PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls Online

Akatosh
05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Zenimax is starting to turn into a Activision, they have just announced, via Gameinformer, that they will producing an Elder Scrolls Online. Despite that Bethesda will have no involvement in the development, I still feel this will ultimately effect Elder Scrolls 6 and ruin my experience.

Discuss

June Cover Revealed: The Elder Scrolls Online - Features - www.GameInformer.com (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/03/june-cover-revealed-the-elder-scrolls-online.aspx)

thedeparted
05-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I seen on neogaf it's been in development since like 2007, pretty crazy. Not really sure how I feel about this though.

Mordry
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
It will fail because of several reasons, I don't have to say much more.^^

CraeSC111
05-04-2012, 10:08 PM
No Bethesda = no elder scrolls. Bethesda made that game great

thedeparted
05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
If it's not priced right, it will definitely fail.

paecmaker
05-05-2012, 05:28 PM
From what Ive read its the studios first MMO, I am also pretty divided about this. On one hand having a mmo featuring all of the realm would be pretty awesom, even more if they manage to keep the feeling.

The bad part is that the explorer feeling will probably vanish when thousands of other players join you. And it will probably be just another wow clone.

Also I AM SICK OF EVERYTHING TURNING INTO MMOs, I WANT SINGLEPLAYER GAMES, (yes bioware I am looking at you, I want a knights of the old republic 3).

thedeparted
05-05-2012, 06:18 PM
The thing with MMO's they can get you to give them monthly and for a couple years if they hit it. With sp player games the peak sales are pretty much month 1 to 3 after release then hardly any sales and the sales they do get 4 months after release are not much and likely to be price cut. I think thats why they keep trying to get into MMO

paecmaker
05-05-2012, 07:05 PM
The thing with MMO's they can get you to give them monthly and for a couple years if they hit it. With sp player games the peak sales are pretty much month 1 to 3 after release then hardly any sales and the sales they do get 4 months after release are not much and likely to be price cut. I think thats why they keep trying to get into MMO

Thats probably it, MMOs and Free 2 play kind of games.

thedeparted
05-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah Maple Story even though f2p has made its parent company a load of money. hundreds of millions. iirc 1.2 billion in fact

CraeSC111
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
I myself would prefer a really fun SP game as well. When I have no internet I have nothing to do

earthyearth
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I dont usually play MMOs, but this one sounds like one I'll enjoy playing

a1i3n0ct0pu5
05-16-2012, 12:54 AM
this is bad. im not gonna see the sun for weeks when this comes out. i dont care if everyone thinks it will suck, im keeping my hope up

xLykos
05-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Is this for computer or is it going to be on console too? I've heard things about it but never really read up on it

Jayhmmz
05-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Before I go on, I will state that I am very excited to see how this game turns out. However, I am getting quite bored of MMO games now, they feel like such a grind! I'd like EOS, when it eventually comes out, to make me feel more involved in the game, instead of it being a run-of-the-mill MMO.

Anyone feeling the same way?

*goes back and hides amongst Diablo III loveliness*

paecmaker
05-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Before I go on, I will state that I am very excited to see how this game turns out. However, I am getting quite bored of MMO games now, they feel like such a grind! I'd like EOS, when it eventually comes out, to make me feel more involved in the game, instead of it being a run-of-the-mill MMO.

Anyone feeling the same way?

*goes back and hides amongst Diablo III loveliness*

I feel exactly the same way, looks like almost every game today (to pc) is just MMOs, a bit boring.

a1i3n0ct0pu5
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
with bethesda goes the fun. zenimax is gonna ruin the series with the online crap. as much as i have always wanted elder scrolls online, i only wanted it by bethesda

codex
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah i think they should just make elder scrolls 6. But just add multiplayer to it so people could play together.

Jayhmmz
05-25-2012, 05:13 AM
It wouldn't necessarily have to be an MMO either. I would be more than happy with an ES6, as Codex said, but if it had co-op gameplay then that would be enough.

thedeparted
05-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Yeah i think they should just make elder scrolls 6. But just add multiplayer to it so people could play together.

MP doesnt need to be added to SP games just for the sake of people playing together. That has been a real annoying staple of this generation. whiny gamers avoiding sp games that are good just because they cant play with their dudebros

CraeSC111
05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
As I believe I said before I would much prefer more single player games. I don't always have the internet. And I'd rather they not be like Diablo 3...

Jayhmmz
05-26-2012, 05:47 AM
As I believe I said before I would much prefer more single player games. I don't always have the internet. And I'd rather they not be like Diablo 3...

Well if it was a game were you had the choice to play solo or with others, they should give you the option to stay offline to play solo, or go online to play with others, instead of having to log-in outright. I hate it so much. Sometimes I just want to play Diablo III on my own, and it's annoying when I get lag-spikes because of the servers. Also, you're restricted to where you can play the game, which is crap. I want to play it on the train and stuff, not just at home.

TheGateKeeper
05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't think it will turn out to be a good game, simply because of the fact that the Elder Scrolls games are known for their storyline, and we all know how "deep" the storyline in MMORPG is.

Just my 2c.

Echo
05-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I have that issue of GameInformer. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game yet, so maybe I'll read up on it.

thedeparted
05-26-2012, 10:30 PM
I have that issue of GameInformer. I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game yet, so maybe I'll read up on it.

Get on that!

JiggleMyCucumber
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
The Elder Scrolls is by no means a multiplayer experience. What made everybody love the series was the immersive single player story, where YOU were the only hero. With Online, you won't be the only hero, and quests won't be the same.

FearTheSpork
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
As much as I want to have the entire Elder Scrolls world available to me (and you have no idea how MUCH I want it...) I just don't like the idea of other players getting their Multiplayer grime all over my once perfect Single Player experience. Hopefully they will introduce some kind of feature that lets you play solo for a while. I just want the entire world at my disposal...