PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Accent Lighting

ColtahMang16
06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey everyone,

So I have this 40 inch TV that I use for gaming, movies, tv, and everything else. I kind of want to "spice" it up a bit and put some awesome LED lights underneath it or on the side or something cool like that. I might even want to put some on my stand as well or maybe just the stand idk yet. What my question is, is how does all that work and what would I need? How is it powered? Basically I want cool LED lights around my TV area to make it look cool and I have no idea how or what I need to do it. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks so much everyone!

diablo
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
well you opened the thread in the wrong category because this is for forum related stuff

and why do you want led lights around your tv? do you mean on your tv on the sides? or on the walls or something?

ColtahMang16
06-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Ahh....sorry it said General Category so I thought my question would be good in there. Yeah like I said, on the sides or under and possibly on the wall i guess could work.

conman1000
06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Thread moved, I think I picked out the right category seeing as it has nothing to do with computers.

rukisuto
06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Personally, I think the LED lights would looks really cooler around the bottom of the TV rather than the sides.
I'm sorry, I can't really help you with how to start or where to look for these.
I'm not so good with wire-work, lol.

Good luck, and post some pictures of it when you're done :]

LiNuX
06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
i dont like other bright objects near my tv because it takes away attention from the tv lol - my tv has a very dim led light on the bottom indicating power and thats it

are you just doing this for the looks? cuz if its a LCD HDTV, you dont need much around it cuz people will be staring at whats on lol

ColtahMang16
06-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Mostly for looks yes. But it is also better on our eyes if you have some sort of lighting around it instead of staring at the screen in a dark room for so long. Less strain on your eyes

LiNuX
06-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Mostly for looks yes. But it is also better on our eyes if you have some sort of lighting around it instead of staring at the screen in a dark room for so long. Less strain on your eyes

well scientifically proven, watching tv in a dark room doesn't put a lot of strain on your eyes lol - like when they say u'll go blind if you watch tv too closely, doesn't happen - your eyes would hurt if u dont close them for a while lol, but its not as much strain as people think

but hey, its all up to you since it is your tv lol and unfortunately i can't help you with the led lighting as well, dont know where to get them :(

Kujo
07-02-2008, 06:21 AM
I'm thinking that LED lights near your TV would distract you from whats going on.... ON your TV. Bu thats just me I guess.

Samus-Fan
07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Step 1: Take off the bottom of your TV (Possible, I hope)

Step 2: Drill Hole into your TV (Please put the LEDs into the bottom, it looks the best.) Make sure the opening is large enough, but not too large, so that the LED fits inside the hole snuggly.

Step 3: If needed apply some super glue to the LED sides and insert into hole, otherwise if its snug enough, don't worry about it.

Step 4: Connect the power to a 12V source (You have to find the source yourself)

Step 5: Put everything back together and see the great results!

LEDs are so easy to install. Basically, put the LED in a hole, power it, and see the results!