PDA

View Full Version : Game Glitches

Hyper_Reality
04-11-2012, 08:19 PM
The other day, I dusted off an old PS2 I had not played for a while, Sly 2: Band of Thieves. For anyone not familiar with the game, you have several missions to complete in each level. Most commonly, you have to accomplish roughly around 3 missions in any order you choose to unlock the next 3 missions and so on. I sat down and started playing for a little over an hour. At one point in the game, I had to return to a building which I had recently completed a mission in to unlock a hidden move. After retrieving the hidden move and leaving the building, I realized that all of the progress I had made since I completed the mission in that building (about 45 minutes to an hour) disappeared! I had to replay every mission whose data was erased! I'm guessing this glitch was caused just by the age of the disc. It was, after all, the first game I owned for the PS2. Anyways, that influenced me to make a thread dedicated to game glitches and any stories which might accompany them! Feel free to discuss any type of glitches you have come across in classic or modern games!

paecmaker
04-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Well ArmA 2 is full of glitches, for example most vehicles(mostly tanks though)

They drive pretty good and looks realistic but the moment they touch a stone or a rock they start jumping around and flying like there were no gravity at all, :P

In Stalker I had a crash bug in one part witch made the game impossible to finish, I had gotten like two thirds into the game when it happened. :(

Hyper_Reality
04-12-2012, 05:15 AM
You have to hate crash bugs. One time, I was playing the Hobbit for GameCube somewhere near the end of the game and I was in some room when water started to fill it up. I found a boulder and thought I was supposed to block the water's source with it, but when I moved it on top of the water's source, I figured out you were supposed to use the boulder to reach a ledge on the other side of the room. I tried to move the boulder again, but it was stuck! Unfortunately for me, I had saved my game after moving the boulder on top of the water source. I had to play the entire game all over again from the start.

Mizel
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Def Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis.... most creepy fkn glitch ever! You talk to Watson and turn and walk away and everytime you turn around, he's right freaking behind you O_o

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPQoDNa6GM

paecmaker
04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Def Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis.... most creepy fkn glitch ever! You talk to Watson and turn and walk away and everytime you turn around, he's right freaking behind you O_o

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPQoDNa6GM

damn, a whole game of the most scary thing in many games :p

(guys showing up behind you)

Mizel
04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Exactly! lol Creeps me out every time I see it :P

Hyper_Reality
04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Lol if some guy appeared behind me every time I looked around, I'd be like ":shocked: I finally have a friend!!!! :cheesy:"

Mizel
04-13-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL Imagine that IRL. EVERY time you turn around, BAM! someones there xD

paecmaker
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
LOL Imagine that IRL. EVERY time you turn around, BAM! someones there xD

Huh, reminds me of a little cousin of mine :p he follows me everywhere.

Mizel
04-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Awwww that's actually adorable :P

paecmaker
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Awwww that's actually adorable :P

maybe for the first seconds, then it just gets annoying. And if I want to talk with the adults he just tore at me trying to drag me away, my room always look like a mess(even more) when he goes home :/

Hyper_Reality
04-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Lol Speaking about people following you reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

Dear Ashley,

Please stop following me. You have no clue how to defend yourself, you cannot jump from a 2-foot ledge without assistance, you are using up all of my green herbs, and you often make me have to restart from checkpoints.

Sincerely, Leon

Mizel
04-15-2012, 01:05 PM
maybe for the first seconds, then it just gets annoying. And if I want to talk with the adults he just tore at me trying to drag me away, my room always look like a mess(even more) when he goes home :/

I had 3 little cousins who the exact same wayyyyy. Got really annoying, but now that they're older and don't do it anymore, I kind of miss it :P

Lol Speaking about people following you reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

Dear Ashley,

Please stop following me. You have no clue how to defend yourself, you cannot jump from a 2-foot ledge without assistance, you are using up all of my green herbs, and you often make me have to restart from checkpoints.

Sincerely, Leon

Luuulz Oh crappy computer played chars, how I loathe you xD

Hyper_Reality
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
At least Ashley isn't as bad as the computer-controlled players in the L4D games. >:( Stop using med packs on me immediately after I use my pain pills!

