PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons & Dragons

EpsilonX
06-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Does anyone here play D&D? I recently just got into it and it's a lot of fun.

Mizel
06-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I love D&D. Newer versions of the game suck though :(

EpsilonX
06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Idk, we've been playing 2nd edition at my friend's house, but my neighbor has 4th edition books so we decided to play 4th edition at his house tonight and I don't see anything wrong with it. It could be because we actually followed the rules a lot closer this time and we used a map...with 2nd edition we were more loose with the rules and everything

Mizel
06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I like all of them up until 4. 4 is still fun, but they took out a lot of reallyyyy awesome mechanics and class/race combos in order to simplify the game. There next version is coming out soon, actually. Apparently because of all the complaints about 4, they put back in some of the awesome stuff they took out. Isn't it awesome though? I love playing. :)

EpsilonX
06-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I like all of them up until 4. 4 is still fun, but they took out a lot of reallyyyy awesome mechanics and class/race combos in order to simplify the game. There next version is coming out soon, actually. Apparently because of all the complaints about 4, they put back in some of the awesome stuff they took out. Isn't it awesome though? I love playing. :)

ah, well i've only played a few times.

And yeah, I heard 5th edition is going to take the good parts of 4 and combine them with the good parts of 3.5...i also hear there's like open playtesting or something online.

Mizel
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
online playtesting? O.o That's crazy and awesome.

TheGateKeeper
06-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Never played the actual board game but I played a lot of faith-full representations like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights

EpsilonX
06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure if I like it better as a board game or just a spoken game. It's kinda cool when you just talk out what you do, leaves more to the imagination. Then again, it seems a bit more legit when you play using a map and figurines

CraeSC111
06-22-2012, 05:25 PM
DnD isn't really a board game. Tons and tons of fun though. I've only played version 2. Haven't had the time/group to do it recently. Thanks for making me miss it a lot!

Mizel
06-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Well, not a 'board game' persay. But you can use pre-drawn maps and figurines and whatnot. It's fun either way ^_^

EpsilonX
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it's designed so you can use maps if you want but you can also play without one