PDA

View Full Version : Last Movie You Saw

Mizel
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Ummmm.... hope no one minds that I necro bump this. Would be nice to talk about movies we've seen and see what everyone recommends :)

I saw Burke & Hare recently. Was a really good Simon Pegg movie. I recommend it!

Also saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for the first time ever... meh... I've just gotta say that I'm glad they don't make movies like the used to. The singing. So much singing >.>

Trunks
12-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I moved you post into a new thread, starting a new thread is always better than bumping old ones.

Wish I could comment on those movies, but I've actually never even heard of them lol.
The last movie I watched was Gravity. Pretty odd, would be really boring if you weren't interested in space.

xLykos
12-20-2013, 02:37 PM
The most recent movie I've seen is The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Mizel
12-23-2013, 11:16 AM
I moved you post into a new thread, starting a new thread is always better than bumping old ones.

Wish I could comment on those movies, but I've actually never even heard of them lol.
The last movie I watched was Gravity. Pretty odd, would be really boring if you weren't interested in space.

Works for me, thanks! :)

That's what I heard about Gravity... not sure I should even attempt to watch it.

I'm going to see that on Xmas. I am excited. How is it? I heard it's good, but too drawn out?

BobTD
12-23-2013, 01:15 PM

I saw it as well, it was pretty good. Just for fun: all three Lotr books together are 1137 pages, an average of 379 pages per movie in small print. Return of the king as a single volume in larger print can fill 1168 pages. The kindle version has 1036 on default size text. So roughly 1000 kindle pages per book.

The hobbit is 322 kindle pages. Thats 107.3 pages per movie. So they are working with 1/10th available material for this trilogy.

Also I watched Dredd the other night, it was despite the over the top violence pretty good. It felt like the comics and the setting was very believable.

xLykos
12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm going to see that on Xmas. I am excited. How is it? I heard it's good, but too drawn out?

I didn't think it seemed drawn out. I thought the first one seemed a lot longer but I think that was because I had to pee the entire time lol

Mizel
12-24-2013, 08:25 AM
I didn't think it seemed drawn out. I thought the first one seemed a lot longer but I think that was because I had to pee the entire time lol

I think I love the book/movies way too much to think that the movie could be drawn out anyways. If nothing else, I'd just be sad that it wasn't longer :P

Ugh, that happens to me all the time!

http://makeameme.org/media/created/thats-my-secret-nzlr2m.jpg

You should download the RunPee app. It tells you when the boring parts of movies are so you can go pee and not miss anything :)

xLykos
12-24-2013, 12:31 PM
But every part of the movie is important! It all advances the plot and develops the characters haha

Trunks
12-24-2013, 12:35 PM
I've read the book for the hobbit and it basically follows it perfectly. Nothing really gets left out and they actually add a few parts to it as well. I didn't feel like anything was drawn out.

LiNuX
12-24-2013, 06:45 PM
The last movie in theaters was The Hunger Games. And on netflix was The Boondocks Saints.

Mizel
12-26-2013, 08:40 AM
I've read the book for the hobbit and it basically follows it perfectly. Nothing really gets left out and they actually add a few parts to it as well. I didn't feel like anything was drawn out.

I figured that would be the case. Can't wait to seeeee it! And I really can't wait to see how they go about introducing Beorn. He is by far my favorite character :)

Saw Anchorman 2 yesterday. It was actually not bad. I heard people say that it was too long and not that funny... Well, at exactly 2 hours it was definitely too long but not to the point where I was like "omg, is it this ever going to end?" And it was pretty funny. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Mizel
03-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Gravity. Looked awesome on my giant 3D TV! haha It was okay, I guess. Visually pretty amazing. But story/excitement-wise.... eh, lacking. I wasn't even intrigued enough to finish it. :/

Currently watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights ^_^

Mizel
04-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Saw Cap 2 yesterday. It was much better than I had expected, maybe even better than the first. I may even be starting to like Captain America... :P

linxisme
04-08-2014, 09:06 PM
The Lego movie and it was soo good

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 03:18 AM
Technically, The Shaggy Dog. My little sister was watching it earlier

Trunks
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Captain America: The Winter Solider.

That movie kind of messed up the story for Agents of SHIELD, will be interesting to see what they do.

ROFLBRYCE
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Anchorman 2!

