PDA

View Full Version : Discovering Forums through my Internship

MotoGurl
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Hello all,

I recently started an internship at a tech company and as part of it, I am getting the word out about a new game that has been developed. I am new to forums and am enjoying all the game information and community on many of them. I look forward to getting to know you all on here. Any advice to help with my internship is greatly appreciated!

:-)
MotoGurl

LiNuX
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
That sounds like a cool internship. The only internship I ever did restricted you to view only certain important websites.

Welcome to Gamers Forum Motogurl. Hope to see you around!

Jaykub
01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the forum

egg-whites333
01-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a fun time.

thedeparted
01-24-2013, 08:22 AM
I like how we're welcoming a person who just spammed in 10 topics. Great direction this site has taken guys.

MotoGurl
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you, LiNux! Yes, it is a really cool internship actually. Not at all what I expected but I am learning a lot and enjoying it so much. Glad to have found you all.

That sounds like a cool internship. The only internship I ever did restricted you to view only certain important websites.

Welcome to Gamers Forum Motogurl. Hope to see you around!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Thank you, Jaykub!

Welcome to the forum

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Thanks egg-whites333! I hope you do, too. :)

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have a fun time.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

What are you talking about?

I like how we're welcoming a person who just spammed in 10 topics. Great direction this site has taken guys.

egg-whites333
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM

Well to be fair she is new and most new people start like that, her posts were not very quality, but she is new so give her a chance, my posts were not very great when i first started, however if she posts something like buy this game that my internship people are making then I would not be giving such a warm welcome.

Trunks
01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forums!!

She didn't really spam, it was all on topic and added to the conversations. You have to give new members a chance, can't scare them all away or we'll never get any to stay lol.

LemonRising
01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Hi Motogurl! Where is your internship, if it's alright to ask?

If it was spam then I've seen much worse lol At least it's all coherent sentences and an actual person typing them.

foof
01-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum.

MotoGurl
02-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Hello LemonRising!

My internship is actually at a start-up in Arkansas. It's not somewhere you would have heard of I am sure. I see that you are in Canada! That is where I dream to be! Are you in a city there or the rural area? I have been doing a ton of research on Canada, seeking out the best place to land. ;)

Hi Motogurl! Where is your internship, if it's alright to ask?

If it was spam then I've seen much worse lol At least it's all coherent sentences and an actual person typing them.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Thank you, foof! Glad to be here.

Welcome to Gamers-Forum.

egg-whites333
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Go to Muskoka Ontario It has the best of both worlds.

LemonRising
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Well I'm in the suburbs. Pretty expensive living where I am but it's nice (: Right outside Toronto too!

egg-whites333
02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Yuck! smog central :p , Muskoka is the way to go.

MotoGurl
02-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the tips on my Canadian dream. I will check into both areas. I am still undecided and where I may end up is largely determined by whether or not I get a job and/or pursue a master's degree there. The funny thing is, I have been looking into Canadian universities and found their MBA programs to be offering the same courses I have already taken for my Bachelor's degree and the cost is about $40,000/year. Not sure that going that route would make much sense, however, I am sure I would be more likely to land a good career having an education there. It's all so complicated to figure out what to do. ::-)