PDA

View Full Version : Computers make zero sense

Trunks
05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
rant:

Okay, so my computer was acting up, it was making an annoying beeping noise after 5 minutes of being powered on. I was hoping something just came unplugged, because I take my computer places a lot and could have got bumped somewhere. Made sure all the wires were plugged in all the way and that everything was snapped into the motherboard. Tried it again and beeping noise. So I figured it was the hard drive, oldest part of my computer, that's where it sounded like the noise was coming from too. So I put it in another computer, worked fine. So I then decided it was probably the motherboard, angrily I switched it out, being less than a year old I was upset that it could have possibly broke already. Not having a motherboard with the same socket for the processor as the one I switched out, I also had to switch processors too. Turned it on, and beeping noise. Said F it, took the whole board out, put it in another computer with only a different Power supply. Everything worked fine, through process of elimination it seemed it had to be the power supply. But, just to make sure I put the power supply into another computer to make sure that it didn't work. and what do you know, it worked perfectly. So Now having ruled out the Motherboard (including the video card, Memory and processor), hard drive and power supply I had no clue wth its problem was. I said F it, put everything back the way it was when the beeping noise first started. Turned it on and....... no beeping noise. wtf? I literally changed nothing and it went from not working to working. I'm positive nothing was unplugged, I checked twice before I started changing parts.

So I put two and two together and came to the conclusion that, computers suck.

Mizel
05-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Been there done that man. SUCKS. I did the same thing with my laptop not too long ago. Worst part is, when your done.... and it randomly works again for no reason, that actually pisses me off even more -__-

Trunks
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I know! I'm the same way, after almost 2 hours of messing with it and in the end, nothing was wrong. It's like it's just giving you the middle finger.