PDA

View Full Version : Commercials!

Raw!
03-08-2008, 01:26 PM
My god how much I hate commercials. When something is at a cool moment or something really awesome is about to happen it goes to commercial. It feels like an hour. And it's such a pain. Who else feels this way?

glenofimaal
03-08-2008, 01:30 PM
My god how much I hate commercials. When something is at a cool moment or something really awesome is about to happen it goes to commercial. It feels like an hour. And it's such a pain. Who else feels this way?

i hate that so much:mad1:

i always think that it's gonna go to happens

american idol has so many commercial breaks;(

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes commercials are very much hated by me, what's also hated by me is movies that mad edited. they should give you a choice to see the non-edited version.

Raw!
03-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Agreed. But there is also a plus to them. Sometimes you see a product that is actually good and you want to buy it.

rukisuto
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I have TiVO so 75% of the time I don't watch commercials, lol.
Only if I'm watching a show in real time.

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Agreed. But there is also a plus to them. Sometimes you see a product that is actually good and you want to buy it.

I've never had that occur with me.

LiNuX
03-08-2008, 03:26 PM
i dont watch tv enough to know what some of the new commercials are these days but i don't like them

they use commercials as a source of money, this is how they get paid, otherwise there is no point in having commercials so you can't blame the tv stations for this

and i agree with jak about the movies where they edit it big time to cut it down to like 2 hours, really annoying

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I hate the language edit the most. I mean with todays society the kids have heard and done all the stuff they've seen on TV+ more so why not at least give us a choice, like why did ABC show American Pie, that was edited so much it's not even funny. they even edited " lets get laid"

LiNuX
03-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I hate the language edit the most. I mean with todays society the kids have heard and done all the stuff they've seen on TV+ more so why not at least give us a choice, like why did ABC show American Pie, that was edited so much it's not even funny. they even edited " lets get laid"

lol they showed that on ABC? haha

yeah these can get annoying, but if these guys are gonna turn a 2 hr movie into a 1 hour movie by editing it so much, why bother putting it up anyway? your viewers won't know the whole story

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't think they care about the viewer. All they want is the advertising income. Which in mainstream TV is a lot, like an 30 second spot on American Idol is like 450k or something like that. If I come across the figures again I'll post them.

Raw!
03-08-2008, 03:38 PM
That's why I like renting or going to the movies.

LiNuX
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't think they care about the viewer. All they want is the advertising income. Which in mainstream TV is a lot, like an 30 second spot on American Idol is like 450k or something like that. If I come across the figures again I'll post them.

yeah, i think a 30 second ad anywhere in the superbowl costs a minimum $2.5 million - i may be wrong, i have to check it again

superbowl is the big commercial revenue earner and they have dozens of commercials running during the whole game - half time costs more i believe

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
2.7 is what I thought it was, march madness will have record costing 30 second spots, I'll go check my email to see the figure

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117982059.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

estimated 1.5 for college basketball