compatible one. Awwww yea :D

XnewxskinX
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't have a ps3 but if I ever got one I would want a bc one... I bought a blu-ray player for about $50 2 years ago, so I have no need for another one... Besides we don't ever buy movies anymore... I have a ps2 though and about 6 games... Man there was some good games for that system, maybe I should look around gamestop for more before they get rid of them!