PDA

View Full Version : Steam Winter Sale 2013

xLykos
12-22-2013, 08:27 PM
So from what I've seen so far, there's a pretty good selection of games on the Steam Winter Sale this year. I'm limited on money so far but I have managed to grab a few games. What games (if any) have you all bought?

So far I've bought:
Final Fantasy 7
Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition

LiNuX
12-22-2013, 10:39 PM
I've been avoiding the sale this year. Every year I get a bunch of games that I never play. So this time, I haven't even gone to the store.

BobTD
12-23-2013, 12:48 AM
bunch of games you never play?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8572/5t99.jpg

whats that like? Oh my god, the steam calculator takes sales into account for profile value, so even with all those discounts... why god why.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/435/ael5.png

So from what I've seen so far, there's a pretty good selection of games on the Steam Winter Sale this year. I'm limited on money so far but I have managed to grab a few games. What games (if any) have you all bought?

So far I've bought:
Final Fantasy 7
Elder Scrolls Oblivion game of the year edition

Oblivion is still one of my favorite games ever. I loved playing a stealth character with charms illusions and poison sneak attacks.

Trunks
12-23-2013, 01:56 AM
http://puu.sh/5VOEw.jpg
unplayed games? what?

I've also stayed away from the sale this year, I almost bought a couple, but I managed to control my self. I pretty much have every game I want anyway, just need to play them... sometime.

Though I don't think total counts the sale price, because there is no way I spent 1,800 lol, not even close. More like 400 or 500 if that. I bought the majority of my games during last Christmas sale, about 200 dollars worth. The rest came from bundles that were about 2 or 3 dollars for 5 games or so. I've never bought a game off steam unless it was 50 percent off or more lol.

xLykos
12-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Oblivion is still one of my favorite games ever. I loved playing a stealth character with charms illusions and poison sneak attacks.

I played it for a solid 5 hours today lol beat the arena and got a good start in the Dark Brotherhood. Now I'm actually doing the main story for the first time ever lmfao

Found out an interesting fact while I was playing, the voice actor for Martin Septum is Sean Bean who played Ned Stark on Game of Thrones. I heard him talk and I was like "NO ********** WAY"

BobTD
12-23-2013, 02:41 AM
yeah now that I look at the list it does seem rather generous. when I saw it applying the discounts I assumed it was reflected in the total value. 70%? Only 265 hours? do you mostly play offline?

I mostly work part time only 2-3 days a week and do cheap virus removal and stuff and I come out way ahead after splitting rent with my gf, so I probably have 3 solid days a week I just play games, read books and try to write. I cant imagine only gaming for 265 hours in a four year span.

Is there really more to life? Am I doing it wrong?

Trunks
12-23-2013, 06:44 AM
yeah now that I look at the list it does seem rather generous. when I saw it applying the discounts I assumed it was reflected in the total value. 70%? Only 265 hours? do you mostly play offline?

I mostly work part time only 2-3 days a week and do cheap virus removal and stuff and I come out way ahead after splitting rent with my gf, so I probably have 3 solid days a week I just play games, read books and try to write. I cant imagine only gaming for 265 hours in a four year span.

I just play non steam games a lot I suppose. I game a lot more than 265 hours lol. League of Legends was a game I used to play a lot, I have over 1,200 hours on that in the past 4 years. Then I used to play my 360 a lot, not so much anymore though.

http://puu.sh/5VXZN.png

According to Raptr I have over 6,500 hours, this doesn't count time played on consoles though just my PC. Though this goes back from when I was 11 or 12, because I used to use xfire back then and it tracked game time. so Over a 8 or 9 year span I logged close to 7,000 hours on PC alone. Not too bad I guess.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

I just play non steam games a lot I suppose. I game a lot more than 265 hours lol. League of Legends was a game I used to play a lot, I have over 1,200 hours on that in the past 4 years. Then I used to play my 360 a lot, not so much anymore though.

http://puu.sh/5VXZN.png

According to Raptr I have over 6,500 hours, this doesn't count time played on consoles though just my PC. Though this goes back from when I was 11 or 12, because I used to use xfire back then and it tracked game time. so Over a 8 or 9 year span I logged close to 7,000 hours on PC alone. Not too bad I guess.

I actually have most time played for a game on there, ranked #1 out of everyone signed up.
http://puu.sh/5VYbU.png
2,611 that's almost 109 days played just in the game. What a childhood lol.

BobTD
12-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Is raptr something you have to leave running? I have an account but I dont think I ever use it.

Trunks
12-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Yeah, you have to keep it running for it to track game time.

Mizel
12-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Bioshock triple pack is on sale right now for $20 (1, 2 and Infinite). Which is an awesome deal since Infinite alone is $19.99.

I'm contemplating getting Shadowrun Returns for $9. Has anyone else played it yet? I downloaded a "demo" and liked it, but I only really played for about 20 minutes or so.

Haven't really purchased anything else with the Winter Sale... bought Monaco for a couple bucks. It's not too bad. Definitely a game made to be played with all 4 players.

xLykos
12-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Wow all the Bioshocks for 20 dollars? I've wanted to get Infinite since it came out, I might have to get that...

Trunks
12-24-2013, 12:37 PM
The triple back was on sale for 81% off, like 15 dollars, I wish I would have bought it then. Still might pick it up, may be the only game I buy this time around. That and maybe dead island.

Mizel
12-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Gave in and bought Shadowrun Returns.

xLykos
12-25-2013, 11:38 AM
How is it?

Trunks
12-25-2013, 01:49 PM
I also gave in and bought some games. I got the Bioshock triple pace, Postal 2, Universe Box and Gnomoria

BobTD
12-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Gave in and bought Shadowrun Returns.

yeah same. =P

I got a $40 steam card for xmas, so I just picked up Bioshock infinite, shadowrun returns, and king of fighters XIII. Pretty happy with these picks.

Mizel
12-26-2013, 08:27 AM
How is it?

It's fun! It's a nice change of pace being a turn based game. I only really got to play for about a half hour or so.

paecmaker
12-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I have bought tons of smaller games this time.

Surgeon simulator
Trine 1/2
system shock 2
trackmania 2 stadium
Trials revolution

but also max payne 3 and music creator 6.

So far its been great :D

xLykos
12-26-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting Surgeon Simulator. It looks like a fun goofy game

Ziek88
12-27-2013, 12:31 PM
I picked up Dark Souls. I hear it's pretty good and hard. So far my only purchase of this sale.

BobTD
12-28-2013, 01:09 AM
It's fun! It's a nice change of pace being a turn based game. I only really got to play for about a half hour or so.

Turn based grid games (tactical rpgs) are actually one of my favorite genres. Fallout 1,2 and tactics, Final fantasy tactics, front mission 2, 3 and 4. Disgaea series, advance wars, orge battle. Xcom? That style game is the whole reason I picked up shadowrun.

Trunks
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
The Half Life Complete pack finally came on sale for 75% off. Had to pick hat up for 10 dollars. I think I'm done with the sale though, already spent around 40 dollars so far. I'm up to 150 total games owned now.