PDA

View Full Version : Retro Games

Trunks
04-19-2012, 03:37 PM
I've been getting into Retro games recently and I'm looking for some good titles that are fun to play. Anything for Cocleco, Atari 2600, NES, SNES and Genesis will do. Still need to pick up a Sega Master system. I have a few of the common known games, Sonic, Mario, Earthworm Jim. I'm looking for Zelda and Final Fantasy, but haven't found one for cheap, I could go to ebay, but I enjoy finding them at flea markets for 3 dollars instead of 13 on ebay. But yeah, anyone know any good ones?

Synge
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
As far as FF and Zelda go, definitely try to snag Final Fantasy VI (III) and A Link to the Past. Chrono Trigger is another great must-play RPG (considered to be the best by a lot of people). Also, the DK Country games if you somehow missed them as a kid.

Edit: If you have a Wii, you can find all the games I mention on Virtual Console.

Trunks
04-19-2012, 06:55 PM
As far as FF and Zelda go, definitely try to snag Final Fantasy VI (III) and A Link to the Past. Chrono Trigger is another great must-play RPG (considered to be the best by a lot of people). Also, the DK Country games if you somehow missed them as a kid.

Yeah like I said, have been looking for Zelda and Final Fantasy. I actually have 1 and 2 for the PS1, have never played three though. I only remember sega growing up and glimpses of a NES, never owned a SNES and only played one a few times at a cousins house. I'll check Chrono Trigger out, heard the name I've never seen the gameplay, Same with DK country. Actually the only Donkey Kong I played is the Coclecovision version which I believe is like the NES version of Donkey Kong. Anyway, I'll definitely take a look into those two, thanks.

thedeparted
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
the jackal nes
monster truck rally nes
aerobiz snes
mutant league football genesis
mutant league hockey genesis
fzero snes
zombies at my neighbors snes

Atrix
04-21-2012, 06:00 PM
I cant belive that i was playing firt Prince of Persia on my new comp. dint even know that it will start that old ****. Amazing that before we always wanted better graphic and today we get that nostalgic feeling and saying...damn, those were the days, when we played Doom 1, Wolfstain and even TETRIS. oh god. Kinda shame to admit that i spent hours and hours playing that stupid blocks.

I guess that is way we love Minecraft soo much. It reminds us on good old days of pixelnes.

thedeparted
04-21-2012, 10:18 PM
This shop i went to today for the first time was a mine of retro games, all the way back to Atari. Didn't really look at any except ps1, where I picked up Tenchu 2 for 3.99+tax. Amazon lowest copy was something like 7.99, so I saved 8 dollars :)

BobTD
04-22-2012, 01:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growl_(video_game)

Best part of my childhood was beating this.

Trunks
04-22-2012, 08:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growl_(video_game)

Best part of my childhood was beating this.

Beat ups make me mad lol, cut throat island pisses me off a lot, double dragon is the only one I can bare. I'll take a look at some gameplay though.

the jackal nes
monster truck rally nes
aerobiz snes
mutant league football genesis
mutant league hockey genesis
fzero snes
zombies at my neighbors snes

I'll check out some gameplay of these, I actually remember zomies ate my neihbors definitely getting that one. Not so sure about Racing and Sports games though.

Side scrollers are what I'm into right now. I want Zelda 2 so bad because of it, never played it before and it's almost all side scroller.

thedeparted
04-22-2012, 12:08 PM
The create a track feature in Monster Truck Rally was so awesome.

CraeSC111
04-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Any of the ninja gaiden games?

Trunks
04-29-2012, 11:39 AM
I plan on getting them, right now my NES collection is really small. I found ninja gaiden II and I for over 10 bucks each. If I find them for 3 or 4 I'll pick them up, but I'm not going to pay top dollar.

earthyearth
05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
monster truck rally is fun