PDA

View Full Version : lol.... wow

Trunks
08-09-2008, 05:01 PM
9. The laws of Canada and the United States will govern this Agreement, except for that body of laws relating to conflicts of laws. The parties agree that any dispute arising under this Agreement will be resolved in the courts within Canada and/or the United States and each party expressly consents to jurisdiction therein.

11. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous negotiations, discussions and understandings of the parties, whether written or oral. Should any provision of this Agreement be determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver or modification of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by both of the parties.

Wow..... I just got the position for beta tester for a WoW private server. That is the ToS that I had to sign. To be honest, I don't know what half of it means. I reread it like 3 times and I'm still confused. I get the basic picture of it though. Don't send out information about the beta server.

Seriously though, is that not hard to understand?

Trunks
08-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I can't get over it.... He must of gone to law school or something.

Hawk
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
They make it hard to understand so you wont read it :p

Trunks
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
no.... It pass hard... I under stood the first two perfectly. Then it started to get hard.... Now it's like.... There isn't even a word for it... I mean...... WTF does it mean.

Hawk
08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
dude that is hard to read
get an english converter? lol

LiNuX
08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Rule 9 speaks of everything before that rule - saying if you break it, they can sue you if you live in the US or Canada.

Rule 11 says that this is the only contract between you and the company. If you have any prior agreements with them, they don't matter here. And the only way to get special treatment is with written consent of both parties.

Not too hard to understand. But you'd have to read the other 9 rules to really know what you are getting yourself into lol

Trunks
08-09-2008, 05:52 PM
The rules from 1-8 were just talking about don't release pictures, videos or anything. It didn't say anything about the ToS so I posted it...

LiNuX
08-09-2008, 05:53 PM
The rules from 1-8 were just talking about don't release pictures, videos or anything. It didn't say anything about the ToS so I posted it...

yeah..this is just saying if you break the other rules, they can take legal action against you. That's rule 9. And Rule 11 says stuff about prior agreements and future agreements. They all must be done with written consent of both parties.

Trunks
08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Rule 9 speaks of everything before that rule - saying if you break it, they can sue you if you live in the US or Canada.

Rule 11 says that this is the only contract between you and the company. If you have any prior agreements with them, they don't matter here. And the only way to get special treatment is with written consent of both parties.

Not too hard to understand. But you'd have to read the other 9 rules to really know what you are getting yourself into lol

ppfpfpdflpsdfs what? Not to hard....... mhmmm. Sounds like a bunch of poopy too me.

LAWL poopy

LiNuX
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
ppfpfpdflpsdfs what? Not to hard....... mhmmm. Sounds like a bunch of poopy too me.

LAWL poopy

lol...i study law, i see this crap all the time..i dont read them thoroughly, i just know what they mean - i hear them once and its stuck to my head - its my brain...i blame it