Mizel
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Woooorst lol

Gamesona
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Isn't there a really good cracked article about the greatest glitches in games, my favourite it in one game there are zombie cars... I think its one of the grand theft autos.

paecmaker
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Isn't there a really good cracked article about the greatest glitches in games, my favourite it in one game there are zombie cars... I think its one of the grand theft autos.

Yeah GTA san andreas, I have seen the vid :p, another funny one is the dead space that the character gets totally severed but still lives(aka you can walk around and play like normal with both legs torn off and more)

TheGateKeeper
06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Not sure if this counts as a glitch, but check out the Hot Cofee mod for GTA San Andreas Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Coffee_mod)

FearTheSpork
06-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Best glitch I've ever had was in Skyrim. There was a random dragon just flying into the side of one of the many mountains, making noise and breathing fire. Lydia and I stood and stared for ages in random disbelief until we put it out of it's misery and killed it (well I did. Lydia mainly attacked the bottom of the cliff and got in the way).

The other glitch is in My Saints Row 3 game. Every time I load, my character is either butt naked or bald. Sometimes both. Don't get me wrong, I'll play the game with him naked and bald, it's just unnerving to think what the elderly ladies see when I'm running down the street towards them... Tackling people and finishing moves also become extra hilarious.

gamermini
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
bioshock and bioshock two. i have had so many times that after I kill a splicer they keep moving, like twitching. in bioshock though they tended to wave so i figure maybe it was programmed for a few to do that. obviously i used telekineses and threw them somewhere i couldnt see them. creepy as hell.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Best glitch I've ever had was in Skyrim. There was a random dragon just flying into the side of one of the many mountains, making noise and breathing fire. Lydia and I stood and stared for ages in random disbelief until we put it out of it's misery and killed it (well I did. Lydia mainly attacked the bottom of the cliff and got in the way).

The other glitch is in My Saints Row 3 game. Every time I load, my character is either butt naked or bald. Sometimes both. Don't get me wrong, I'll play the game with him naked and bald, it's just unnerving to think what the elderly ladies see when I'm running down the street towards them... Tackling people and finishing moves also become extra hilarious.

hahahaha the saints row one made me laugh

Mordry
06-29-2012, 04:42 AM
As long as people understand that bugs aren't glitches. :D

I have a good one for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylH_ruJ57KY#t=0m28s

I tried it out myself, it's not fake.

gamermini
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
As long as people understand that bugs aren't glitches. :D

I have a good one for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylH_ruJ57KY#t=0m28s

I tried it out myself, it's not fake.

what is the difference actually? and by the way that signature caught me off guard hahaha

Tails
07-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I was playing GTA SA on my 360 one day and i went into the transfender with my car. So im customizing my car and i realized i was chaning my radio stations so then i pressed accelerate and the car moved and i was like OMG and it was awesome. I wish i had taken a video of it but luckly someone already did in another car and posted in on youtube.

Dess
07-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Found a glitch in Skyrim today... Had to follow Gulum-Ei... Went to follow him out of the tavern thing and he disappeared... Apparently it happens a lot.

Mordry
07-05-2012, 05:43 AM
what is the difference actually? and by the way that signature caught me off guard hahaha

The difference is:
Bugs are heavy errors that are influencing the game and shouldn't appear during a normal playthrough.
Glitches are errors too but they are "hidden" within a working game.

The best example is the first release Version of Gothic 3, full of bugs (crashes, people don't appear and so on, heavy issues) but that Mario Video I posted is a glitch (a hidden error you don't necessarily encounter within a good working game where you almost have no errors at all). At least that is for me personally the difference.

Tails
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Heres the video of the GTA SA glitch. Sorry for posting twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kcmHWA8Fw4

TheMakavelian
09-12-2012, 03:22 AM
I've just started playing the Assassins Creed games in the last couple of months and I was playing Brotherhood when i was running on a roof trying to catch a thief.. He jumped down to the street and I jumped off to follow him and landed next to him but couldn't move. Whilst this thief was running off and escaping Ezio was just there now floating in mid-air SLOWLY rising and rising. A couple of minutes later Ezio was higher than any building, higher than you could actually go in the game and could see the whole of Rome. It was MENTAL