PDA

View Full Version : Help Me What impact have video games had on history?

thehonest76
11-11-2012, 03:10 AM
I have to do a research paper for my English class, but before I delve into the world of video gaming, I was wondering if video games have actually been around long enough to have a profound impact on history. (Emphasis on the "history" part) I can think of a million ways they have impacted society and the economy, but I really can't think of any way they have had a historical impact yet. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

RyansVGR
11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
They didn't carve the panama canal or anything, but gaming has had an incredible impact on things like the SOPA and PIPA bill being overturned, held advertisements for Obama's presidential campaign, and are constantly at the forfront of new technologies and design principles.

Try looking up SOPA and PIPA first, then look up the violent video game scandal.

iridefitco
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
ummm i think metal gear solid impacted my life in a way, i was a younger lad when i played metal gear solid for psone, and well it made me intrested in the military, well i mean obviously my experience in the military wont be close to the video games perspective of in infiltartive spy, but it inspried me to become a marine, and only july 28 i leave for basic XD.

Rei00
12-11-2012, 05:57 AM
I agree about SOPA and PIPA but I will that is more about internet in general, not gaming per se.

Trunks
12-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I don't video games had a huge effective on anything as a whole except maybe boosting the economy. Because even though we are heading toward or coming out of a depression, Black Ops 2 still sold 6.5 million copies in 24 hours. I think video games have a more personal effect on people more than anything.