It wasn't near as good as the first which was kinda disappointing. Still very good though, it felt like noone was out of character at all.

linxisme
04-09-2014, 09:49 AM
I just saw goodwill hunting...1997. I am a little behind but thats ok. Great movie good morals f word every five minutes.

Mizel
04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Anchorman 2!

It wasn't near as good as the first which was kinda disappointing. Still very good though, it felt like noone was out of character at all.

I enjoyed it too, but it was soooooooooooooo long lol

That movie kind of messed up the story for Agents of SHIELD, will be interesting to see what they do.

I was thinking the same thing.

I enjoyed Cap 2 a lot. I thought the action was great. Visuals were great. Movie was fun and entertaining to watch.... but man, the storyline/plot was just plain stupid.

paecmaker
04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Just saw World War Z, truth be told I had hoped it would be more epic with more massive battles and stuff(and not like, 5min in one place, then they leave and then 5 min in another place) heck the most interesting characters had only a few minutes of screen time each.

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Agents of SHIELD is incorporating the events of Cap 2 into their story.

Trunks
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Agents of SHIELD is incorporating the events of Cap 2 into their story.

I just watched the two newest episodes I was missing, and yeah it was perfect. Almost every detail lol, pretty epic, made it a lot more exciting to watch.

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I tried catching up on Agents of SHIELD before seeing Cap 2 but I just don't care enough :\ I made it to the episode where the Chitauri helmet has that disease and that was it. I'll probably get it on dvd or whatever and watch it then

Trunks
04-09-2014, 05:56 PM
To be honest, it's really not that exciting. I don't know if you watch The Arrow on the DC side, but it's way better than Agents of SHIELD. Marvel is good with movies, bad with tv shows, so far anyway. But I highly recommend the Arrow, based off the DC hero Green Arrow, he's a batman type hero. Epic show, one of my favorite that I watch. which is about 10 or 15 different shows.

EpsilonX
04-09-2014, 05:58 PM
I've been thinking about watching Arrow, but I want to watch Agents of SHIELD because of the fact that it's in the MCU Continuity...otherwise, i wouldn't care haha

Kenoi
04-11-2014, 08:47 AM
I recently saw that new Capt. America movie. I didn't understand the secret ending, but now I know cause I asked a few friends who 'they' were. haha (didn't want to spoil for those who didn't see it)

EpsilonX
04-11-2014, 09:28 AM
I can't wait to see how much better the Avengers version of those characters is compared to the Days of Future Past version

linxisme
04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
I just finished the dictator. Very racist..is it politically correct to say funny . Your choice

ROFLBRYCE
04-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Dictator was absolutely hilarious.

"You are HIV Aladeen"

:)

:(

:(

..... :(

paecmaker
04-13-2014, 02:47 PM
lol, loved that part :D

Mizel
04-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Desolation of Smaug, FINALLY. Let me tell you how incredibly excited I was for Beorn's appearance... and how disappointed I am with the way they went about introducing his character :( I'm not one of those people that nitpicks when the movie version of a book comes out and it's different than the story. There is nothing wrong with parts of the story being changed for the movie, it happens. And sometimes even for the better. But that doesn't mean that I wasn't still extremely disappointed with that particular part. Otherwise I was fairly happy with the movie. There were definitely a LOT more differences from the book in the 2nd part of the trilogy than there were in the first, but again, that's to be expected.

One thing I do wish Jackson (and many other writers) would stop doing is adding in completely random and made up love stories (like with Arwen in LotR and Kili in Desolation). It's dumb, it's not necessary and it just results in events of importance being cut out so that they can fit that crap in.

Akuma
04-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I just finished watching Click. It's a really funny movie.

Trunks
04-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Click is decent, better than a lot of other Adam Sandler Movies.

Just watched a horrible movie on netflix. Paintball, it was awful, don't recommend.

Akuma
04-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm watching Black Hawk Down.

Trunks
04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Watched Steve Jobs for the first time, pretty interesting movie. Liked how they showed some older gaming and computer companies even though they didn't mention them. Also didn't know that Windows took some ideas from apple.

Akuma
04-15-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't know what this movie's called but it's chaotic.

North Korea invades the country and a group of people who call themselves the Wolverines fight back. It's a depressing movie. :\

paecmaker
04-17-2014, 02:13 AM
I don't know what this movie's called but it's chaotic.

