I believe they do somewhere.:yes:

glenofimaal
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
always the believer arn't you:eek1:
aliens don't exist:yes:
if they did it would be in another solar system:radar:

Strickin
11-29-2007, 05:29 PM
i totally believe in them, i mean there is so much evidence..also im sure some life form has created space travel

GF Eric
11-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Well of course they do. I am one, just look around the forum. :radar:

conman1000
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Well of course they do. I am one, just look around the forum. :radar:

I remember that thread. :twitcy::rolleyes1:

El3mentGamer
11-29-2007, 05:43 PM
c'mon all the stars,
all the planets,
the newly discovered far away sun,
WITH THE "INTIRE" UNIVERSE OUT THEIR HOW COULD "WE" BE THE ONLY LIFEFORMS?!?!
i am a 100% beleiver of atleast one othe lifeform out there in a universe!

jakncoke
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
My opinion is that the universe is just too big for us too be the only lifeforums in the universe.

El3mentGamer
11-29-2007, 08:04 PM
jancoke, thank you for summarizing what i said that makes it a lil more clear

jakncoke
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
jancoke, thank you for summarizing what i said that makes it a lil more clear

haha, didn't even see your post. Was that a snarky comment at me basically saying the same thing.

Raw!
11-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Hehe. Yes, I believe they do.

Scott
11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I made a thread like this too, but nobody posted in it

Toxic
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh not again... No they don't exist!

GF Eric
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh not again... No they don't exist!

Hey you know we can't be the only ones in the galaxy. Life was found on Mars that dates back to Millions or years ago.

Scott
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I can only hope that the galaxy actually turns out to be like Warhammer 40,000. George Bush for God-Emperor?

Hmm.

jakncoke
12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
I can only hope that the galaxy actually turns out to be like Warhammer 40,000. George Bush for God-Emperor?

Hmm.

That would be terrible, he's like the worst president in history.

Ghost
12-01-2007, 03:34 AM
sure aliens do exist

Toxic
12-01-2007, 03:37 AM
sure aliens do exist

I know. You're right.

The same goes for Leprechauns, Unicorns, Goblins, Jedi's, and the boogy man.

jakncoke
12-01-2007, 03:57 AM
lol at you trying to make him look like a nut, but seriously how do you figure there is none? Do you really think we're alone in a universe that is so big that we don't even know how big it is?

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I know. You're right.

I would prove it to you but, as you can imagine, certain interests don't take lightly to such information becoming public. I'm in the safety zone right now --as it is, 99% of this thread will write my claim off as the random (lying/bull****ting/whatever you want to call it) interwebs poster. And that's how it's going to stay.

Toxic
12-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I would prove it to you but, as you can imagine, certain interests don't take lightly to such information becoming public. I'm in the safety zone right now --as it is, 99% of this thread will write my claim off as the random (lying/bull****ting/whatever you want to call it) interwebs poster. And that's how it's going to stay.

Are you joking? Or are you about to admit that you've been anal probed?

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I know. You're right.

You can never prove those creatures' non-existance, especially when definitions as to what they actually are differ. That's where science and statistics come in. We can reasonably say that, based on the evidence, we are confident that they in fact, do not exist.

Toxic
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
You can never prove those creatures' non-existance, especially when definitions as to what they actually are differ. That's where science and statistics come in. We can reasonably say that, based on the evidence, we are confident that they in fact, do not exist.

Exactly. Not here, nor anywhere else. Just like aliens.

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Are you joking? Or are you about to admit that you've been anal probed?

Like I said, I can't elaborate

Toxic
12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Like I said, I can't elaborate

I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

Scott
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Exactly. Not here, nor anywhere else. Just like aliens.

If that were true, why are so many people pursuing what they consider the impending discovery? There are far more possible places where aliens could exist (whether intelligent or not) that we don't know about.

Monkeyboy
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM
mathematically speaking, if aliens did exist, we should have discovered and had proof of them a long time ago.

