PDA

View Full Version : This.. Is.. Serious..

Braeden
10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Obama cannot win and be president again!!!

thedeparted
10-26-2012, 08:30 PM
You want romney to be president?

egg-whites333
10-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm Canadian so I don't follow american politics very much but Romney seems like a pretty bad president, then again i have not heard the greatest thing about Obama but the most amount of politics I hear is ads paid by tax payers to promote Obama.

paecmaker
10-27-2012, 01:43 AM
IMO Obama isnt the best president USA have had, far from it. However I think he is still ten times better than Romney.

EpsilonX
10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
All of the complaints i've heard about Obama are more or less "he didn't completely fix every problem the US has in 4 years so he sucks" Of course he didn't, things take time to change. From what I can tell, Romney just seems confused and doesn't quite have a plan other than to point out everything wrong with Obama. I'm not voting, but i'm leaning towards Obama.

LemonRising
10-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Obama is the lesser of two evils.
So.. yeah he can.

thedeparted
10-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Man i hate my hometown, bunch of redneck republicans

ROFLBRYCE
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Obama is the lesser of two evils.
So.. yeah he can.

Seems it's like either

1. Slowly add some jobs, have socialized healthcare, up the taxes for the upper members of society.

2. Add tons of jobs that'll run out in 5 years, get rid of socialized healthcare/other programs, remove the rights of gay people, and lower taxes for everyone.

I'd rather have the first one. But then again, I'm not following this thing too much and could have some stuff mixed up.

Trunks
10-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't really think there is a quick fix to the economy. No matter the plan, it's not going to happen over night.

Mizel
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't really think there is a quick fix to the economy. No matter the plan, it's not going to happen over night.
I agree. That's why I loved when people say that Obama "hasn't done anything." Those people are just morons that have no concept of how long it takes to just get simple policies put into place and changed to begin with. He's only been in office for 4 years... and 4 years isn't long enough to fix EVERYTHING (especially after coming in after Bush's mess).

Kenoi
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
just a couple days ago, a group pressured me to vote against obama for $20. I didn't do it, but I found it ridiculous.

Jaykub
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't post bull**** in the *serious news* forum.

EpsilonX
10-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I agree. That's why I loved when people say that Obama "hasn't done anything." Those people are just morons that have no concept of how long it takes to just get simple policies put into place and changed to begin with. He's only been in office for 4 years... and 4 years isn't long enough to fix EVERYTHING (especially after coming in after Bush's mess).

Finally, people that get it. People are like vote for Romney because Obama hasn't changed anything! Well yeah, he hasn't had enough time and if you vote for Romney, he won't have enough time to change anything either. But look at what each candidate -wants- to do. Voting for Romney seems like a much worse idea.

Trunks
10-29-2012, 04:26 PM
I thought when you become president for the first time, the first two years you really can't do much. I thought they had something set up, so the new president can see how everything works before he has all the authority a president normally has. I could be wrong, but I thought I learned that in government class.

EpsilonX
10-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I thought when you become president for the first time, the first two years you really can't do much. I thought they had something set up, so the new president can see how everything works before he has all the authority a president normally has. I could be wrong, but I thought I learned that in government class.

2 years seems a bit ridiculous...there might be a small amount of time but what's the point of electing a new President if he can't do anything for half of his term? But really, why do you think Presidents always seem to run for re-election? Cuz they don't have enough time to get anything done in 1 term

ROFLBRYCE
10-29-2012, 06:15 PM

I thought it was like a few months or something? They're elected in November but don't actually take hold of office until February/March, to get moved into the thing kinda slowly.

But really, why do you think Presidents always seem to run for re-election? They don't have enough time to get anything done in 1 term
Sometimes I wish that the old rules were still around. I dunno if the USA had them, but in Canada you used to be able to hold office as long as you kept getting voted in. Or maybe it was down there I can't remember :/ I just remember someone being in office for 4 or 5 terms, something crazy like that and doing wonders for the country.

LiNuX
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
R-Money is also thinking of cutting FEMA. Because that's really gonna help. Sure they messed up during Katrina but I don't understand the logic behind getting rid of an agency dedicated to handling emergencies.

just a couple days ago, a group pressured me to vote against obama for $20. I didn't do it, but I found it ridiculous.

You should have taken it and offered each of them $1 to vote for Obama.

Sometimes I wish that the old rules were still around. I dunno if the USA had them, but in Canada you used to be able to hold office as long as you kept getting voted in. Or maybe it was down there I can't remember :/ I just remember someone being in office for 4 or 5 terms, something crazy like that and doing wonders for the country.

They put the limit of 2 terms after FDR. He served for 4 terms. City Mayors also have limits, in NYC it used to be 2 terms but Bloomberg had it expanded. I think the limit is 2-3 for governors and none for Senate and Congresspeople.

