PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day

LiNuX
01-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Groundhog Day is in February 2nd for those of you in the United States. I think they have the day for pure entertainment. I mean, checking if the groundhog sees his shadow to determine if we'll have few more weeks of winter isn't really the best way to predict future weather lol

Anyone else find this day purely for entertainment or does anyone believe it?

I think last year it was supposed to be a longer winter but summer came by fast, for me at least

rukisuto
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Definitely entertainment.
The newscasters always get into it too by getting live coverage and whatnot.
Lol.

I just enjoyed that time during elementary school because we got to make a bunch of cool stuff :]

Scott
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Such a weird holiday.... And you Americans try to make us belive you aren't weird

LiNuX
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Such a weird holiday.... And you Americans try to make us belive you aren't weird

lol, we still have school and other stuff open, but yea i do agree its weird

American's huh lol

GF Eric
02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
So did the Groundhog see his shadow or not. I kinda missed it.;(

conman1000
02-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't know, I saw the videos but the sound wasn't on.

GF Eric
02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Oh darn. Well i will find out on the news at 11.

KittyCat72
02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
This is a strange holiday. And how does it work? Do they just watch 1 particular groundhog? Whatever, I think it's stupid.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I think it's like each state or something has it's own groundhog, lol.
It's dumb.
I don't know if it saw it's shadow or not.

glenofimaal
02-03-2008, 09:04 AM
stupid sun came here

KittyCat72
02-03-2008, 09:12 AM
It's dumb.

So if each state has its own groundhog... what if half of them see thier shadow and half don't? It could be in a weird order too; like what if Kentucky's saw it, Tennessee's didn't, and Alabama's did? You know, like every other state's was different. That'd be some weird weather if it actually worked.

LemonRising
02-03-2008, 10:45 AM
it's defiantly just for fun. All the reporters and (some) teachers get so into it. I love watching the Live Report on the news because it's so cheesy. I think there's like.. an official groundhog day website out there, quite.. interesting XD

LiNuX
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
This is a strange holiday. And how does it work? Do they just watch 1 particular groundhog? Whatever, I think it's stupid.

its more like 1 groundhog for whatever - like here in NYC, they have one in Staten Island, then one in Queens, and one in Manhattan I believe lol

It's dumb.

i don't know what happened either but at a place like NYC if they have different predictions each, that could cause some war between the groundhogs lol

"YOU WERE WRONG"
"NO YOU WERE WRONG, YOU ARE BLIND"

lol :laugh:

stupid sun came here

it was cloudy here all day long, sun's out today though