Toxic
12-05-2007, 06:44 AM
If that were true, why are so many people pursuing what they consider the impending discovery? There are far more possible places where aliens could exist (whether intelligent or not) that we don't know about.

The same people who will be hushed by the government?

Whether or not it's less/more possible, that doesn't change the fact that aliens do not exist. The burden of proof lies in the believers/story tellers (such as yourself).

Scott
12-05-2007, 08:34 AM
mathematically speaking, if aliens did exist, we should have discovered and had proof of them a long time ago.

That's an incredibly ****ty argument, no offense. Look at all the things we continually discover that do exist but prior to their discovery, hadn't been known to exist. Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they're not out there.

conman1000
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Take Cells for example, they were discovered in the 1700's or somthing, doesn't mean that they didn't exist, everything comes from one cell.

Master_Dylmo
12-11-2007, 01:48 AM

that would still meen they exist...

who are we (we being earthlings not humans coz other animals count :D) to say we are the only livin creatures in the whole of everything!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw

how can u say in all of that^^^ we are the only creature?

aliens arent nessecarily green with big deformed heads and small bodies... anything living at all could be a dpecies of dog... on another planet thats an alien!

not nessecarily... space is pretty frickin huge man.. if u dont believe in aliens but believe in God (not sayin u do/dont) and God created all things... wtf is the point of so many planets if they are ALL going to be empty exept for one..

EDIT: sry bout the double post! btw next poll topic should be "is there a God?" that would be good to see...

Jenatello
12-11-2007, 08:45 AM

No we wouldn't have, we aren't even capable of space travel, how would we have discovered another live form in another solar system if we can't even get there?

And if I were from another planet, there is no way I would let humans know of my kind, we are destructive and non-accepting of anything that is different.

GF Eric
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Well we did find proof of life on Mars that dates back 22 million years ago.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:14 PM

Nah...We're too busy killing each other to worry if there's life elsewhere.

We've not even set foot on non-earth soil in decades (and even our doing so in the first place is a matter of HOT debate).

That's like saying we should be able to find giant squid in the middle of a Phoenix parking lot in August. It's just not the right place.

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
All I got to say is:...

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

The same people who will be hushed by the government?

Whether or not it's less/more possible, that doesn't change the fact that aliens do not exist. The burden of proof lies in the believers/story tellers (such as yourself).

If you claim that something does not exist, you must show that (prove it). In other words, you're confusing two things. You're confusing the lack of evidence proving the existence of aliens (inadequate evidence for the existence of aliens) with the certainty that aliens do not exist. You're confusing my burden with your burden.

As for the government point, do you think honestly think those operations are not multidimensional? Is it so hard to believe that some parties may not even know they are fulfilling the goals of other parties? It's the brilliance of bureaucracy.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
If you claim that something does not exist, you must show that (prove it)..

This is incorrect. The burden of proof lies with POSITIVE affirmation, not negative.

For example.

Invisible Unicorns do not exist. This statement is true, and I do not have to provide evidence to back it up.

Invisible Unicorns exist. This statement is false unless I can prove it.

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:26 PM
This is incorrect. The burden of proof lies with POSITIVE affirmation, not negative.

For example.

Invisible Unicorns do not exist. This statement is true, and I do not have to provide evidence to back it up.

Invisible Unicorns exist. This statement is false unless I can prove it.
Wrong.

Why is it true? Because you have no evidence as to their existence. Their existence is uncertain. If you argue that it's true because of this, you succumb to the bare assertion fallacy.

In other words, you are making the claim that X is true where X is "the nonexistance of invisible unicorns." You have to prove that X is true.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Wrong.

Why is it true? Because you have no evidence as to their existence. Their existence is uncertain. If you argue that it's true because of this, you succumb to the bare assertion fallacy.

In other words, you are making the claim that X is true where X is "the nonexistance of invisible unicorns." You have to prove that X is true.

