PDA

View Full Version : Fml

EpsilonX
04-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Spring break was last week, and on Monday I have a 10 am class. But I was still on spring break sleep schedule: bed at 4:30 am, wake up at 2 PM. So naturally, I was extremely tired...and I had a headache since I'm trying to give up pop. So I took an advil and fell asleep at 7:30...and slept until almost 1 AM. Now i'm not tired at all, and I have class at 11:30. It wouldn't be that big of a problem...if I had time

XnewxskinX
04-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Giving up pop is super hard... Wait whoa... You said pop and not soda... You originally from Michigan? LOL Anyways a caffine headache is the worst! I just drank tons of water and the headache was constant for about a week straight after that I was okay. Good luck.

Mizel
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Oh god. I hear the pop and it makes me shudder >_< lol

Why are you giving it up? Its so tasty and awesome :P

ROFLBRYCE
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Spring break was last week, and on Monday I have a 10 am class. But I was still on spring break sleep schedule: bed at 4:30 am, wake up at 2 PM. So naturally, I was extremely tired...and I had a headache since I'm trying to give up pop. So I took an advil and fell asleep at 7:30...and slept until almost 1 AM. Now i'm not tired at all, and I have class at 11:30. It wouldn't be that big of a problem...if I had time
Sucks man, I know how you feel. I get 3 or 4 days off in a row and I get in that pattern, lol. Giving up pop isn't bad, I find it's easier to limit it. I went through a 12 pack in 1-3 days. I cut back to a 12 pack for the week, then a 6 pack for the week, then a can every 2 days. Powdered iced tea (Sweet tea I think you guys call it down there?) helps a lot too with the sugar, then moving to water is cake.

Giving up pop is super hard... Wait whoa... You said pop and not soda... You originally from Michigan? LOL Anyways a caffine headache is the worst! I just drank tons of water and the headache was constant for about a week straight after that I was okay. Good luck.
Is it weird to say pop instead of soda? I've never heard anyone really call it soda lol.

CraeSC111
04-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I've never heard anyone call it pop. I drink soda all the time. I hate when I get withdrawal headaches

XnewxskinX
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Is it weird to say pop instead of soda? I've never heard anyone really call it soda lol.

If you live in the states... My Massachusetts friends would sincerely get mad at me for saying pop... I used to live in Texas (for like a year) and they called everything coke in some restaurants... I guess thank god I do drink the brand coke...

I stopped drinking normal coke and now drink coke zero. I dropped 5 lbs within the first week... Still has caffeine though, but I don't drink coffee so I need that to keep me awake... Eventually I will stop drinking pop altogether, I hope.

Trunks
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I thought giving up pop was pretty easy, I did it for new years, lasted 2 months and was at a friends house with nothing to drink so I grabbed one. That's about the only time I drink them now, maybe one once a week or so.

Synge
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I never had a problem quitting soda either. I drink Sprite on occasion (still, no caffine) but otherwise I haven't had one in 10 years.

And trying to fix screwed up sleep schedules sucks.

CraeSC111
04-17-2012, 07:21 PM
My sleep schedule is always screwed up so I never seem to have problems

EpsilonX
04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm from western New York, so people say pop here. But anyways, I gave up pop because I was saying I don't do drugs and people were like YOU DRINK SO MUCH POP CAFFEINE IS A DRUG THATS LIKE REALLY ADDICTIVE LAWL. So I was like it has caffeine but its just pop lol so i just won't drink it anymore watch. and I haven't had any in like 3 days. I had a headache the first day but I just took a nap and have felt fine since.

Trunks
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm from western New York, so people say pop here. But anyways, I gave up pop because I was saying I don't do drugs and people were like YOU DRINK SO MUCH POP CAFFEINE IS A DRUG THATS LIKE REALLY ADDICTIVE LAWL. So I was like it has caffeine but its just pop lol so i just won't drink it anymore watch. and I haven't had any in like 3 days. I had a headache the first day but I just took a nap and have felt fine since.

lol that's a really crappy reason ti stop drinking pop imo. If you're going with the whole don't do drug things then I'm assuming you don't take Advil or aspirins because those are all drugs too. Potassium is also considered a drug so no more fruits or vegetables or milk. I'm assuming you're meaning just curtain drugs, so even if it was just caffeine you're still limited away from things. Anything thing with chocolate in it has caffeine, so no chocolate milk, chocolate pudding or candy bars and yes even dark chocolate has caffeine. That also limits you down to decaffeinated tea or coffee if you drink those. uhh, obviously no engery drinks or anything. Hmm I think that's it, so you're limited too decaffeinated beverages, white milk, juice and water. Along with nothing chocolate, good luck sir.

LemonRising
04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Caffeine is such a weird thing because the more you drink, the less effective it is, but as soon as you stop drinking it, headaches and withdrawal galore.

egg-whites333
04-18-2012, 10:58 PM
this pop soda reminds me of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EsYiNA76Q
funny but every Canadian knows you cant get a dozen of timbits

EpsilonX
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
lol that's a really crappy reason ti stop drinking pop imo. If you're going with the whole don't do drug things then I'm assuming you don't take Advil or aspirins because those are all drugs too. Potassium is also considered a drug so no more fruits or vegetables or milk. I'm assuming you're meaning just curtain drugs, so even if it was just caffeine you're still limited away from things. Anything thing with chocolate in it has caffeine, so no chocolate milk, chocolate pudding or candy bars and yes even dark chocolate has caffeine. That also limits you down to decaffeinated tea or coffee if you drink those. uhh, obviously no engery drinks or anything. Hmm I think that's it, so you're limited too decaffeinated beverages, white milk, juice and water. Along with nothing chocolate, good luck sir.

I try to avoid it as much as I can but sometimes you just can't.

CraeSC111
04-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Try sleeping at night instead of drinking soda. I heard that works.

EpsilonX
04-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I couldnt sleep at night because i took a 5 hour nap. did you even read what i posted?

ROFLBRYCE
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I try to avoid it as much as I can but sometimes you just can't.
It's a good treat now and then, and there's so little caffeine it doesn't give you a boost but you feel crappy without it. You definitely feel better without it.

I couldnt sleep at night because i took a 5 hour nap. did you even read what i posted?
Reading means taking more time to post which means lower post count! You should understand this by now.

LemonRising
04-19-2012, 01:27 PM
But dat post count

Trunks
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Does anyone else think that he seems more grumpy without his caffeine

egg-whites333
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
this is true :P

Mizel
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM

Haha I was thinking that xD

LemonRising
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I would disagree haha

EpsilonX
04-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm grumpier when people post dumb things

CraeSC111
04-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Was messing with you. I'm a night owl myself. Exercise is a fairly good way to keep yourself awake. When I go to the gym I usually have a better day