North Korea invades the country and a group of people who call themselves the Wolverines fight back. It's a depressing movie. :\

Thats red dawn, and its not North Korea invading, its Russia(Soviet) and Cuba. :p

Kenoi
04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
just watched 'the family'. thought it was okay. it was a little bland in the middle of the movie though.

Akuma
04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Thats red dawn, and its not North Korea invading, its Russia(Soviet) and Cuba. :p

I wouldn't know. I watched it starting from the middle.

I just watched My Apocalypse.

paecmaker
04-19-2014, 03:14 PM
[COLOR="#B22222"]I wouldn't know. I watched it starting from the middle.

But then again, there is an Australian movie featuring an asian country(they dont mention which) invading and a bunch of teens start to fight back.(it is pretty new though)

edit: I just noticed, there was a 2012 remake of Red dawn where it were North Koreans that invaded. Sorry about that. :/

Mizel
04-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Snowpiercer. Snowpiercer (2013) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/)

The whole concept is honestly kind of retarded.... but the movie was actually pretty decent.

EpsilonX
04-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Watched the original Godzilla and Dumb and Dumber yesterday

Kenoi
04-29-2014, 09:48 AM
watched 'addams family' the remake from mid-90s

Trunks
04-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Watched the original Godzilla and Dumb and Dumber yesterday

I hope you mean the 54 film and not the crappy 98 one.

EpsilonX
04-29-2014, 01:43 PM
I hope you mean the 54 film and not the crappy 98 one.

Yup lol. Hence "original" :P

paecmaker
04-29-2014, 02:03 PM
Saw the wrath of the titans some days ago, was pretty meh.

Kenoi
04-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Finally watched 'Twister'. I thought it was a good movie.

ROFLBRYCE
04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Got around to re-watching the South Park movie yesterday before I work.

I forgot how amazing it was.

Kenoi
05-03-2014, 08:09 PM
watched 'Get Smart'.
should have just went straight to DVD on this one...

Mizel
05-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Watched all 6 Star Wars movies yesterday. Woo for Star Wars day :)

Trunks
05-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Watched The Amazing Spider Man 2 on Saturday. It was pretty good, I like Andrew Garfield a lot better than Toby McGuire.

Kenoi
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Fair Game. some CIA scandal movie type of thing. watching it felt like a show than a movie. haha

paecmaker
05-06-2014, 02:50 PM
I must see some movie soon, anyone will do. :p

Kenoi
05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Watched 'The Colony'. it felt more like resident evil. a real cheesy one :cheesy:

Mizel
05-27-2014, 09:56 AM
X-Men: Days of Future Past. It was.... actually really good.

paecmaker
05-27-2014, 11:32 AM
I have been pretty surprised by the critical acclaim it got, I wouldnt think it would be that good.

Mizel
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I have been pretty surprised by the critical acclaim it got, I wouldnt think it would be that good.

I didn't think it was going to really be any good either! I mean, X-Men movies are pretty much hit or miss haha But I was impressed :)

EpsilonX
05-30-2014, 10:00 PM
I saw Godzilla awww yeahhh

Trunks
05-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Watched SuperSpeeders

Basically a video of a bunch of rich people driving 100-500k cars 100MPH + on the high way and being idiots. Was pretty entertaining.

ROFLBRYCE
05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Watched the Neighbors last night! Seems like it was movie day for everyone.

Funny as hell, definitely check it out. Zac Effron has gotten a lot better imo, and both him and Seth Rogan were frickin hilarious the whole movie.

Kenoi
06-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Finally watched Godzilla. man. I thought it was great

Mizel
06-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Lost Highway. It was.... really bizarre. But not in a good way? Did not enjoy.

LiNuX
06-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 on Netflix, definitely not as good as the first one, but some of the puns had me cracking up.

Trunks
06-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Watched American Streetball on Netflix. Acting was kind of dumb, was still a decent watch.

EpsilonX
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Saw Edge of Tomorrow. Was pretty cool, if you're thinking about seeing it you should.

Mizel
06-12-2014, 08:47 AM
I watched Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel with Chris O'Dowd last night. It was enjoyable :)

Mizel
06-21-2014, 03:17 PM
The Lego movie. It was awesome :)

EpsilonX
06-22-2014, 02:51 AM
Watched Total Recall with my gf earlier. One of my favorite Schwarzenegger movies

Mizel
06-30-2014, 03:37 PM
A Fantastic Fear of Everything (Simon Pegg)

I actually really enjoyed this movie. I have no idea where all of the bad hype for this movie came from? It got nothing but terrible reviews (and a 30-some % rating on Rotten Tomatoes). I can only assume people watched it having no idea what they were getting into. It's a movie about a guy that is just scared of everything.. It's like seeing life through the eyes of someone with Schizophrenia.