No, I really don't. They don't exist.

Nice try though.

Tell us more about your secret evidence that aliens exist. If you're going to be looney, you may as well go balls out.

GF Eric
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Well Unicorns existed before but were hunted to extinction. Well thats what I was told. BAM!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn)

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I think it's foolish to believe that there's no other life anywhere else given how huge the universe is. Sure, it's a complete assumption on my part, but I'd wager there has to be another planet out there with the right conditions to support sentient life.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I think it's foolish to believe that there's no other life anywhere else given how huge the universe is. Sure, it's a complete assumption on my part, but I'd wager there has to be another planet out there with the right conditions to support sentient life.

So you believe, in essence, because you WANT to believe.

That's fine. I'm OK with that.

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:37 PM
All I got to say is:...

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc L, where N stands for the number of civilizations in our galaxy capable of communicating with other civilizations. N* is the number of stars in the galaxy (billions in the Milky Way), fp the percentage of stars with planets (debatable but high), ne the number of planets with environments favorable to life (roughly 10 percent), fl the fraction of planets with life (guesswork but perhaps with a probability of 0.1 or 0.2), fi the proportion of those planets on which intelligent life has evolved (again guesswork, with probabilities ranging from 0.1 to 0.5), fc the fraction of planets able to communicate with other civilizations by radio or some other means (inestimable until Earth receives such a communication), and L for the longevity of the civilization.

Various astronomers put N at different numbers depending on their interpretation of N*, fp and fi.

Frank D. Drake calculates N at around 10,000...

Carl Sagan put it at about a million.

Basicaly he believes on precedent. The mere fact that we exist is proof positive that life exists throughout the universe.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
N = N* fp ne fl fi fc L, where N stands for the number of civilizations in our galaxy capable of communicating with other civilizations. N* is the number of stars in the galaxy (billions in the Milky Way), fp the percentage of stars with planets (debatable but high), ne the number of planets with environments favorable to life (roughly 10 percent), fl the fraction of planets with life (guesswork but perhaps with a probability of 0.1 or 0.2), fi the proportion of those planets on which intelligent life has evolved (again guesswork, with probabilities ranging from 0.1 to 0.5), fc the fraction of planets able to communicate with other civilizations by radio or some other means (inestimable until Earth receives such a communication), and L for the longevity of the civilization.

Various astronomers put N at different numbers depending on their interpretation of N*, fp and fi.

Sorry, dude, but this is the kind of tripe that makes people even more cynical.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e295/terraphon/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
The problem with this kind of question is that such beliefs tend to be pseudo-religious in nature. None of us have anything to base our particular opinions on (because there's nothing there, evidence-wise (and, of course, the people that are strongly opposed to the thought that life exists on other planets have the advantage in that no evidence = they're correct by default)) so they boil down to "blind faith" as it were. I've argues, several times, that there is no way to argue this point. It's undebatable since there is not 1 shred of factual basis for either side of the argument...And theories just don't hold water without facts to back them.

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
The problem with this kind of question is that such beliefs tend to be pseudo-religious in nature. None of us have anything to base our particular opinions on (because there's nothing there, evidence-wise (and, of course, the people that are strongly opposed to the thought that life exists on other planets have the advantage in that no evidence = they're correct by default)) so they boil down to "blind faith" as it were. I've argues, several times, that there is no way to argue this point. It's undebatable since there is not 1 shred of factual basis for either side of the argument...And theories just don't hold water without facts to back them.

