PDA

View Full Version : Confusion Between MGS1 and MGS3

Nerdy Knight
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I noticed this after playing the first game. In the first Metal Gear Solid, at the end of the game, Snake refers his real name to be David, but in MGS3, Big Boss refers to him as Jack. Jack happens to be Raiden's real name in MGS2. Is there some kind of confusion between character names here? Or is something else going on? Could Raiden be one of Snake's clone twins? Nah...couldn't be...

EpsilonX
04-16-2008, 12:02 AM
I noticed this after playing the first game. In the first Metal Gear Solid, at the end of the game, Snake refers his real name to be David, but in MGS3, Big Boss refers to him as Jack. Jack happens to be Raiden's real name in MGS2. Is there some kind of confusion between character names here? Or is something else going on? Could Raiden be one of Snake's clone twins? Nah...couldn't be...

i think they named him jack because at the beginning he has a mask that makes him look like raiden, plus, raiden's name was jack. So it was to fool gamers into thinking Raiden was back.

I really don't see the confusion.

Naked Snake's name is Jack
Solid Snake, one of his clones's name is Dave
And Raiden, just another soldier's name is Jack

There are multiple people in the world with the same name, y'know...

Nerdy Knight
04-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Oh yeah...I forgot that Naked and Solid were two seperate people. That always gets me.