EpsilonX
07-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Got the first 3 X-men movies on blu-ray the other day, so I watched X2: X-men United yesterday. It was enjoyable, but definitely not one of the best comic book movies ever made like people say. At least, not nowadays...but back in 2003 when it came out I could see it.

Trunks
07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Watched the new Transformers Movie, for what it was supposed to be it did well. I could have went for more Optimus Badassness, but still decent action flick.

Mizel
07-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night. Getting prepared to see Dawn tonight :P

ROFLBRYCE
07-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night. Getting prepared to see Dawn tonight :P

Oh god I didn't know this was coming out so soon. I'm so excited for it! Can't wait till it comes to my town in a few weeks!

Mizel
07-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Oh god I didn't know this was coming out so soon. I'm so excited for it! Can't wait till it comes to my town in a few weeks!

I'm so torn because on one hand I just find the entire plot and story of the PotA movies just.... dumb. Really really dumb. Like re watching Rise the whole time I was just like, "Wait.... really???" LOL I mean think about it. The monkey is a friggin genius... and yet it can't figure out that not ALL humans are bad and evil?? C'monnnnnnnnn! haha But I still really enjoy watching them! It's a conundrum :P

ROFLBRYCE
07-17-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm so torn because on one hand I just find the entire plot and story of the PotA movies just.... dumb. Really really dumb. Like re watching Rise the whole time I was just like, "Wait.... really???" LOL I mean think about it. The monkey is a friggin genius... and yet it can't figure out that not ALL humans are bad and evil?? C'monnnnnnnnn! haha But I still really enjoy watching them! It's a conundrum :P

This is how I feel about "Lucy" coming up. "We only use 10% of our brains..." nope. Sorry Morgan Freeman. That's dumb lol. I have a feeling it's gonna be a mindless action flick with some ScarJo flashin a bit of skin. And I'm okay with that. But the "Oh now she can use 20% of her brain and is psychic/magic now herpdep" is bugging me soooo badly.

Watched Amazing Spiderman 2 though yesterday....I thought it was almost better than the first. I love everything about the new movies and having Garfunkle as Spiderman.

Mizel
07-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

It... was.... awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee!

EpsilonX
07-19-2014, 01:58 AM
Just watched Cabin Fever. It wasn't bad, but I didn't particularly enjoy watching it

Trunks
07-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Watched Nitro Circus 3D on netflix because I wanted to try out the 50 inch 3d TV I have.

EpsilonX
07-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Watched The Seven Samurai earlier. Awesome movie, surprisingly accessible for being 3 and a half hours, subtitled, and black & white.

LiNuX
07-21-2014, 08:40 PM
I watched World War Z, not in theaters, it's already on netflix.

Mizel
11-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Interstellar

silverdroger
12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
I too watch Interstellar Yesterday...And now going to watch Exodus gods and kings as it has been already released in my country.

Exodus was interesting...but not that much good it was a single watch movie.. And Interstellar was awesome i would like to give it 9/10 and for exodus 7/10 even though Christian bale is my favorite.

ROFLBRYCE
12-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I too watch Interstellar Yesterday...And now going to watch Exodus gods and kings as it has been already released in my country.

You'll have to chime in on how it is! Welcome to the forum!

I just finished watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Fantastic movie. I'm hoping very much that there are at least 2-3 more movies in this series! I can see them doing a lot with it.

Going to watch Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend as well I think.

paecmaker
12-10-2014, 04:44 AM
So many movies I must watch, just watched oblivion so Im a bit behind. :p

Mizel
12-12-2014, 08:30 AM
You'll have to chime in on how it is! Welcome to the forum!

I just finished watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Fantastic movie. I'm hoping very much that there are at least 2-3 more movies in this series! I can see them doing a lot with it.

Going to watch Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend as well I think.