You hit the nail on right on the head. This thread is almost identical to me posting a thread saying "jesus?" with a poll to reflect the beliefs of this forum. The difference is indescernable.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM

"fl the fraction of planets with life (guesswork but perhaps with a probability of 0.1 or 0.2)"

And this is where your formula becomes pretend.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM

It has nothing to do with wanting to believe, I just reason that there must be. I have no proof, but I don't know how you can comfortably say they don't exist when there's so much out there we haven't even seen.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
"fl the fraction of planets with life (guesswork but perhaps with a probability of 0.1 or 0.2)"

To further elaborate, I asked what mathematic probability you based your belief in aliens on, and you provide a formula that ASSUMES aliens exist as a premise.

http://plognark.com/Art/Sketches/CircularLogicMascot.JPG

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
To further elaborate, I asked what mathematic probability you based your belief in aliens on, and you provide a formula that ASSUMES aliens exist as a premise.

they do....

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
they do....

No, they don't.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM

http://plognark.com/Art/Sketches/CircularLogicMascot.JPG

And you base your belief that they don't exist on the assumption that they don't

Actually, the formula presented is an extension on the standard "probability theory" which is applied to many, many facets of physics, quantum physics, quantum theory, etc...and is used to provide "fact" where fact can't be proven.

SO.........

This is where this argument becomes pointless and any attempt to pursue it is akin to bashing yourself in the face, repeatedly, with a number 10 skillet.

Like I said...This is no better than a religion thread.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 05:57 PM
And you base your belief that they don't exist on the assumption that they don't

Actually, the formula presented is an extension on the standard "probability theory" which is applied to many, many facets of physics, quantum physics, quantum theory, etc...and is used to provide "fact" where fact can't be proven.

SO.........

This is where this argument becomes pointless and any attempt to pursue it is akin to bashing yourself in the face, repeatedly, with a number 10 skillet.

Like I said...This is no better than a religion thread.
No, I base my assertation on proof through lack of counterexample.

If I told you I had a six-eyed gorilla in my garage, it would be up to me to prove it to you. It would not be up to you to prove that I did not have one.

In the same way, there is zero evidence that aliens exist. Therefore they do not.

Scott
12-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they're not out there.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Just because we haven't found them doesn't mean they're not out there.

Except that's exactly what it means.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Except that's exactly what it means.

I never disputed that. But just as I can't say (without proof) that aliens definitively exist, you cannot say that they don't exist (without proof).

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:02 PM
No, I base my assertation on proof through lack of counterexample.

If I told you I had a six-eyed gorilla in my garage, it would be up to me to prove it to you. It would not be up to you to prove that I did not have one.

In the same way, there is zero evidence that aliens exist. Therefore they do not.

Again, we're back to the differing viewpoint and who should hold the "burden of proof". If I staunchly believe that my neighbor has a 6 eyed gorilla in his garage and he says he doesn't it's up to him to prove to me that there's not one there (or tell me to bugger off, his choice since it IS his garage).

See how we could go round and round over this.

My "belief" is simply that I am open to the fact that there could be life out there. I don't run around with a "welcome" sign or try to bounce radio waves off of a concave mirror in an attempt to reach A'kthu'lakawap and his buddies in the horsehead nebula so that I can ask them if they'll take me to their planet and let me look around for a few decades.

The fact is that this is all theory. Either side of the argument can scream "OMGZ!!! BURDEN OF PROOF " at any time and completely derail the other side's case. In our legal system, the burden of proof always lies on the shoulders of the prosecution...I.E., the people that brought up the charges. It could be said, then, that whichever side STARTED the argument, at any given time, is the side that holds the burden of proof since they are the one that is making a claim (to be, or not to be).

The believers believe because they have no proof otherwise. The disbelievers disbelieve because they have no proof.

And neither side can win until we explore the entire universe and find out for ourselves.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry, dude, but this is the kind of tripe that makes people even more cynical.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e295/terraphon/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

What is it about credible testimony that makes you more cynical?

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
What is it about credible testimony that makes you more cynical?

uuuhm...which of that testimony is credible and to whom?

