PDA

View Full Version : Which FPS Has The Best AI (Artificial Intelligence) Of All-Time?

Scott
10-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Wow this is tough, what do you guys think?. I think Call of Duty 2, F.E.A.R. and Bioshock are best.

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Duck Hunt, those ****ers would fly in all kind of crazy directions. lol

StrikeHard
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
NONE there all crap

Scott
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
NONE there all crap

Well...then which is the best crap then?

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 10:02 PM
NONE there all crap

I bet Call of Duty 4 will have the best.

Ghost
10-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Halo 3 has the worst AI I have ever seen, even on Legendary. All the Brute do is sidestep

StrikeHard
10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Halo 3 has the worst AI I have ever seen, even on Legendary. All the Brute do is sidestep

Tell me about it. Not to mention how totally retarded and incompetent your team mates are.

Scott
10-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I bet Call of Duty 4 will have the best.

I hope so..theres a lot at stake for that game! GOTY material too!

Ghost
10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
I think its FEAR . I have never ever seen that done again in all the games since. They would crawl under pipes, flank, take cover, provide cover, move as teams etc. Anything to get to you. FEAR the game itself was wayyyyyy over rated, but the AI was astounding.

StrikeHard
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Truthfully,Resistance shouldn't even be mentioned,as the A.I. was complete garbage by far.

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Did we play the same FEAR?

All I noticed from them was hiding round corners...and a few rounds into their exposed boot made them react like id just shot them in the chest!

Im sorry but extreme resistance to damage and running around all over the place isnt good AI.
____

Ghost
10-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Dude FEAR wins this hands down.

About the only game I've ever seen a group of enemies actually regroup(with one guy spraying his gun at me to cover his teammates) and fall back at a different choke point to try to crossfire me.

I've seen others advancing behind the giant mechas using their armored teammate as cover and then scatter towards new cover when I blew him to hell.

I've never seen crap like that without it being overtly scripted in an FPS game. No other game has ever moved in a way that seemed like they were using real tactics and teamwork. The only where the AI would try to set up crossfires and flanks.

StrikeHard
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow this is tough, what do you guys think?. I think Call of Duty 2, F.E.A.R. and Bioshock are best.

CoD2 but that AI was CRAP! Just because enemy AI is tough doesn't mean that it is good AI. That AI is CHEAP and just flat out cheats/is psychic. I hear that CoD3 is even more cheap. That's just for the enemy AI. Your squad mates are just as horrible. They constantly (almost purposely put their body or head directly in front of your line if fire and get shot. With a game that has a "Friendly fire will not be tolerated" feature, that kind of AI is just unacceptable.

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Well I'm voting for Bioshock. I love watching them run around corners and trying to get the upper hand on me by getting behind me. There's been a few times when I thought I had a splicer running scared, only to find them ambushing me again a few seconds later.

Scott
10-11-2007, 10:36 PM
NONE there all crap

Lol my guess is you just dont like games

StrikeHard
10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Half Life 2 should win. I never considered Halo having good AI at all. Difficult? Yes, but stupid. The only thing that makes Halo's AI difficult is the auto aim and Master Chief sustaining more damage.

Scott
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Well I'm voting for Bioshock. I love watching them run around corners and trying to get the upper hand on me by getting behind me. There's been a few times when I thought I had a splicer running scared, only to find them ambushing me again a few seconds later.

Are Sony fanboys really allowed to say such things.

Ghost
10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Tell me about it. Not to mention how totally retarded and incompetent your team mates are.

The Halo fan boys will pick Halo even if you could complete the game blind-folded.

Scott
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I think I'll vote for FEAR that was a good game

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
I myself think FEAR has the best AI going atm. Nothing compares to it. Also the expansion was even better so i cant wait for F.E.A.R 2! lol

LiNuX
10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
i said CoD since i have no exp with f.e.a.r. and i would have picked HL2 if i'd played that game enough