I *loved* DotPofA. When he says "GO!". Shivers down my spine, man. Every time :P

EpsilonX
12-12-2014, 10:46 AM
I watched about 20 minutes of Eight Crazy Nights the other day, but my dvd had a scratched so it kept skipping big chunks. Before that, I think the last movie was the newest Riddick. (and before that was Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress)

ROFLBRYCE
12-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I *loved* DotPofA. When he says "GO!". Shivers down my spine, man. Every time :P

The one that got me was "Ape not kill ape" followed by "You not ape"

Hooooolllyyyy crap.

norid
12-13-2014, 04:08 PM
The Wind Rises :v

ROFLBRYCE
12-13-2014, 09:24 PM
The Wind Rises :v

Was this any good? My girlfriend bought it but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet

norid
12-13-2014, 11:49 PM
It's good. Not his best work. Starts off REALLY slow. Art is wonderful. Feel a lil irked at the plane designs lol for someone who is antiwar he used the Kamikaze style planes like nothing, like the good guys plane.

Just wanted Nightbreed, mixed feelings on it

Mizel
12-29-2014, 09:11 AM
The Interview. I thought it was going to be mediocre, but it was much better than I expected.. Was actually pretty funny.

EpsilonX
01-02-2015, 05:22 PM
I watched Edge of Tomorrow the other day. It was actually just as enjoyable on a re-watch, and I see myself enjoying the movie for years to come

LiNuX
01-02-2015, 08:06 PM
I watched "I, Frankenstein" on Netflix. I felt it could have been much better, but I enjoyed it it nonetheless.

Kenoi
01-05-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm a bit late on this, but I finally watched a 2003 film titled 'Italian Job'. some of it had cheese, but good movie.

Mizel
01-07-2015, 08:34 AM
I watched "I, Frankenstein" on Netflix. I felt it could have been much better, but I enjoyed it it nonetheless.

I just noticed that was on NF as well. Added to my list :)

norid
01-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Watched Kiki's Delivery Service... haha nostalgia

ROFLBRYCE
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Watched Kiki's Delivery Service... haha nostalgia

Such a good movie!

We watched The Maze Runner the other night. I didn't know what to expect (other than a maze) and came out very surprised. It was awesome! Gonna have to read the books now.

norid
01-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Nice! Been wanting to watch that one :O

Synge
01-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Such a good movie!

We watched The Maze Runner the other night. I didn't know what to expect (other than a maze) and came out very surprised. It was awesome! Gonna have to read the books now.

Picked this up at redbox last night. We didn't know what to expect either, my GF said it was alright but I thought it was much better than I was expecting. Pretty solid.

LiNuX
01-17-2015, 05:20 PM
I re-watched Good Will Hunting

Netflix added that last Paul Walker movie, Brick Mansions. Doesn't look like the movie did that well in theaters, but I'll still watch it for the hell of it. (And I know F&F 7 will be Paul Walker's next last movie).

norid
01-17-2015, 07:43 PM
watched Ender's Gamer... pretty imo

Trunks
01-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Watched God's Not Dead

I liked the God vs Science debate that was in it, the rest of the movie was pretty garbage. They made all the atheist in the movie look like complete a holes. It was so ridiculous a times it made me laugh. I figured it would be biased towards Christians, but wow. It started off with so much potential too, such a shame.

norid
01-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Watched Solomon Kane on Netflix. Decent lil B-flick. Action was good. That's all that mattered haha

EpsilonX
01-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Karate Robo Zaborgar. If anybody is into cheesy Japanese entertainment like Godzilla, Super Sentai (Power Rangers), Kamen Rider, Ultraman, or Metal Heroes (VR Troopers/Beetleborgs) then it's a must-watch.

LiNuX
01-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Watching 'The Interview' now on Netflix. Only 15 mins into it, took a 2 hour break to do some work, going back into it.

It looks cool so far, but I'm not going into it thinking it's gonna be super awesome.

EpsilonX
01-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Watching 'The Interview' now on Netflix. Only 15 mins into it, took a 2 hour break to do some work, going back into it.
It looks cool so far, but I'm not going into it thinking it's gonna be super awesome.

I might watch that tomorrow. I don't really like Rogen or Franco, but i'd like to know what all the fuss is about. I'm hoping there's a few jokes about Asian culture, and not just weed and dick jokes.

LiNuX
01-25-2015, 10:23 AM
I might watch that tomorrow. I don't really like Rogen or Franco, but i'd like to know what all the fuss is about. I'm hoping there's a few jokes about Asian culture, and not just weed and dick jokes.

