PDA

View Full Version : Disney launching boy targeted channel

jakncoke
08-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Disney Launching Boy-Targeted Cable Network

Toon Disney to be rebranded Disney XD, target boys 6-14.

By Alex Weprin -- Broadcasting & Cable, 8/7/2008 1:33:00 PM
Disney is rebranding Toon Disney as Disney XD, a network targeting boys age 6-14.

All of Toon Disney’s assets -- including its Web site, mobile platforms and video-on-demand service -- will be rebranded.

The new network, launching in February, will have a mix of live-action and animated fare, including sports programming produced with sister network ESPN, such as content from the X Games.

At launch, programming will include Aaron Stone, a live-action adventure series seeing the title character becoming a real-life video-game hero; Mongoose & Luther, about two boys who want to become famous skateboarders; Hero and Not, an animated short-form series produced in Italy; and RoboDz, a 3-D, computer-graphics-imaging animated and live action series.

Disney XD will also have nonoriginal programming such as Phineas and Ferb, Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series and Spiderman.

“Disney Channel is a huge business serving kids all around the world, and it's especially successful with girls, and our goal with Disney XD is to have that same success ratio with boys,” said Rich Ross, president of Disney Channel Worldwide, in a statement.

“Disney XD will showcase great stories and empowering characters with Disney's brand credibility and a cool creative factor that will set it apart from the pack," he added.

Disney XD will inherit Toon Disney’s 70 million household reach.

I'm sure someone will care.

conman1000
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Dang, if only I was still young.

LiNuX
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
i haven't been into disney shows since i was like 11 or 12....lol - i moved onto other channels and shows

Shixx
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
lol..woulda been nice when I was a kid..

rukisuto
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I guess that's a pretty smart move.
Can't see why it wouldn't catch on with the little boys in the world.

Why a boy channel and not a girl's?

jakncoke
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I guess that's a pretty smart move.
Can't see why it wouldn't catch on with the little boys in the world.

Why a boy channel and not a girl's?

maybe they figure as it is the disney channel is already targeted towards girls.

rukisuto
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
maybe they figure as it is the disney channel is already targeted towards girls.

Yeah, I can see that.
I always loved the disney channel when I was little :]

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I can see that.
I always loved the disney channel when I was little :]

my little sister still likes it...she watches it in HD now and for some reason i find the shows more annoying in HD than in standard def. lol

i used to like nickelodeon way more...cartoons like Rugrats, and Hey Arnold, and the others used to be my favorites as a child lol

rukisuto
08-08-2008, 02:10 PM
my little sister still likes it...she watches it in HD now and for some reason i find the shows more annoying in HD than in standard def. lol

i used to like nickelodeon way more...cartoons like Rugrats, and Hey Arnold, and the others used to be my favorites as a child lol

Oh yeah, '90s nickelodeon was kick butt.
I hate the shows that they have running today though.

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah, '90s nickelodeon was kick butt.
I hate the shows that they have running today though.

i dont even know what they have besides Spongebob - I used to watch All That and Kenan & Kel and all the shows there...used to be awesome - now i barely watch tv - catch some shows that I like and now the internet really has everything you need lol

jakncoke
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Hey Arnold was pretty neat, still is a peasant compared to classics like Scooby Doo, Flintstones..ect

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey Arnold was pretty neat, still is a peasant compared to classics like Scooby Doo, Flintstones..ect

oh definitely - I still watch scooby doo when i can lol, still like it - same with Tom and Jerry, Flinstones, Jetsons, and I watch the superhero cartoons on Jetix sometimes like spiderman, ironman, etc..

rukisuto
08-08-2008, 02:24 PM
oh definitely - I still watch scooby doo when i can lol, still like it - same with Tom and Jerry, Flinstones, Jetsons, and I watch the superhero cartoons on Jetix sometimes like spiderman, ironman, etc..

A lot of those were on cartoon network though.
I thought you were just referencing nickelodeon.

LiNuX
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
A lot of those were on cartoon network though.
I thought you were just referencing nickelodeon.

that was the post before that one - Cartoon network was up there too. They have those shows on Boomerang now - not just CN