PDA

View Full Version : High School Next Year

KittyCat72
04-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, next year I'm going to be in high school. These are the classes I want to take:
English 1 Honors
Accelerated Geometry
Principles of Health
Band
Band
Spanish 1

Of course, English, science, math, and history are required, but you can choose the English and math so I listed them there. I'm going to try to take all of the advance classes. In the English 1 Honors, I heard you have to read a book over summer and do a huge packet of worksheets. I hope I have time with marching band starting during summer.... maybe I'll have some leftover time for the forum too. I want to be a vet when I'm older so that's why I want to take Principles of Health. Knowing my luck I won't get any of the classes I want... that would just suck. I'll let you know if I do. :-P

Nerdy Knight
04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Well, good luck! Just to let you know, there's no such thing as "freshman initiation" incase you were wondering that. Hope you get the classes you want.

Scott
04-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Ummmm I guess High School is different over there. I've just left our high school and I'm planning on going to college next year.

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
where do you live?

if its in NY i can suggest some classes so you can get an advance regents diploma quicker and its the only place you can get an ARD lol

KittyCat72
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I think I'll have more friends at high school. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of friends now. But the band class over there is better and I get along with older people well. I live in Kentucky so high school really isn't that much of a big thing... I probably won't get into Spanish though because everyone is trying to get it.

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I think I'll have more friends at high school. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of friends now. But the band class over there is better and I get along with older people well. I live in Kentucky so high school really isn't that much of a big thing... I probably won't get into Spanish though because everyone is trying to get it.

kentucky - my philosophy professor is from there lol

and since you are not from NY - the only advice I can give you is try to get all your credits needed as soon as possible, take all requirement classes before taking the "fun" ones - trust me it pays off senior year lol, i did ZERO work my senior year and still finished 2nd in the whole 2007 class :D

good luck in high school!

KittyCat72
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, that was my plan all along. I decided on 2 things... to take as many band classes as I possibly can... and to get all the credits so I won't have to do anything as a senior. :-P That will probably pay off when I have a job and I'm working for college money. I won't have homework or be tired from school.

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that was my plan all along. I decided on 2 things... to take as many band classes as I possibly can... and to get all the credits so I won't have to do anything as a senior. :-P That will probably pay off when I have a job and I'm working for college money. I won't have homework or be tired from school.

exactly what i did my senior year - i had class like 3 hours a day but i only went for like 2 hours at a time and didnt go to gym since i didn't need it - and i had a job i had to go to so i saved up money and paid for 2 terms of college already :D

good luck - and also look for scholarships for college when you get started, the earlier you look the more knowledge you will have

i sound like a hypocrite because i told myself i'd look for scholarships in 9th grade but started in the 11th lol - but its in human nature to procrastinate i guess

KittyCat72
04-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I plan on looking for scholarships but, knowing me, I'll put it off. I have the name of a cool website a teacher told me to look at so I'll probably just go there for now.

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
fastweb.com

scholarships.com

these are too great sources - also go to HESC.org for the TAP Grant - its like free $5k lol - can't complain here

EpsilonX
04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
You're only going into high school? I'm goin into college next year. University of Buffalo :-D

rukisuto
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Bet you're excited :]
It's definitely a lot better than Middle School, you'll like it.

I took Honors English and Honors Geometry in my freshman year.
The best thing was that it was weighted, lol.

Samus-Fan
04-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Smart to get your senior classes out of the way. I'm not in high school yet, but I know that would be smart :-) also, why does everyone want spanish? I hate spanish...I would much rather take french

LiNuX
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
You're only going into high school? I'm goin into college next year. University of Buffalo :-D

i know a guy going there, he's gonna be a Junior next year - in the football team there i believe

Iceskater101
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
cool I am taking all the required classes
and band french
and marketing
oh and intro to computer art

Jjjet1
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
well i'm taking all college classes next year so i don't have to pay for those 20-30 credits so yeah it's pretty sweet! ;) if i'm thinking right i'm taking these classes

college econ(3-4 creds)
american gov(4-6 creds)
human anatomy (8 creds)
into to theatre (3-4 creds)
digi tools (computer class)
college algebra or calculas sp? (creds depend on which one i get)
concert choir (not college but still it's sweet)
madrigals (better singing group)

huh.. i forgot what else i had... i'll have to look at it later actually!

KittyCat72
04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I wondered why so many people wanted Spanish since everybody told me it was a bad class. I'm just interested in learning a new language. I would rather take French... but they don't offer it.

rukisuto
04-17-2008, 07:11 PM
My spanish teacher sucked.
She pretty much makes up the language as she goes.
I wasn't going to take it until my school decided to cut about 10 classes.

It was lovely :]

KittyCat72
04-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Lol, poor you. Our Spanish teacher couldn't do that because we have a few students that moved here from Mexico and learned English. They would correct the teacher. Besides... I already know a little Spanish myself.. uno...?

LiNuX
04-17-2008, 07:53 PM
lol, my spanish teachers were great - took the spanish regents here along with 6 terms of spanish - got a 95 i think on the regents - worked my way to an advanced regents diploma :D got a good scholarship for this too

so it can be wise to take a foreign language even if its not spanish

Iceskater101
04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
lol, my spanish teachers were great - took the spanish regents here along with 6 terms of spanish - got a 95 i think on the regents - worked my way to an advanced regents diploma :D got a good scholarship for this too

so it can be wise to take a foreign language even if its not spanish

lucky you had good spanish teachers. my spanish teacher talks so fast and treats me like a kindergardner
I am taking french :)

LiNuX
04-17-2008, 11:05 PM
lucky you had good spanish teachers. my spanish teacher talks so fast and treats me like a kindergardner
I am taking french :)

i actually had the honors version of spanish so it was a bit tougher than the regular ones - i was just good with it since I've taken the language since the 5th grade all the way to the 11th - i became pretty good speaking and understanding even though I am forgetting a little now but i still know all the basics and etc.

i plan to go to italy next year so i might pick up italian as one of my next classes