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
uuuhm...which of that testimony is credible and to whom?

ok, please for your own sake, before you look foolish, research who this man is. If you don't think he is credible then fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Nick Pope: British Ministry of Defense Official
?I believe that governments and the military, and indeed private researchers, politicians- whoever- should place everything in the public domain on this issue. Governments can't, I think, have it both ways. You cannot say on the one hand, as the party line often goes, that UFOs are of no defense significance, and then on the other keep back some of the data.
?You simply can't do that. You have to have it one way or the other. And if, as governments consistently say when the politicians probe on this issue or when the media inquire, that there's really nothing to worry about, then okay, let's see all the data.?

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Again, we're back to the differing viewpoint and who should hold the "burden of proof". If I staunchly believe that my neighbor has a 6 eyed gorilla in his garage and he says he doesn't it's up to him to prove to me that there's not one there (or tell me to bugger off, his choice since it IS his garage).

See how we could go round and round over this.

My "belief" is simply that I am open to the fact that there could be life out there. I don't run around with a "welcome" sign or try to bounce radio waves off of a concave mirror in an attempt to reach A'kthu'lakawap and his buddies in the horsehead nebula so that I can ask them if they'll take me to their planet and let me look around for a few decades.

The fact is that this is all theory. Either side of the argument can scream "OMGZ!!! BURDEN OF PROOF " at any time and completely derail the other side's case. In our legal system, the burden of proof always lies on the shoulders of the prosecution...I.E., the people that brought up the charges. It could be said, then, that whichever side STARTED the argument, at any given time, is the side that holds the burden of proof since they are the one that is making a claim (to be, or not to be).

The believers believe because they have no proof otherwise. The disbelievers disbelieve because they have no proof.

And neither side can win until we explore the entire universe and find out for ourselves.

It's not a difference of opinion. It is YOU who bears the burden of proof. This is not a guess.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Thats really not true at all. There is a LOT of evidence.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Thats really not true at all. There is a LOT of evidence.

Please share this evidence.

In fact, I'd love to see the most credible piece of evidence that you know about.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
It's ignorant to believe that in this colossal universe, we're the only sentient life, now and forever.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
It's ignorant to believe that in this colossal universe, we're the only sentient life, now and forever.

What knowledge does he lack? There's nothing ignorant about not believing in something that doesn't exist.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
You will see the evidence when the time is right.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
You will see the evidence when the time is right.

You're a nut job. Take off the tin foil hat and start taking your meds.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
nono...there's NO evidence (that's ever been made public). There is nothing but conjecture, rumor, myth, a bunch of doctored photos and videos and heaps of guys that claim that they've worked at places where we were dismantling, testing, using or otherwise in contact with irrefutably alien technology.

If I told you that Luke Skywalker is in my house, RIGHT NOW, and that I should be considered credible because I'm an engineer that works with various government agencies on classified project and, by golly, I can tell Luke Skywalker when I see him does that constitute evidence?

srsly?

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:36 PM

You are misusing the word 'ignorant'.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
It's not a difference of opinion. It is YOU who bears the burden of proof. This is not a guess.

Actually I bear no burden, whatsoever, since it's not in my agenda to prove anything to anyone.

Mine is mine, yours is yours.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:43 PM

In fact, I'd love to see the most credible piece of evidence that you know about.

The MOST credible? Hmmm I gotta think about that one. You see this is a true conspiracy theory in every sense of the word. You have absolutely everything you could want for a quality hollywood flick in here, secret governments, aliens, government abductions, etc etc. If I point to one thing and say "there, thats the evidence." you are just going to want something else to back it up. Just like me.

The most credible evidence I've found was several hours of footage from NASA missions highlighting UFO phenomena.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:45 PM
ok, please for your own sake, before you look foolish, research who this man is. If you don't think he is credible then fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Nick Pope: British Ministry of Defense Official
?I believe that governments and the military, and indeed private researchers, politicians- whoever- should place everything in the public domain on this issue. Governments can't, I think, have it both ways. You cannot say on the one hand, as the party line often goes, that UFOs are of no defense significance, and then on the other keep back some of the data.
?You simply can't do that. You have to have it one way or the other. And if, as governments consistently say when the politicians probe on this issue or when the media inquire, that there's really nothing to worry about, then okay, let's see all the data.?

