PDA

View Full Version : August Tournament Requests

LiNuX
07-29-2008, 12:40 AM
August is the month we celebrate Gamers Forum's Birthday so I say we get a few more tournaments going and go through with the month. The other 3 will be finished one way or another!

So this thread is to request a game into one of the tournaments to be run in August. It can be a game you own at or it can be a game you just want to see how well you do against others.

Just fill out this simple form and post below. It will be taken for consideration! And to reinforce my last sentence, it is NOT Guaranteed to be accepted.

Arcade Game Name: (name of the game, simple)

Number of Players: 2, 4, 8 - the only three numbers you can choose from

Number of Tries: 1 to 5, How many tries can a person get per round?

Entry Fee: How much GFP Should they pay to get in? You can choose anywhere from Free to 50 GFP at most.

Please know something about the entry fee and number of players, it determines what the jackpot will be.

For example, if you want 8 players and the entry fee is 10 GFP - then its 10x8 which is 80 GFP total in Jackpot.

Questions? Ask here. Requests? Post here.

If no requests are made, random arcade games will be chosen.

If your request is accepted, you will be auto entered into the tournament, please have your asked Entry fee in hand. It will be auto deducted, otherwise we cannot start a tournament with you in it.

~LiNuX

Trunks
07-29-2008, 07:59 AM
# Arcade Game Name: Avalanche ( My Favorite game = )
# Number of Players: 4 I don't think 8 will fill up.
# Number of Tries: 3
# Entry Fee: 20 GFP

jakncoke
07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
i request we get the current tourney's done....aka the autobahn...you freaking ppl have been making me wait for a chance at a 2nd since march...it's time to do that one.

LiNuX
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
# Arcade Game Name: Avalanche ( My Favorite game = )
# Number of Players: 4 I don't think 8 will fill up.
# Number of Tries: 3
# Entry Fee: 20 GFP

will accept that - you will be auto entered into it when it goes up

i request we get the current tourney's done....aka the autobahn...you freaking ppl have been making me wait for a chance at a 2nd since march...it's time to do that one.

read my reply in the autobahn tourny - we'll start this in a few days if no one else gets in - along with the others

conman1000
08-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Name: Billiard Pro
People: 4
Tries: 4
Fee: 20 GFP

LiNuX
08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Avalanche and Billiard Pro are accepted

I will also be opening a Tetris and a Chopper Challenge tournament at the same time.

And since conman has permission to open tournaments on his own, you can open the billiard pro tourny on Friday 8/8/08

LiNuX
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
the two requests has been already implemented, one finished, another almost finished - anyone else have any recommendations? Or should I start random tournaments?

YuriPrime
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Let's have a pentathlon tourney.

LiNuX
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Let's have a pentathlon tourney.

no...why not? you didn't follow the request format

should i make the entry fee free? or make it a 1000 gfp?

incompletely requests will not be accepted. I recommend you read the first post again.

Samus-Fan
08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Alien Invasion
4 or 8. Not sure how many people play it.
I would say 2 tries. That way, if you mess up the first time, you get another one.
30 or 50.

YuriPrime
08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
no...why not? you didn't follow the request format

should i make the entry fee free? or make it a 1000 gfp?

incompletely requests will not be accepted. I recommend you read the first post again.
oops . . .

1. Yeti Pentathlon
2. 4 players
3. 3 tries/round
4. 25 gfp to enter

LiNuX
08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Alien Invasion
4 or 8. Not sure how many people play it.
I would say 2 tries. That way, if you mess up the first time, you get another one.
30 or 50.

i need specifics. Since this is your request - you will be auto entered into it. 4 or 8 players? 30 or 50 gfp? Pick one of each please, This will be YOUR tournament - if you can't decide on what you want in there, then there is no point in setting it up

also make sure you have the entry fee on hand - it'll be auto deducted from you when the tournament has been made

edit: @yuri - your tournament has been set up

Samus-Fan
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Alright, Sorry LiNuX.
Alien Invasion
4 Players
2 tries
50 GFP

LiNuX
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Alright, Sorry LiNuX.
Alien Invasion
4 Players
2 tries
50 GFP

thank you - your tournament has been approved and started - 50 GFP was deducted from your account. Good luck!

anyone else have any requests? New Requests will go up in 3-4 days. We have enough tournaments running for now.

LiNuX
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
we finished 5 tournaments this month - 3 will definitely be finished before the month's end - thats 8 total - lets see if we can get at least 2 more tournaments in and make August 2008 the most active month for he arcade tournaments!

anyone else have any suggestions? In 2 days I plan to open a Chopper Challenge one if no one will be making any suggestions

conman1000
08-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes, my suggestion is that the Chopper Challenge should be 8 players.

LiNuX
08-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, my suggestion is that the Chopper Challenge should be 8 players.

yea i was thinking about doing that