PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Themed Bar & Resturant

Mizel
05-13-2013, 12:01 PM
EXP, A Video Game Themed Bar & Restaurant (Plus Menu) | Geekologie (http://geekologie.com/2013/05/exp-a-video-game-themed-bar-and-restaura.php)

This place looks awesome!

I immediately though of Lemon and ROFL :P Do you either of you guys live anywhere near Vancouver?

ROFLBRYCE
05-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm in BC, but I'm a good 12-16 hour drive away D: I think Lemon's over in Ontario lol. I've seen this bar pop up lots, I really wanna go to Vancouver one day so I can go there D:

After checking out the menu though, I'm thinking I'm gonna be picking up the mix for their Red Dead Lemonade..

Mizel
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Awwwwww I was hoping one of you would be close enough to check it out and bring us back a report! lol Unfortunately, I'm also on the wrong side of the states otherwise I'd make a day trip out of it :P

I love the names of some of the items. "assassins cheese" fries xD

paecmaker
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Looks actually pretty neat, to bad I dont know anything similar here(except for barcraft) :(

Mizel
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
We don't have any kind of themed restaurants around here :/

ROFLBRYCE
05-13-2013, 12:53 PM
We don't have any kind of themed restaurants around here :/

I feel your pain. I think Vancouver or Edmonton are the closest places to me with themed restaurants, neither is close to a day trip xD

I'm semi-half-assedly planning a roadtrip down south in the next year or so though...maybe I'll take a detour to the big city and hit this place up.

Mizel
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM
I feel your pain. I think Vancouver or Edmonton are the closest places to me with themed restaurants, neither is close to a day trip xD

I'm semi-half-assedly planning a roadtrip down south in the next year or so though...maybe I'll take a detour to the big city and hit this place up.

You should! :)

The only thing close to themed we have are "Western" steakhouses. They make me want to stab myself in the eyeballs with hot salty french fries though :D

Ziek88
05-13-2013, 01:20 PM
I'll have one W-Magic Thundara linked with a quadra magic please and thank you.

XxTOOLxX
05-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Wow that place is freakin cool. I will be going out to tokyo in about a half year, so I'll have to bring back some souvenirs, and pictures. =) They won't have this particular place there, but sure they will have something similar. It does make me want to leave right now though =(.

Well I just found something similar in the states, but apparently I'm not allowed to put up links... In any case look up the GTSouth Geek and Gaming tavern in Montgomery, Alabama.

Mizel
05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Tokyo? D: What for if you don't mind me asking?

Ziek88
05-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow that place is freakin cool. I will be going out to tokyo in about a half year, so I'll have to bring back some souvenirs, and pictures. =) They won't have this particular place there, but sure they will have something similar. It does make me want to leave right now though =(.

Well I just found something similar in the states, but apparently I'm not allowed to put up links... In any case look up the GTSouth Geek and Gaming tavern in Montgomery, Alabama.

If I remember correctly you start being able to post links after a certain small number of posts and I feel like there was a time period. Linux has it posted somewhere. Either way, you'll be good to go soon I'm sure.

In the mean time, I've got your back.
GTSouth Geek & Gaming Tavern (http://www.gtsouth.com/)

I have some friends who live about 1.5 hours from there. If I ever go visit, I may have to make the extra drive.

XxTOOLxX
05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Tokyo? D: What for if you don't mind me asking?

Is there a single reason you can think of not to??? lol... Nah I'll be leaving to go there mainly to see the many great sites and places there, and of course get me some souvenirs, plus a have a pretty close friend that moved there as some sort of student exchange thing, and he's done with school, but he lives there now, and works as a programmer. I haven't seen him in forever, so idk if I'd say it's more to see him, or more to see the capitol of eastern gaming, and anime. In any case I'm pretty psyched.

Mizel
05-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Oh, just as vacation. I wasn't sure if you in the military or were going over there for a job or something. That's awesome. My friend was in the Marines and stationed there and loved it :)

XxTOOLxX
05-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Oh, just as vacation. I wasn't sure if you in the military or were going over there for a job or something. That's awesome. My friend was in the Marines and stationed there and loved it :)

Actually funny you mention that lol. I'll actually be able to go there because of the marines. When I'm done with bootcamp, I'll get some small vacation time. Won't be there because of my duty, but I will be there because of my duty lol. I probably won't get much vacation time after that though so I plan to enjoy it as much as I can. =) I won't be leaving for bootcamp in about half a year though so I won't get to go there for about 7 months or something close to that. =(

Mizel
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Pffffft, my friend was stationed there the whole time and never did anything except play WoW LOL I wish you the best of luck :)

XxTOOLxX
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Pffffft, my friend was stationed there the whole time and never did anything except play WoW LOL I wish you the best of luck :)

Thanks! =) For some reason I highly doubt presidential support will be headed out to Tokyo often =(. I will be getting some amazing vacation time, and a nice paycheck though so when I do get to go I'll have enough to have me some fun. =)... I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and bring back plenty of amazing souvenirs lol... Idk how your friend could have just played WoW considering where he was... There is so much to do there.

Mizel
05-15-2013, 08:56 AM
From what I heard, they weren't allowed to go out of a certain zone... something like 3 blocks around the depot where they were stationed. Apparently the laws there are VERY strict and you get caught doing even the smallest stupid thing, you're going to get thrown into a Japanese prison. And trust me, you don't want that lol

XxTOOLxX
05-15-2013, 04:31 PM
From what I heard, they weren't allowed to go out of a certain zone... something like 3 blocks around the depot where they were stationed. Apparently the laws there are VERY strict and you get caught doing even the smallest stupid thing, you're going to get thrown into a Japanese prison. And trust me, you don't want that lol

0.0... Agreed! lol... The reason he couldn't go very far though is most likely because he was stationed there though you know?... People from here travel to Akihabara all the time with no problems though (other than stupid tourist that would go to jail if they did stuff like that in any country lol). In any case I'll make sure to mind my manners there, which is something I can almost never promise. lol

thedeparted
05-19-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm in BC, but I'm a good 12-16 hour drive away D: I think Lemon's over in Ontario lol. I've seen this bar pop up lots, I really wanna go to Vancouver one day so I can go there D:

After checking out the menu though, I'm thinking I'm gonna be picking up the mix for their Red Dead Lemonade..

Yeah she lives in the burbs of Toronto

Gamer Research
06-18-2013, 10:01 PM
SO Awesome....

TheForbiddenPlanet
10-21-2013, 11:45 AM
I want to go there so bad.