PDA

View Full Version : New, upgraded computer!

ROFLBRYCE
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Finally upgraded my crappy $400 Best Buy rig. Put a little more money that I wanted to into it, but I'm happy. No more LoL on lowest settings! No more freezing when fullscreening a YouTube video! I get to actually play the games I have on my Steam account now!!!!

PSU: 650W Power Supply (Up from 400W)
RAM: 8GB (Up from 4GB)
GPU: Radeon HD 6670 2GB (Up from Intel Integrated)
Motherboard: ASUS F2A55-M/CSM (Up from crappy Intel motherboard)
Processor: AMD A6-5400K (Up from Intel I-3)
Harddrive: 1TB Sata-II (From old computer)[/td]

This thing FLIES compared to the old setup. Now I'm just waiting for all my games to download, I only get around 200kb/s downspeed where I'm at, the bane of my existence living in a small town.

Mizel
01-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Woooooo, greats- that's awesome! :) I love the feeling of playing a game for the first time on an upgraded computer ^_^

thedeparted
01-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I wish I had money to build a desktop. I'd play games on it and surf internet on this cheap acer laptop

LiNuX
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Nice upgrade. Glad to see you went to AMD :)

ROFLBRYCE
01-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Woooooo, greats- that's awesome! :) I love the feeling of playing a game for the first time on an upgraded computer ^_^
Yeah it's pretty friggin great. Still waiting for LoL to finish updating so I can try it out lol

I wish I had money to build a desktop. I'd play games on it and surf internet on this cheap acer laptop
Just buy it piece by piece! I've just been scraping every penny and limited myself to spending so much on parts, it took a little while but I finally got this badboy together.

thedeparted
01-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah but im currently without a job :P and If i didnt live the way I did I'd already be homeless or living with my parents(basically 1 level above homeless). So i'll just have to wait and envy you computer builders till I have a better job

ROFLBRYCE
01-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Nice upgrade. Glad to see you went to AMD :)
Woops you posted as I replied! Yeah I was told AMD works out a little better for desktops, so decided to try it. Everything's running perfect at the moment, lovin this rig.

Yeah but im currently without a job :P and If i didnt live the way I did I'd already be homeless or living with my parents(basically 1 level above homeless). So i'll just have to wait and envy you computer builders till I have a better job

Ouch bro. Well here's hoping things turn up for you, and you get that dream rig to game on!

thedeparted
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah then I can play games with you guys

Synge
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
"No more freezing when fullscreening a YouTube video!"

I laughed. Congrats, man!

We need to get a thread going for all us PC gamers and jump into some multiplayer games together.