PDA

View Full Version : Help Me skyrim archery not working

trevyneleven
11-22-2012, 05:07 PM
:(i play skyrim on pc and everytime i drawback a bow, the game freezes! ive let it sit for an hour one time, and it never unfroze. The sond of the games still goes on but the graphics freese! ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it keeps happening! i have all the updates exept for Hearthfire, and none of them had a fix!

Somebody please tell me how to fix this

Slay
11-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I Googled your problem and couldn't find anything, so here's some suggestions.

For one, drawing the bow increases motion blur, and the point of focus, which can make a huge FPS drop on some slower PCs.
So, make sure the graphics are on the lowest possible settings, and put all the renders about 1/4 of the way across the scale.
Also, turn V-Sync off, it can make the difference.

Is it a bow from a mod? Or are any mods installed? I would suggest uninstalling any mods then trying to use a bow again.

Other than that, I've not a clue as to what can be causing your problem.

trevyneleven
12-06-2012, 01:24 PM
ill try sound like that should work. :) thank you for the tips, you are a true BRO in my book!

BobTD
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
if you are playing the game on steam it might be a workshop addon. I had a bug that did something similar whenever Fos Ro Dah was used caused by "realistic thunder".

I alot of times if its a bug resulting from a consistent singular event, then its a mod that did not do its own coding and tried to skate by using pre programmed triggers.