PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight 2

Kenoi
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Anyone play it? I play it offline and completely forgot about its online multi-player capability. Still a newbie, but please send me a PM, hope we can play sometime. I play this game whenever I have free-time just so you know, I'm not on it 24/7. Although I do wish so, its a fun game :D

TheGateKeeper
10-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Don't have it yet but looks good from the videos.

Mizel
10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
I just downloaded this game last week.... have been playing it nonstop ever since lol It's really fun :D Im pretty much on all the time, so msg me if you want to play :}

kyojinalex
10-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Everyone seems to love this game. I'll need to try it out. The vids I've seen of it look pretty good.

Mizel
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
You should. It's a lot of fun ^_^

Kenoi
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
alright, update on this thread.... hmm. hope this could be the official 'torchlight 2' thread.

anyway, I made one of each class, but i'm willing to stick with Beserker class for a while. each time I play it, i'm always lost in the story.
therefore, I start all over again, it feels good, but its an endless cycle. whenever I get back to it, I always forget of what is going on in the game. other than that, I have to play this game all the way through one day.

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
What type of game is this? I've been hunting for good co-op dungeon crawler type games to play with my girlfriend and I keep seeing this game pop up but I know nothing about it. Is this game story driven or is it more MMO style and how is it for 2 people to play together. I recently tried dungeon siege which is a really fun game but the co-op leaves a lot to be desired.

*edit
Oh and does the second one have any story connection to the first one.

Mizel
04-04-2013, 09:23 AM
What type of game is this? I've been hunting for good co-op dungeon crawler type games to play with my girlfriend and I keep seeing this game pop up but I know nothing about it. Is this game story driven or is it more MMO style and how is it for 2 people to play together.

*edit
Oh and does the second one have any story connection to the first one.

This is def what you're looking for then :) My husband and I played this for awhile when we first got it. It's really fun to play with someone else. I'm not sure if the story in the 2nd has anything to do with the fist because I never played the first one. But I enjoyed the game and story regardless of not having played the first.

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Awesome, thanks. I see steam has a demo so I'll be trying that out this weekend I am sure. Looks like the first one doesn't have multiplayer either. Games like that are so few and far between. She's only really discovered that she likes video games within the last year and this seems to be her preference so any other games of this nature that you know of I am interested in. Age of game doesn't much matter.

Kenoi
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm sure you will enjoy this game man if you give it a try. I believe its on sale on steam for $10

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Yea it is. I'm installing the demo today to try it and if we like it we'll get the full game. From what I'm seeing it looks pretty good.

Mizel
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Awesome, thanks. I see steam has a demo so I'll be trying that out this weekend I am sure. Looks like the first one doesn't have multiplayer either. Games like that are so few and far between. She's only really discovered that she likes video games within the last year and this seems to be her preference so any other games of this nature that you know of I am interested in. Age of game doesn't much matter.

What about Diablo 2? (I say 2 and not 3 because I prefer 2. But 3 is also what you're looking for) Magicka is also a really good one as well.

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll check them out. Actually been considering diablo 1 haha. I thought diablo 1 and 2 were more MMO type games? Would definitely consider if not. Never heard of Magicka but will check it out. Thanks.

Mizel
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I'll check them out. Actually been considering diablo 1 haha. I thought diablo 1 and 2 were more MMO type games? Would definitely consider if not. Never heard of Magicka but will check it out. Thanks.

The first Diablo is fun too :P Diablo 1 and 2 aren't MMO's, they're just MP. You could play with JUST your gf and yourself if that's what you want. My hubby and I always just play together. Magicka is reallyyyy cool, but I think if your gf just started playing video games she might not like it. You make all of your own spells and spell combinations. It's a lot of fun :D

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Ha, yea Magicka may be better down the road. Eventually I'll get her playing the more complex stuff.

Kenoi
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
thats great to hear man. what did you think of torchlight 2 though? You gave it a shot?

Ziek88
04-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Just gave it a quick try. Must say it's pretty awesome. We'll definitely be upgrading from the demo.

Kenoi
04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
sure hope that you & your girl will enjoy this game, I'm still in the middle of it. haha

NESchiq
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
I tried playing it a bit, but I had a lot of trouble following the story. Also the graphics leave something to be desired, everything seems so soft and washed-out. If I could find a way to up the contrast it would be a lot more playable.

Ziek88
04-10-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm noticing it isnt' the most complex of dungeon crawlers but that's awesome for introducing new people the the game type. In my opinion it seems perfect for beginners to learn the concepts on and it's fun enough to keep interest. It's a gateway game haha.

Kenoi
04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Exactly, thank you! I'm still a beginner at these types of games.
my friends wanted me to get into diablo 3 with them, but I just couldn't do it, since my internet connection's just... 'fair'.
I'm just glad that this game has an offline mode.

Mizel
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Ugh, the whole "always online" thing still annoys me lol At least D2 isn't that way! :P

Kenoi
04-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Ugh, the whole "always online" thing still annoys me lol At least D2 isn't that way! :P

yeah, Diablo 2 was the one I liked, my friends didn't want to go back to it anymore, so I gave it all up. all that hard earned stuff...

its okay though, I started all over again in this game. I play it sometimes now. when are we going to play!? haha
we got to set up a time to play. feel free to let me know

sanistasia
04-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I liked it a lot better than D3, that's for sure. The graphics didn't bother me at all and it's absolutely awesome as a gateway game.

Kenoi
04-13-2013, 09:14 PM
thats great to know, so far, what is your favorite class to use?

Chesterfields
04-26-2013, 08:14 PM
I've played T2 a bit, but personally I think Magicka is way better. Unfortunately I beat it and ran out of expansions.

~pronto:p~
04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Yea, it's not a complex game but it's still fun. If you're new to this kind of game, T2 is fairly easy to get used to. I mean, the game is laid-back and you get to destroy stuff, despite its graphics and relative simplicity.

Kenoi
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
well, everyone has their own opinions....
thats exactly why I chose this game, very laid-back, so many quests. I could get back to this game whenever and still have the same fun

~pronto:p~
05-02-2013, 08:32 PM
You still play that often, Kenoi?