PDA

View Full Version : SOOOO many guests!

Hawk
08-09-2008, 03:33 AM
I have been a part of quite a few forums in the past, but none of which have so many guests online?

Are these people or bots or what?

Because the amount of guests we have is crazy!

rukisuto
08-09-2008, 08:08 AM
A lot of them are bots.

RobCreek'Z
08-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Lulz. This Forum Is What I Call A "Ree Runner Tack Forum"
Guest's Can View Almost The Exact Same As A User On This Forum Can.
Besides The User Cp Duhh.
But Back To The Point. Admin Should Make This Forum "Lock Transparent".
Other Words Guests Can Not View Posts - Topic's Unless The Register.
There's Load's This Forum Has To Give, But It Just Has Not Reached It's Full Potential.

- RobCreek'Z

rukisuto
08-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I believe there's something on the forum where guests are only allowed to view 10 topics before they're locked out.
So, we do have something along those lines.

conman1000
08-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Lulz. This Forum Is What I Call A "Ree Runner Tack Forum"
Guest's Can View Almost The Exact Same As A User On This Forum Can.
Besides The User Cp Duhh.
But Back To The Point. Admin Should Make This Forum "Lock Transparent".
Other Words Guests Can Not View Posts - Topic's Unless The Register.
There's Load's This Forum Has To Give, But It Just Has Not Reached It's Full Potential.

- RobCreek'Z

Guests are locked out after 10 threads viewed. I don't know if LiNuX put the thing aback online yet though.

LiNuX
08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I have been a part of quite a few forums in the past, but none of which have so many guests online?

Are these people or bots or what?

Because the amount of guests we have is crazy!

from 60-75% of them are bots - the others are human visitors - you can check the guests online in the past 24 hour section - human guests are around 800-900 while bots are around 2000 so they aren't all bots - they are here to index our pages into their search engine which is good

Guests are locked out after 10 threads viewed. I don't know if LiNuX put the thing aback online yet though.

i hate this script...running it for like 5 days now...and its like 80% done now lol - i'm shutting it off tonight and turning the mod back on - guests won't be able to see more than 10 threads after that

gameguy454
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
what are the bots doing??

LiNuX
08-09-2008, 02:58 PM
what are the bots doing??

i know you said that reading rules is something no one does - but do you not read posts as well?

if you read carefully, i said bots are here to index pages to put into their search engine

Hawk
08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh,
That explains the "1 member online, 213 guests online" lol