It's all very confusing. I'm glad they have limits though, otherwise this wonderful country may still have George Bush as President.

thedeparted
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Should of taken the money and just said you did lol, they cant prove one way or another. Just like companies trying to force/scare employees into voting towards Romney. Just say you did then vote how you'd like

Kenoi
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM
naw man, $20 is just $20, I work to make more than that. haha, besides, I dont know who to vote for

paecmaker
10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
They put the limit of 2 terms after FDR. He served for 4 terms. City Mayors also have limits, in NYC it used to be 2 terms but Bloomberg had it expanded. I think the limit is 2-3 for governors and none for Senate and Congresspeople.

It's all very confusing. I'm glad they have limits though, otherwise this wonderful country may still have George Bush as President.

There is no such limit here, and the "prime minister" that has been the longest time here was that for over 20 years(23 years to be exact) :p

thedeparted
10-30-2012, 06:14 PM
naw man, $20 is just $20, I work to make more than that. haha, besides, I dont know who to vote for

Gary Johnson or Ron Paul!

egg-whites333
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
wait there's more then 2!!!!1 holy shiz i need to get more into politics.

thedeparted
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
wait there's more then 2!!!!1 holy shiz i need to get more into politics.

There are like 20 minor parties, Republican/Democrat are the only ones that have a legit chance at winning though

Trunks
10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
You can literally write any name you want in. My brother wrote in Donald Duck last election. sadly enough, he didn't win.

egg-whites333
10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
so if you can write any name down could jaykub possibly win? *shivers of the thought of jaykub running usa*

Mizel
11-01-2012, 07:57 AM
There is no such limit here, and the "prime minister" that has been the longest time here was that for over 20 years(23 years to be exact) :p

Sometimes I wish we had that here... and sometimes I don't :P For example... if Bush was still president, the US would probably have been nuked by now. However, some presidents like Clinton were fkn amazing and could have done SO much more for this country with more just 2 terms.

Mizel
11-01-2012, 08:01 AM

That's exactly right. It takes about 2 years just to get old policies revoked and new ones put into motion. Both because these things take time (as we all know, anything having to do with government policies takes *forever*) and then there's the fact that some things you just *can not* change the second your put into office. I see it like this... it pisses me off that people can be on welfare/UE for years and not even try to look for jobs. But say is Obama would be put into office, and that day he decided to cut off welfare/UE from people that "didn't need it"... there would be mass fkn chaos. I don't get what people don't get about that... it's not a hard concept to understand.

paecmaker
11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
There are like 20 minor parties, Republican/Democrat are the only ones that have a legit chance at winning though

Yeah, its like that here to, two major parties(blocks) and several small. I always vote for the santa party, they are working for the santas rigth in the society :p

thedeparted
11-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Just remembered this topic.. teehee

egg-whites333
11-08-2012, 10:22 PM
haha this guy is prob pissed.

thedeparted
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
so if you can write any name down could jaykub possibly win? *shivers of the thought of jaykub running usa*

If jaykub won, he wouldnt be allowed to accept as he's not over 35

W1CKEDTW1STED
11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
It was definitely an interesting race. One thing I found interesting about a lot of my friends, they voted Obama, but voted Scott Brown for senate. Seemed like a catch 22 if you ask me. I am happy with the outcome. I'm not a die hard democrat, but believe in their visions and beliefs. I think Obama is really going to turn things around (I hope).

The one depressing thing about elections of any type is it really brings out the evil in some people. I could not believe some peoples Facebook posts about Obama and/or Romney. Some people just go off the deep end and piss every one off.

But that's just my $0.02. Let's stick together and hope that this economy turns around. :)

Synge
11-13-2012, 06:52 PM

Nope, 2 Years would be crazy. Prezzies get busy from the get-go. Never heard of 'the first hundred days?'

Trunks
11-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Nope, 2 Years would be crazy. Prezzies get busy from the get-go. Never heard of 'the first hundred days?'

As mizel said though, when a president first comes into office, he probably doesn't have the same views as the one before him. It takes time for old polices to get revoked, the president can't just walk into office and after 100 days or w/e, decide he wants to just throw everything in the trash and start over.

paecmaker
11-14-2012, 01:46 AM
As mizel said though, when a president first comes into office, he probably doesn't have the same views as the one before him. It takes time for old polices to get revoked, the president can't just walk into office and after 100 days or w/e, decide he wants to just throw everything in the trash and start over.

Even less when the republicans have a majority in the congress(I think

Mizel
11-14-2012, 09:14 AM

Yupp, exactly. I'm sure the Pres would *love* if they could just go in and decide to change everything immediately lol But unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Synge
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I never said that it doesn't take time to pass new legislation, or that it isn't difficult with all the checks and balances.

He thought that a president didn't have full presidential authority until after 2 years in office, which just ins't true..

Trunks
11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I never said that it doesn't take time to pass new legislation, or that it isn't difficult with all the checks and balances.

He thought that a president didn't have full presidential authority until after 2 years in office, which just ins't true..

I just remembered hearing something about 2 years at all, but the incorrect information was already resolved by mizel about 2 weeks ago lol. Thanks though.