PDA

View Full Version : Web Designing

Samus-Fan
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Random Hero is helping me, but for the future, I want to know how to design the web page.

I was wondering if anyone knew:
-The size (i.e. 400x800)
-Any coding needed?
-Additional info about designing a web page

rukisuto
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I've designed several web pages.
I'm no really sure what you're asking though, lol.

Explain?

Samus-Fan
05-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I've designed several web pages.
I'm no really sure what you're asking though, lol.

Explain?

Ok.
I was talking about what I make
I know I have to make:
-The Navigation Bar
-Then Page Footer
But that is about it. I was wondering what I make, and what the sizes are for each thing I make.

FattaT
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
lol, it depends on what type of site you want to make.

If you just want a simple site with a header, and footer. (no side bars or structured sections) then you just make both the header and footer the same width (should be more then 600px) and the height is completely up to you.

If you want to make a more advanced site, you create a template, which is where you create your entire sites layout in photoshop to the correct size.
Example: http://www.sarkis-webdesign.com/free/template_003.jpg

Then once that is created you need to slice the template. Which is where you cut all the images out like the header, navigation bar, menus, footer and all the other important features. You can do this in ImageReady if you are using CS2 and lower, or in Photoshop if you are using CS3.

LiNuX
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
first of all: questions and suggestions board is for FORUM RELATED TOPICS - if you need help with forum or have suggestions ABOUT the forum then post there

and second - about the size I don't really do px if I am making regular html sites - i usually do percentage - like 80% or 90% so it stretches along with the monitor but doesn't look full

and about FattaT's idea - thats a great idea and I do it for my Wordpress themes - did it for 3 of them but only finished one - 2 of them got deleted when i reformated my old PC so my sis can get a fresh start on it lol, forgot to move those files :( but this is a good idea if you are better with graphics and you know how to code around the images.