PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I play this game?

Echo
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
I want to play Fallout 3 so bad but I suck so much.
I'm ten minutes in, on the easiest difficulty, no health, no stimpaks, surrounded by super mutants, no ammo, **** guns.
Seriously, this is the second time I've tried playing this game and I just can't do it.
I'm trying to get used to RPG games before I get Skyrim, but this sucks.
(I'm saying anything bad about the game itself just my inability to play it)

Synge
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Are you venturing off to random places? The game suggests you head to Megaton after leaving the vault, you'll get your first string of side quests and continue the main storyline there.

Also, if playing on PC, do you have any mods installed? There's one mod that opens higher level enemies to all areas.

paecmaker
07-18-2012, 11:27 PM
It seems like you are running of of your self and start going into more high level areas directly. Head into megaton and try to level up/get better gear and some quests and Im sure you will do fine.

Also I had massive problems the first time I met super mutants.

CraeSC111
07-20-2012, 02:43 PM
It is a little tough at first before you get any gear. Just remember you can sleep to regain health. Also try to use only the slow motion to shoot. No point in trying to hit them normally

Echo
07-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I've done ALL of this, I swear.
I've done it to where I don't do ANY side quest and head straight for the main quest, and the opposite of that.
I've restarted so many times, I'm so tired of trying to play this game.
I think I'm just going to buy skyrim and try to play it.

ROFLBRYCE
07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I've done ALL of this, I swear.
I've done it to where I don't do ANY side quest and head straight for the main quest, and the opposite of that.
I've restarted so many times, I'm so tired of trying to play this game.
I think I'm just going to buy skyrim and try to play it.

Skyrim is a totally different feel, and I know what you mean man. I'm the same way with Fallout. All I can say is get a weapons perk (I use small weapons like pistols shotguns etc.) and the repair skill. Repair is your best friend. Makes all your guns stronger and armour more resistent. I still spam Stimpaks all the time though :/

CraeSC111
07-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Also pick up EVERYTHING. If you can sell it you will probably need the cash. Those 1 cap items stack up fast