PDA

View Full Version : quick question about steam!

Kenoi
12-22-2012, 02:30 AM
hey everyone, just a quick question:

anyone know when is the next steam sale??? I sure hope to get another game for under $10! haha
I got that mark of the ninja while it was 'cyber monday'. good deal! :cheesy:

CraeSC111
12-22-2012, 02:44 AM
You could always check out the Humble Bundle (http://www.humblebundle.com/). They usually have some good games on there, it goes to charity and you can choose how much you pay. Right now it looks like they are having a holiday sale. New items go on sale every day. You can see them on the featured items tab in the steam store

Mizel
12-28-2012, 07:49 AM
It's going on right now! Just bought 5 games last night... Dammmittttt LOL It will last until Jan 5th I believe :)

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

You could always check out the Humble Bundle (http://www.humblebundle.com/). They usually have some good games on there, it goes to charity and you can choose how much you pay. Right now it looks like they are having a holiday sale. New items go on sale every day. You can see them on the featured items tab in the steam store

Ugh, I don't like the Humble Bundle games. They're normally all indie puzzle games that take 20 minutes to beat :/

Ziek88
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
L.A. Noire with all DLC for $7.49? So very tempting. Woot (http://www.woot.com) has been posting daily steam sale advertisements as well as other gaming stuff mixed in with the many deals on there.

Kenoi
12-28-2012, 11:19 PM
yeah I saw quite a few good games on sale! so tempting!!! but i'm planning on going back to school next semester. gotta buy books, tuition & all that jazz...

LiNuX
12-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I still haven't gotten the current bundle because the only game I actually want is Dungeon Defenders.

@Kenoi - I'm going back as well, that's the reason I haven't spent much on games in the past few years, just something here and there.

Kenoi
12-29-2012, 12:19 PM
@linux: yeah man.. i've been very 'choosy' this year. only picked up a few games, thats about it. only big thing I picked up was far cry 3. although I am new to the series, the game itself is okay.

LiNuX
12-29-2012, 12:24 PM
I purchased Assassin's Creed Revelations...was pumped up to play it, never installed it.

I wanted to purchase Battlefield 3 but EA's origin didn't make it easy for me on the Demo so I never bothered.

The only game that I knew was worth it and that I played a lot was Counter Strike GO this past summer, I haven't played it in the past couple of months due to classes but it was my best purchase this year, only $12.50 when it came out.

Although Portal 2 came out in early 2011, I bought it last Christmas and played a lot the first half of 2012.

nephilim
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Origin is a nightmare with steam purchased games.

As for humblebundle, they have done some cracking deals in their time!

And the next sale is allegedly going to be on valentines day.