PDA

View Full Version : New Catwoman Costume

Mizel
04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Have a Good Look at Catwoman's Mask and Ass | I Watch Stuff (http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/04/have-a-good-look-at-catwomans-mask-and-a.php)

*vomits* First of all... Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, is a horrid choice to being with. But the costume?? Retarded... I mean seriously. You know what's really sexy, and totally reminds me of a cat? Scales. Yea, scales. -__-

LemonRising
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
How.... meh.

:\

Mizel
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Agreed. The ears and scaley texture is... just, ugh.

But a gun... I mean seriously, a gun??!! D:<

ROFLBRYCE
04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
It's not that I don't like it. It looks really traditional when you compare it to the comics, and older Batman movies.

.....however, this is the dark, gritty, sunken world of the Dark Knight, and the costume doesn't match that mood at all D:

Mizel
04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
It is *sort* of old school looking in the way that its got the seperate ears and the one piece suit.... but that texture and the gun... blech. It totally reminds me of what Catwomen's outfit would look like if she joined the Army or something lol

However.... I do have the urge to grab Anne Hathaway's arse in it O_o

ROFLBRYCE
04-12-2012, 02:03 PM
It is *sort* of old school looking in the way that its got the seperate ears and the one piece suit.... but that texture and the gun... blech. It totally reminds me of what Catwomen's outfit would look like if she joined the Army or something lol
Even the texture kinda adds to it, it reminds me of the Clooney movie with Poison Ivy. The gun does look out of place though I agree...kitty should have claws!

However.... I do have the urge to grab Anne Hathaway's arse in it O_o
I have a feeling we'd be good friends irl xD

Mizel
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Hahaha :P

I can't help it. I *loved* Tim Burton/Michele Pfieffer's Catwomen. No other will be as good as her to me :P

CraeSC111
04-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I think they could've done way better. And chosen someone with nicer ass-ets

Hyper_Reality
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Her costume looks like a giant wrap of fish skin and the eye mask looks like a dead butterfly. Ewwwwwwwwwww

Synge
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Huh, looks like I'm alone here, but aside from the ears I don't think it looks bad at all. I don't think that's a very good picture and I expect (if it doesn't get revised) that it'll look much better in the film.

Kenoi
04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
so plain like the bagels they sell at 'bob's bagels' down the street from my house.... hahah.

really though, its not so great.

vepanator
04-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm in love with the new costume! It goes back to the 60's tv-showy look (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1EDafL1qUqg/S9XfDGRQ02I/AAAAAAAAJlY/xv76Oj0U85I/s400/newmar_catwoman-030.jpg), which I love! And Anne Hathaway is a Beautiful, why is that a Horrid choice? I hated Halley Berry AND Michelle Pfeiffer as a Catwoman! What the hell was it with those stripes going all over the suit?.. Well perhaps its a matter of taste.

And the gun? Well Catwoman does have, and she uses a gun, so why not to include it into a movie? The whip is seen more often, but she _does_ use a gun every now and then. I assume that the movie (as the earlier Dark Knight movies) is going to be darker than the comics and the series, so going with the gun is... it just sits there better. Some of the posters included the whip too, so don't be alarmed just because in this one promo pic there is only the gun.

And sence it's 2012, going hi-tech with the costume is expected. With a little googling, you get pics of Hathaway wearing a full catlike suit, with the hood and all. Forget the fish-like texture of the suit like some of you said, I'm going to be rly pissed of if they messed up with Catwomans personality!

In the end, no judging before seeing the whole movie!

CraeSC111
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Maybe catwoman is the only smart one for actually using a gun :p

Mizel
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
The costume isn't totally horrid... I def don't like the snakeskin material though. And the glasses/ears just don't look right, I dunno how to explain it. If they'd have made them look like the old school TV show, it would better. The rest I don't mind.

