PDA

View Full Version : Question about my PC resetting randomly

xLykos
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I was having some trouble with my new computer resetting randomly when I played League of Legends. It hasn't reset for awhile and I also haven't played LoL for awhile but it hasn't reset when I play any other games. I've contacted the company and they don't know what it could be. Which brings me to the question that I don't have answer to and was hoping someone could answer for me: could a faulty game download cause my computer to reset randomly?

CraeSC111
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Does your new computer have windows 8. And be sure to check if it is windows update making it restart. I've had people get stumped by that before. :p

xLykos
02-05-2013, 06:40 PM
No and no, try harder

CraeSC111
02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Then how is your computer's temperature looking? If it gets too hot it will restart on you. If you don't know there are programs that will show you how hot your comp is getting

thedeparted
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah could your computer be hitting the temp where it auto shut offs?

xLykos
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
No I've checked it manually and with the programs and it's fine. The only thing it could've been is something wrong with the hardware but it doesn't make sense that it only does it when I'm playing LoL

CraeSC111
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Possibly something wrong with the coding.

Anyway to get more information on why your computer crashed:
Bring up your start menu
Right click on "my computer"
Select "properties"
Go to the "advanced" tab
Click on "setup and recovery"
Disable automatic restart

That should bring up the Blue Screen of Death when your computer crashes. My guess is it is an incompatibility between the game and your hardware and you'll need to wait for the devs to fix it. If it started happening after you downloaded a patch then I would say its a sure thing

Also of course check the usual culprit of outdated drivers :p

xLykos
02-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Lol it's not a coding error.. And I tried all that already and no blue screen shows it just resets. And also all my drivers are already up to date.

CraeSC111
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Well try:

Rechecking the temperatures. That still sounds like the main culprit

Cleaning your computer up. Use a registry cleaner. Ccleaner is my favorite: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Check for viruses. If you don't have an antivirus you can pick up AVG or Windows Defender for free.

Don't overclock your processor. If your overclocking is unstable it can cause crashes.

Repair your LoL installation or download and install it again.

Only other things I can think of are faulty hardware and faulty software. If none if the above works I can look into hardware testing for you.

xLykos
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
It's not the temperature. I have liquid coolent and 6 fans. It's also brand new so the registry doesn't need cleaned. I also have no viruses and it's not over clocked, its on factory default settings

CraeSC111
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
You will still want to download a registry cleaner and run it regularly. Really helps (not related to your problem as of right now)

Further research into computer crashes points towards your power supply unit or hardware.

This program will test out some of your hardware:
http://www.ocbase.com

You might also want to check for an update for your bios but I doubt it'll help much. If you don't know how to update here's an article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/187437/how_to_update_your_bios.html

Also could you give me your computer specs so I can look up more specific information?