PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy Online

Ziek88
12-03-2013, 06:49 PM
So I was checking up on an old MMO that I used to play and it turns out it might be worth keeping track of again. It's pretty old and despirately needs a facelift. Well apparently that facelift finally actually exists. If you want a pretty deep MMO that is free check it out. Remember, it's old. Not sure when the new engine is actually getting released. It's in closed BETA testing right now but it looks like any account you have can be carried over to the new engine when they do it.

Trunks
12-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I gave this game a try back when I was like 12 or 13, probably played it for like 20 minutes. The only thing I actually remember about it is that it's a future space type MMO. Though I could be wrong, this was awhile ago, I've tried too many different MMO's (mostly for 20 minutes.)

Ziek88
12-04-2013, 07:00 AM
You would be correct on the future space type. It's pretty complicated but I rather like that. It's just unfortunately severely outdated so an engine upgrade is something it desperately needs.

Imperial_Kade
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Hmm not really into 3rd person mmo unless I have a good bit of friends playing but my nice computer just got f&@?! up and I e sent it to 2 pc places and they can't fix it :( so I switched out hard drives to a crap emachine and ended up freshly installing win7 so I need a game that's easy to run its easy to run right?

Ziek88
12-04-2013, 10:44 AM
It's easy to run but it's got some glitchyness which is part of the facelift. The facelift hasn't been fully released yet. Still in closed beta.

Imperial_Kade
12-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Ok we'll may be I should meet up in the game (if I play) with some of y'all

BobTD
01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
I remember playing this a for a while. It did a lot of things right from what I remember, but it even looked terrible at the time I played it, like ten years ago or something wow.

I am interested in seeing what this will look like with a gfx update.