I dunno, I just dont like Anne Hathawy for the part. Honestly, I just can't stand her face LOL Her mouth is half the size of her head and her eyebrows are the other half *shudders* But I mean, judging by all the movies she's done, I don't think this is a good role for her. She's better in a comedy then a dark brooding serious movie. But, better then Halle Barre, by faaaar though lol

And Catwomen *rarely* uses a gun... in fact, I can't think of more then a few isntances where she's ever had one.... That's like taking Spiderman and instead of having him shoot webs, they decide eff this. Let's just give him a rifle! Doesn't work >.>

However, all that aside. I am a comic fan and a movie fan. And being both, I know that the movies never match the comics 100%. And a lot of the times, I actually really like the movies anyways, unlike most hardcore comic fans lol So I'm not going to pre-judge the movie until I see it. And the first 2 were decent, so I expect this one to be decent as well.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

IForget the fish-like texture of the suit like some of you said, I'm going to be rly pissed of if they messed up with Catwomans personality!

Ugh, do yourself a favor then and don't read the comics LOL The new 52's.... omg, omg... omg how they messed up her personality is just... sad. I read the first 2 issues and couldm't bear to read any more :(

paecmaker
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Mizel;323442
And Catwomen *rarely* uses a gun... in fact, I can't think of more then a few isntances where she's ever had one.... That's like taking Spiderman and instead of having him shoot webs, they decide eff this. Let's just give him a rifle! Doesn't work >.>

[/QUOTE]

Or make batman look like some sort of commando, oh wait, already done that

http://nukethefridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/BatmanBeginsFirstSuitBrighter.jpg

jk,
well ANYTHING is better than the catwoman movie(you know whitch) and I would rather want to wait for a better picture cause this looks a bit lowres before complaining. But yeah the cat ears looks a bit strange :p

Mizel
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
We'll need to come back to this thread after it's out lol

Muffincat
04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Well, I'm willing to wait and see how the movie turns out. I was skeptical at some of the casting choices before the other movies came out, but they ended up surprising me, so I'm willing to see how she does in the role. Michele Pfieffer's Catwoman was my favorite, too, and I'm not really a huge Anne Hathaway fan, but I am interested in how she'll do. I remember thinking that Heath Ledger was a ridiculous choice for the Joker, but look how that turned out :P

Anyway, it's hard to judge based on a couple pictures. We'll just have to see what happens when the movie comes out :) And, personally, I think she does look pretty smokin' in that outfit, actually...

Mizel
04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Michele Pfieffer's Catwoman was my favorite, too, and I'm not really a huge Anne Hathaway fan, but I am interested in how she'll do. I remember thinking that Heath Ledger was a ridiculous choice for the Joker, but look how that turned out :P

Very true! I didn't think he'd compare to Nicholsons Joker (which I loved, but I dont think others did), but he did a fantastic job. Im excited to see how she does :)

Muffincat
04-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I hope she doesn't ruin it because Catwoman is one of my favorite Batman characters... so I'm just going to try and go in with no expectations (or as little as I can muster) :)

Trunks
04-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Speaking from a males perspective, not enough skin.

She is supposed to be a seductive character anyway, I personally don't think they portrayed it that well as far as looks go.

vepanator
04-15-2012, 02:35 AM
And Catwomen *rarely* uses a gun... in fact, I can't think of more then a few isntances where she's ever had one....
Like you said, rarely, but she has a gun. Why not to use it.

She is supposed to be a seductive character anyway, I personally don't think they portrayed it that well as far as looks go.
Aaannnddd somehow I get the signal that a seductive woman to you is just boobs and bottoms? Would you perfer if the Catwoman wore only bikini? Or just paint over the K18 spots? After all, she IS wearing a skin-tight suit. Isn't that sexy enough?

I know that the movies never match the comics 100%
This is somewhat hard for me to keep in my head, it's quite stupid from me to expect the 100% same from the movie than what it was int he books/comics. Even small changes makes me flip and yell THIS IS A RAPE.

I'm constantly reminding myself that these Dark Knight movies are Hard Core Serious, the ones with Nicholson and Carrey and who ever starred those 90's films (and ofc the 60's series) were way more humorous.
Like we saw at the Dark Knight movie from the 2008, they changed the plot a bit, specially Dent's change to Two-Face (from what it was originally) etcetc. I'm expecting this movie to be serious, dark and violent, with guns and all. As long as they don't mess too much with the plot this time. That Dent scene made me walk out from the movie theater.

I'm going to be rly pissed of if they messed up with Catwomans personality!
I'd be more than happy to see Catwoman as she is in my head, a clothes-on-seductive, Know-What-She-Wants-And-Knows-How-To-Get-It - woman.