PDA

View Full Version : Katamari Sprites!

Nerdy Knight
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I made these sprites yesterday, and I'm still working on them, but I would like to know what you guys think so far. Check em' out!

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3986/theprincespriteswn0.png

BTW, spriting is when you make little pixelated things like this, and then use them for "sprite comics." An example of a sprite would be if you froze the screenshot on a Megaman game, and Megaman was frozen still in one frame. That image of him jumping would be considered a "sprite." If you are interested in maybe learning about sprite comics and making your own sprites, lemme know. Anyways, Comments & Criticism please!

LiNuX
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
that looks pretty cool, what did you use to make them?

better artist than i ever will be lol, in or out of computer

Iceskater101
06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
I have heard of sprites :) my brother likes to make them too. Thats cool! do you use paint? thats what my brother uses.

KittyCat72
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks cool, I made a sprite comic once... 3 issues. It wasn't that great though.

GF Eric
06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Man that is cool. I love sprites but I kind of suck at it.

rukisuto
06-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I love your skills with paint.
And sprites are my favorites.

DRAW POK'EMON SPRITES, lol.

Nerdy Knight
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised at how many people know about sprites! That's why I love this place :D

I use Paint for all my sprite comics, but once I get off my lazy @$$ and install Photosuite on my lappy, I'll be able to do some better effects and stuff. If anyone would be interested in seeing any of my old work and old sprite comics, go to Smack Jeeves Webcomic Hosting - Free Online Comics Host - Hosts over 10,000 webcomics (http://www.smackjeeves.com) and look up Chaotic Chaos and The Legend of Nerdy Knight. I'm afraid I won't be making any more of those comics, so those of you who wish for their stories to be continued, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not gonna happen.

LemonRising
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Haha those are cool.
Yeah I find a lot of people know about sprites -shrugs-

I tried to look at the comics but the 'page could not be found'. Smackjeeves has a lot of downtime, I find.