rukisuto
06-18-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/images/2006/06/the-illusionist-poster.jpg

Starring: Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel, Rufus Sewell
Directed By: Neil Burger
Released By: Yari Film Group
Theatrical Release Date: 08/18/2006

Synopsis:
When word of Eisenheim's astounding illusions reaches the powerful and pragmatic Crown Prince Leopold, the ruler attends one of the magician's shows in order to debunk Eisenheim during the performance. But when the Prince's intended, Sophie von Teschen, assists the magician onstage, Eisenheim and Sophie recognize each other from their childhoods and a dormant love affair is rekindled. As the clandestine romance continues, Uhl is charged by Leopold to intensify his efforts to expose Eisenheim, even while the magician gains a devoted and vocal public following. With Uhl doggedly searching for the reasons and the man behind the trickery, Eisenheim prepares to execute his greatest illusion yet.

[from MovieFone.com (http://moviephone.com/)]

Review:
I actually saw this movie on accident because my family and I actually thought it was another movie about magic. Being an accident, I was completely caught off guard when I saw how great the movie was. The film had an incredible, strong cast that fit their roles rather well. The story itself was very unique as well as intriguing. The movie is suspenseful from beginning to end and it will keep you on your feet and guessing. You'll be surprised by the incredible twist at the end; I know that I was. The ending really does a good job of wrapping up lose ends and explaining everything. I really recommend watching this movie; it really is not a disappointment. I actually just re-watched it again today :]

Critics Rating: 7/10
My Rating: 9/10

Raw!
06-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Nice review.

And to be honest, I thought this movie was 'The Prestige' or something close to that, but I realised it wasn't and realised it was a whole different movie. I may check this out.

rukisuto
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Nice review.

And to be honest, I thought this movie was 'The Prestige' or something close to that, but I realised it wasn't and realised it was a whole different movie. I may check this out.

That's the movie I thought it was when I went to see it.
But then we saw the preview for the Prestige while we were there, lol.

LiNuX
06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
the prestige was clever but confusing on how they kept switching frm one time to another

and i never saw the illusionist - might rent it or borrow it or something later - sounds interesting

Trunks
06-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I may have to go and watch this movie now. It sounds pretty good.

LiNuX
06-21-2008, 01:26 PM
i saw the movie at 3 am this morning lol, well finished at 3

movie was great lol - loved the ending and how they played it all out

ed norton doesnt do a lot of movies, well not a lot that i have seen, but the ones he does is pretty great, for example, this movie, Fight Club, and now he's in the hulk lol

Samus-Fan
06-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Great review!
I saw this movie a while ago, and it wasn't what I thought it was.
It really is a great movie. For whoever hasn't watched it:
WATCH IT

rukisuto
06-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm so glad you guys liked it.
It's definitely one of my favorite movies.

wifi
06-24-2008, 11:38 AM
i remember the movie but i think i saw it a while ago

nemesis
06-30-2008, 07:27 AM
i would give it 9/10 myself as well, it was very good and yes it kept me guessing it also had great special effects with a deep story line very good film

Scott
07-10-2008, 03:32 AM
I haven't seen this, in fact I haven't even heard much about it. I think I'll try to find someone with it on DVD.