There are 2 people on this planet that bear any real credibility with me.

My Sister

My mother.

If either of them told me that God himself had descended from the heavens and presented himself to them, I'd be off begging to have my priesthood back before the ear-piece on the phone got cold.

Anyone else that can't provide concrete, irrefutable, physical evidence is just talking out of the side of their neck, AFAIAC.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:46 PM
nono...there's NO evidence (that's ever been made public). There is nothing but conjecture, rumor, myth, a bunch of doctored photos and videos and heaps of guys that claim that they've worked at places where we were dismantling, testing, using or otherwise in contact with irrefutably alien technology.

If I told you that Luke Skywalker is in my house, RIGHT NOW, and that I should be considered credible because I'm an engineer that works with various government agencies on classified project and, by golly, I can tell Luke Skywalker when I see him does that constitute evidence?

srsly?

Alright mate, there is NO evidence.

Everything that is out there, all the hundreds and thousands of photos, all the thousands of videos and all the hundreds of testimonies are all fake. Leaving me with nothing.

But I'ld sure love to meet luke...can you hook me up?

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Everything that is out there, all the hundreds and thousands of photos, all the thousands of videos and all the hundreds of testimonies are all fake. Leaving me with nothing.

I asked you to show me your most credible piece of evidence a few posts back.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I asked you to show me your most credible piece of evidence a few posts back.

read some of my posts further back.

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
read some of my posts further back.

Oh wow. I didn't think a few quotes from people you only know over the internet was your most credible source.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh wow. I didn't think a few quotes from people you only know over the internet was your most credible source.

I was referring to the post in which i directly replied to your post.

It kinda went like this:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post

In fact, I'd love to see the most credible piece of evidence that you know about."

The MOST credible? Hmmm I gotta think about that one. You see this is a true conspiracy theory in every sense of the word. You have absolutely everything you could want for a quality hollywood flick in here, secret governments, aliens, government abductions, etc etc. If I point to one thing and say "there, thats the evidence." you are just going to want something else to back it up. Just like me.

The most credible evidence I've found was several hours of footage from NASA missions highlighting UFO phenomena.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Now, I didn't say that EVERYTHING is fake.

There's just not a single piece of "evidence" right now that's irrefutable. And the more whackos that make hoax videos, hoax photos, hoax stories, false statements, and OUT OF THIS WORLDLY unbelievable claims (HOLY **** BALLS, I was taken to an alien planet and experimented on for 2 months but I didn't miss a single day of work because they had a time displacement system that was being powered by some hairless alien gerbils in a turbine-like hamster wheel) the more the whole idea loses credibility.

See what I'm saying?

Toxic
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
I was referring to the post in which i directly replied to your post.

It kinda went like this:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post

In fact, I'd love to see the most credible piece of evidence that you know about."

Missed that.

So are you telling me that Nasa acknowledges the existence of UFOs?

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Now, I didn't say that EVERYTHING is fake.

There's just not a single piece of "evidence" right now that's irrefutable. And the more whackos that make hoax videos, hoax photos, hoax stories, false statements, and OUT OF THIS WORLDLY unbelievable claims (HOLY **** BALLS, I was taken to an alien planet and experimented on for 2 months but I didn't miss a single day of work because they had a time displacement system that was being powered by some hairless alien gerbils in a turbine-like hamster wheel) the more the whole idea loses credibility.

See what I'm saying?
Of course I see what you're saying and you see what I'm saying. Neither extreme belief can be justified. We have to remain open to the idea.

Supermoose
12-12-2007, 06:56 PM

That's pretty much where I'm at, bro. I don't want to believe that we are all alone. I relish the idea that, someday, we could be in contact with other civilizations, learn from them, and advance ourselves into an amazing race of people.

Scott
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Missed that.

