PDA

View Full Version : Datacenter Move Update

LiNuX
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
This is just an update on the datacenter move I posted about yesterday. Because our current datacenter is full of idiotic idiots, we will be moving to a better datacenter (I hope).

The process will take place all week long, the copying of files from the old server to the new one before databases are moved. And after the databases have been moved, this forum will shut down on this server and reopen on the second one.

Domain name servers or DNS update can take up to 24 hours. This is for the domain gamers-forum.com - For up to 24 hours, you will be going back between the old and the new server. Meaning one minute you may see the forum locked because DNS brought you back to our old server, and then the next minute it may be open because you are on our second server.

That is just a side effect of moving servers of any kind. I will keep you guys updated with the information I get in hopes that no one will be confused about this whole process.

In the mean time there will be NO new tournaments, NO new games added to the arcade, NO new sports games to bet on, and NO new modifications will be added, upgraded, or modified until this has all passed. In board competitions will still occur as they don't interfere with the physical files that needs moving or modifying.

~LiNuX

LiNuX
03-12-2008, 08:51 PM
and just a little update, most of the physical files have been transferred to the new host, we'll soon be moving the database and forum domain

the side effects of moving domains have been explained above, please read and understand thoroughly before panicking

~LiNuX

LiNuX
03-16-2008, 08:05 PM
another update:

This is expected to be completed over night - you may experience problems accessing the site due to name server updates

~LiNuX