I don't know what the fuss was about. But then again, I'm not North Korean so maybe that's why I don't see a big deal.

I liked the movie, maybe because I went in with low expectations, but it did make me laugh a few times. Other than that, it's just stupid funny. And I think they made a lot more money off this thing because they made a big fuss, otherwise, I don't see the movie doing that well in theaters.

Trunks
01-26-2015, 12:46 AM
Watched American Sniper, was really good.

LemonRising
01-26-2015, 01:19 AM
Watched Gone Girl. Expected chick flick with a side of murder mystery... instead I got... I don't know. I'm still trying to process what I watched : |

That scene with NPH... holy balls.

ROFLBRYCE
01-26-2015, 01:20 AM
I've been hearing it's great but just really f'd up. I'm looking forward to watching it!

EpsilonX
01-26-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't know what the fuss was about. But then again, I'm not North Korean so maybe that's why I don't see a big deal.

I liked the movie, maybe because I went in with low expectations, but it did make me laugh a few times. Other than that, it's just stupid funny. And I think they made a lot more money off this thing because they made a big fuss, otherwise, I don't see the movie doing that well in theaters.

The whole fuss was that North Korea took the fact that they're trying to kill Kim Jong Un as an act of war against them, and made all sorts of threats against the states. Then, some threats were made against any theaters that showed the film, and Sony's networks got hacked. Sony stated that any theaters that didn't want to show it didn't have to, and so many pulled out that Sony didn't see the point in releasing it anymore and cancelled it. The only reason people cared about it was that they thought North Korea was controlling what we can and cannot watch. Eventually, North Korea said that they weren't the ones doing the hacking and threatening theaters, and even offered to help figure out who it was to clear their name. I guess Sony decided that this was good enough and released it in a few places. My story could be off a bit, but that's more or less how it went down.

Anyways, I watched it last night. It was entertaining, much better than I expected it to be, but it wasn't anything special.

LiNuX
01-26-2015, 04:22 PM
The whole fuss was that North Korea took the fact that they're trying to kill Kim Jong Un as an act of war against them, and made all sorts of threats against the states. Then, some threats were made against any theaters that showed the film, and Sony's networks got hacked. Sony stated that any theaters that didn't want to show it didn't have to, and so many pulled out that Sony didn't see the point in releasing it anymore and cancelled it. The only reason people cared about it was that they thought North Korea was controlling what we can and cannot watch. Eventually, North Korea said that they weren't the ones doing the hacking and threatening theaters, and even offered to help figure out who it was to clear their name. I guess Sony decided that this was good enough and released it in a few places. My story could be off a bit, but that's more or less how it went down.

Anyways, I watched it last night. It was entertaining, much better than I expected it to be, but it wasn't anything special.

Lol, I know the story. I just meant, there didn't need to be a fuss about it. It's just a movie. T Here are a lot more offensive stuff out there.

morphine
02-02-2015, 12:26 PM
i origins was the last movie i've seen, i thought it was really good :) Also rec. watched predestination.. I really loved it but hated too,it was such a weird movie lol

LemonRising
02-03-2015, 08:30 AM
I've been hearing it's great but just really f'd up. I'm looking forward to watching it!

Definitely messed up hahahaaha

Saw American Sniper. Was good but as a canadian it can be hard to relate to the "AMERICCCAAA" vibes it sometimes gives off. I also heard there's might be some.. controversy regarding Chris Kyle, which was kind of in my head but I tried to take the movie as it is.

ROFLBRYCE
02-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Watched the Interview. Holy crap, it's the best move I've seen in a long time. I've watched most of the Rogen/Franco comedies, but for me this one beats them all out.

LemonRising
02-07-2015, 06:42 AM
I still gotta see The Interview >:( I love seth and franco.

Saw 'The Fury'. I liked it! There was no slow build up, just "HERE WE GO GUYS. TANK LIFE."

Trunks
02-07-2015, 11:25 AM
22 jump street, it was pretty meh

LadyBlack007
08-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Dracula Untold. It's pretty good. The acting is a bit poor especially I'm the beginning but the graphics are good. I can't wait for the sequel.

katyte522
08-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Last one I saw was the giver, it really digs deep, the topic of it is well known, about how to solve war and violence problem in the world, they gave a strategy for it. Worth watching, but want something new, similar to divergent

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

The enders game, i liked all of it

nyspurss
03-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Watched Rogue One and it is great