So are you telling me that Nasa acknowledges the existence of UFOs?

No, NASA does not officaly recognise UFOS and has actually has a little clause that says that Aliens and UFOs are absolutely not their business and they are not to make any comment on them.

But there's plenty of NASA footage I can show you that has "UFOs", and lots of em, in the footage.

I'ld like to add that the man who captured this footage I'm referring too isn't a Ufo nut and infact was and IS a skeptic, he hates the idea of "greys" or "zetas" or any of that ****, he just looks at the footage and notes the anomalies. Because thats what a UFO is right? An Unidentified flying object. An anomaly. Some can be explained and some can't, I just wish people would see this stuff before they jump to conclusions one way or another.

giga_girl
12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
i am also confused if im going to say yes or no..
the saddest thing is that its really hard for the scientist to show their evidence to the fact that their theory were not yet proven...and it takes time to show the truth and the evidence..

KittyCat72
12-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I believe aliens exist; I mean, think about it. How likely is it that earth is the only planet in the univers that has ever had life? The aliens may not be human-like in any way... they may just be like bacteria or something. But bacteria from anoter planet still counts as an alien.:eek1:

Subb
01-12-2010, 09:28 AM
theres gotta be sum other form of life out there. even if its a single celled organism or wutever have you. but theres no way we can be the only planet with sum sort of life on it.

myp
01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
The universe is so big that I think it would be silly to think that we are the only living organisms out there.

Iceskater101
01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
well there is no proof that aliens exist but, I think it would be cool if they existed
so I voted yes

LiNuX
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
well there is no proof that aliens exist but, I think it would be cool if they existed
so I voted yes

Well you have to ask yourself, what is the probability of life existing elsewhere? The universe is huge, our own solar system has 8 planets plus a handful of dwarf planets. Life can exist in extreme conditions. Extreme cold, heat, poisonous, in high radiation, etc.

I personally think life is abundant. But intelligent life is rare. Intelligent meaning life that can wonder about their own existence, and are able to actually do something to try to find out, just as humans have been doing for a very long time.

jango
01-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I agree with you Linux. Imo, thinking that the Earth is the only planet in the entire universe capable of sustaining life is a bit daft. The thing that makes me kinda chuckle about a fair number of portrayals of aliens is that we can't help but 'humanise' them .. as if a separate world sustaining life would even mean them looking like us, behaving like us etc. Naring in mind that it's entirely possible to discover new life forms in your own back yard (according to scietific studies) it hardly takes much imagination to take that same thinking out into the stars.

Then again I think humanity is incredibly primitive, so perhaps I'm not best to comment ..

LemonRising
01-15-2010, 12:35 PM
THERE MUST BE.

Universe = too big

also

Pyramids and monkey outlines in large areas of earth.

jango
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
true .. and at the end of the day SOMETHING has to explain the existance of celine dion for the love of god ...

Bullman
01-15-2010, 04:13 PM

Well, ur making it sound like its imposible they`d exist bechus they Would HAVE to be in another solar system, Well, I belive they exist, Ofc they do, Its billions of planets and solar systems, We cant be alone. I also belive some of them are smarter than us, But im not quite shure if i belive on the ufos and that the aliens has come to earth whit ufos and stuff, Alot of those movies and evidence proving such things just looks too fake

RaiDae
01-16-2010, 07:51 AM
I was watching a program ages ago, about where it would be possible for life to grow and evolve. The planet would have to be a certain distance away from the sun (not too hot nor too cold), the size of the planet and it's gravitational strength is important, the atmosphere on the planet and it's orbital path (the planet's path isn't necessarily circular and this could induce extreme weather conditions). Those are only a couple of the factors they were talking about (i can't remember the others).
Though the likliehood of a planet satisfying all the necessary requirements is very, very small, there are so many planets out there that I believe there must be a few others like ours. (though they're probably so far away that we'll never know of their existance... )

So, yeah - I believe in aliens :)