PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Arrested

LiNuX
04-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Carmelo Anthony was arrested earlier this morning for DUI, just a few hours after the Denver Nuggets won a Match Against the Houston Nuggets.

Carmelo Anthony was on the cover of NBA 2005 (the version I own) and he came on around the same time as Lebron James and Duane Wade, the other two big stars that hasn't gotten into trouble....yet.

I am disappointed at him - he is still young and he is a role model for many but he still goes on and breaks the law.

Here is the full story:

DENVER (TICKER) —Denver Nuggets star forward Carmelo Anthony was arrested Monday morning for suspicion of driving under the influence.

Denver police stated that Anthony was driving south on Interstate 25 roughly around 4 a.m. when he was pulled over and taken into custody. Investigators said he was driving a silver Mercedes that was stopped for failing to drive in a single lane and failing to dim lights.

“Carmelo was pulled over late Sunday night on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol,” said Anthony’s lawyer Dan Recht in a statement. “He cooperated by consenting to a blood test, the results of which will not be available for approximately two weeks. There was no accident and no one was hurt.

“Like anyone in a similar situation, Carmelo has to wait for the results of his blood test. He regrets putting himself in this situation.”

Anthony was released on bond Monday morning on his own recognizance. A summons appearance was scheduled for May 14.

“We are aware of the situation involving Carmelo Anthony,” said Nuggets vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien in a prepared statement. “We are currently gathering information and we will have no further comment at this time.”

The Nuggets defeated the Houston Rockets, 111-94, on Sunday. Anthony scored just 11 points on 3-of-14 shooting and was limited to 25 minutes by foul trouble.

source: Nuggets' Anthony arrested for DUI - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txnuggetsanthony&prov=st&type=lgns)

any thoughts?

conman1000
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Another star who can't avoid drugs and the spotlight. We have so few that can.

Riku-Nara
04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Another star who can't avoid drugs and the spotlight.

Dude, it was just a DUI.
I'm not surprised.
Probably just got hung up celebrating the team win or something.

younging94
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Lol, we were talking about this in school =P

Man, he was probally just pumped about the game, im not surprised

diablo
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
i heard about this on the news already too many times lol, dont see the big deal, people get DUI all the time

Samus-Fan
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
“Carmelo was pulled over late Sunday night on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol,”
Can't they just say he was drunk? Lol.

I can't believe celebrities are making these choices. They do know there are kids who look up to them, only seeing that they get drunk, or do drugs, or smoke crack, or just get in trouble. Just another celebrity, making a bad choice. Nothing new.

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 05:52 PM
“Carmelo was pulled over late Sunday night on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol,”
Can't they just say he was drunk? Lol.

dui is the legal term and these news people have to sound professional - and DUI indicates he was Driving and "Drunk" Could mean anything, you can't get arrested for being drunk in your own back yard lol - so DUI and DWI are more specific

and DUI could also mean influence of other drugs - DWI is Driving While Intoxicated which generally means alcohol, they should have just called it this

but oh well, legal mumbo-jumbo