PDA

View Full Version : Dell or HP?

Toby83
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Im going to buy a new computer soon but i can't decide between Dell or HP. I know HP is a little cheaper but i heard it has alot of problems....my dad has an HP and it had problems. But Dell is a bit more expensive but i hear its worth it. what do you think? by the way iim getting a desktop

Nerdy Knight
06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure what people are saying about hp having problems. I own an HP myself. In fact, I'm using it right now, and I have never had any problems with the laptop itself. It's a very nice set-up, and isn't very bulky. I am using an older model. I've had an HP Pavilion ze4500 since 2003, and it has never given us any problems. HP is supposed to have excellent customer service, so even if it did have problems, it could be taken care of well and efficiently. Apparently Dell doesn't have very good customer service. At least not as good as HP. That's just me though. If you have to make a choice, I would definitely choose an HP. Hope you enjoy your laptop either way.

LiNuX
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Hewlett Packard!

My first real computer (meaning computer i had full control over without having to ask my parents to use it) was a HP Intel Celeron processor - it lasted almost 10 years! I got another HP after that and its been going for almost 5 years now - its my sister's pc now

and now that I can build my own computers unlike when I was 5 years old, i don't have to go for these premade PCs lol - but im not a huge fan of dell - i just fixed a dell inspiron laptop last week - its ALRIGHT but not a fan

Riku-Nara
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm using an hp laptop, and have had no problems with it for the most part.
(not problems with the actual pc, i mean)
My dell desktop computer recently broke down though.
no idea why.

jakncoke
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Buy the your own parts and put it together yourself..you'll get more bang for your buck.

Toby83
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
lol i buy u the parts and u do it xD

Kujo
06-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Custom build > any pre-made factory PC minus customer support.

LiNuX
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
lol i buy u the parts and u do it xD

lol i can do it if u live close to NYC :)

Toby83
06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
lol actually i do

LiNuX
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
lol actually i do

lol ok..where? i could build the thing for you in my home and deliver it to you or you can even come by and pick it up - and I'd prefer to work at home rather than go over since i know where everything I need at home is :D

but it really depends on the situation on when you want it and how you want it and what you want in it and when I am available - lots of variables here

Kujo
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
NY sucks. Go Red Sox!!!

LiNuX
06-05-2008, 12:03 AM
NY sucks. Go Red Sox!!!

lol, stick to topic please :) and i have to respectfully disagree!

Yuuki
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I have a Compaq, it's pretty good, no problems yet. And I have it for 3 years.

But I'd go with a Dell on this one.

LiNuX
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a Compaq, it's pretty good, no problems yet. And I have it for 3 years.

But I'd go with a Dell on this one.

Compaq is a HP company just in case you didn't know :)

Yuuki
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I am not very PC smart, sorry. XD
Hey, I learned something new today. xD
I haven't heard much about HP computers.
But a lot on Dell, so yeah.

LiNuX
06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I am not very PC smart, sorry. XD
Hey, I learned something new today. xD
I haven't heard much about HP computers.
But a lot on Dell, so yeah.

lol dont worry about it, thats why the rest of the world exists - but hp is way better in dell when it comes to hardware - they are a bit more expensive but it pays off because they last long and they are powerful - same with compaq i guess but i never used those that much to compare it to full HP computers

Yuuki
06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
lol dont worry about it, thats why the rest of the world exists - but hp is way better in dell when it comes to hardware - they are a bit more expensive but it pays off because they last long and they are powerful - same with compaq i guess but i never used those that much to compare it to full HP computers

Okies. lol
And I see.
My friend did ask what type of PC we had, I said Compaq since that is what we had. He said that it was good. So yeah. -shrugs-

wifi
06-08-2008, 09:40 AM
i think they are both good but depends on how you use them and what you use them for

rukisuto
06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I would say HP.
I don't really have facts or statistics or anything.
But my family deals with HP when it comes to computers.

Reliable :]

Eric
06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I've always had a dell at my house. Never really had any problems with them

diablo
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
i always used hp and never had bad experience with it, so i'll go witht hat

theski232
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Im going to buy a new computer soon but i can't decide between Dell or HP. I know HP is a little cheaper but i heard it has alot of problems....my dad has an HP and it had problems. But Dell is a bit more expensive but i hear its worth it. what do you think? by the way iim getting a desktop
dell is great but their website is a pain in the ass to get around and to order new parts/ink if there is not a store that carries supplies

Aizen
10-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I would go with HP. Dell doesnt impress me much and their customer service sucks. Research both of them though, I use my HP for school and my friend uses his Dell for his job. Depends on what you want to do.

YuriPrime
10-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I've got an HP. It serves me quite well.

suesam21
12-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Both are good. And now that Dell purchased Alienware, chances are that they are going stronger with sales now.